• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

david.hoyt

david.hoyt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm pretty new to OSX on notebooks, but vaguely familiar with the process. Looking to purchase an ASUS netbook, primarily the 1015PED-PU17 in black, I would like to see if anyone things OSX could be installed later on. Win7 Starter is fine for what I need, but I would really like OSX later on, is this even (in)conceivable(!)?

zjr8

zjr8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm pretty new to OSX on notebooks, but vaguely familiar with the process. Looking to purchase an ASUS netbook, primarily the 1015PED-PU17 in black, I would like to see if anyone things OSX could be installed later on. Win7 Starter is fine for what I need, but I would really like OSX later on, is this even (in)conceivable(!)?

I actually have the same netbook lol, trying to install OSX on it yielded mixed results. There is no kernel extension for the GMA 3150 that i know of that will provide accelerated video. Also I dont believe there is a wireless ktext for for the BCM 4347 or what ever the card is it in. Sleep also was not working for me

Adam.Perrault

Adam.Perrault

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I actually have the same netbook lol, trying to install OSX on it yielded mixed results. There is no kernel extension for the GMA 3150 that i know of that will provide accelerated video. Also I dont believe there is a wireless ktext for for the BCM 4347 or what ever the card is it in. Sleep also was not working for me

Have you gotten any farther. I just got one of these and would like to get rid of the micro-plauge on it.

sulan

sulan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Wich guide did you use to get osx to work on 1015ped?

I tried the guide for 1005ha with no luck at all
(couldn´t see/partirion my harddrive through the installer) ;) and then windows couldn´t recover.

wackygamer

wackygamer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am also very interested, i'd like to atleast get it working... lol

wackygamer

wackygamer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
*BUMP* Anyone?

sgrinalds

sgrinalds

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
***BUMP*** Yes please the new 1015P Series are so Sexy!!! Anybody have one with any luck. I love my 1005hab Hackbook Nano, but I love the keyboard of the new 1015P's and would love to take advantage of the N550. Anybody out there ???

drprimo

drprimo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I would like to ask the same thing, looking at the 1015PEM-MU17 after almost buying a 1005HAB. Some success by others would be nice to help me decide! Need to buy before Xmas (though can wait until after to get OSX running).

WEB11

WEB11

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I am wondering the same myself. I heard the 1015P is very similar to the 1018P and that is what I have.

Pikeman85

Pikeman85

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Any word on this? I have a 1015 PE, and I'd like to know how it works - would love to have 7 as well as OSX on this machine.

rsibaja

rsibaja

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys I'm trying to install it in my 1015PEM

with this guide http://www.tomsguide...iew-1578-2.html

but I'm getting this error:

Attached File  P1000809.JPG   130.32KB   21 downloads

Attached File  P1000810.JPG   230.27KB   24 downloads

I'm using the netbook installer (http://code.google.c...book-installer/) so I'm stuck here (http://www.tomsguide...iew-1578-9.html) I don't know where to go, or why I'm getting this error... I'm gonna send my netbook to our IT guy (in the company that I work) and see if this guy can help me too

cya guys!

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hi,
I have installed osx 10.6.7 on my ASUS 1015 PD
Look in this post: http://www.insanelym...p...=241913&hl=
But I have many problems:
- video kext not loaded -> 800x600
- builtin wireless RT3090 not available. I also tried with an external usb wifi... no success. For the moment I use a network cable...
- the system does not power off

ciao!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy