VIA VT1708S 7.1

Mohamed Khairy

43 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
UPDATE

VOODOOHDA 2.71 WITH PERFPANE (new features )

whom have problem with digital try it

dont forget add your controller id

VT1708S.zip

Ok, I extract data about my sound card and i obtain that :

Codec: VIA VT1708S

Address: 0

Function Id: 0x1

Vendor Id: 0x11060397

Subsystem Id: 0x10438415

Revision Id: 0x100000

So what?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anybody had any success getting the optical out to work on VT1708s with Mohamed's posted kexts?

Only the analog outputs are working for me. Selecting the optical out does not output any sound for me and when I try to play a song in iTunes, the sound output always reverts to the green analog output even when I have nothing plugged into the analog ports.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

In OS X Lion when i press mute keyboard work but when i press again the sound not back. I try the new VooDooHDA 2.7.3 but the problem is not solved, sorry my english ;) ... any fix please for via VT1708s.

Edit: Ok, problem solved. I created the key "VoodooHDAEnableMuteFix" to "YES" (without the quotes lol) in Info.plist and changed all the codecs "NodesToPatch" to the value 2 .... and now works mute from the keyboard. Here is my Kext, can serve someone who has the same problem. :) Thanks

Note: This Kext only works with my device ID: 0x27d88086, to another different device ID that has changed the IOPCIPrimaryMatch with the correct value.

VooDooHDA_for_Via_VT1708s_mute_working.zip

• 2 months later...

QUOTE (xmen107 @ Aug 28 2011, 08:43 PM)

In OS X Lion when i press mute keyboard work but when i press again the sound not back. I try the new VooDooHDA 2.7.3 but the problem is not solved, sorry my english sad.gif ... any fix please for via VT1708s.

Edit: Ok, problem solved. I created the key "VoodooHDAEnableMuteFix" to "YES" (without the quotes lol) in Info.plist and changed all the codecs "NodesToPatch" to the value 2 .... and now works mute from the keyboard. Here is my Kext, can serve someone who has the same problem. smile.gif Thanks

Note: This Kext only works with my device ID: 0x27d88086, to another different device ID that has changed the IOPCIPrimaryMatch with the correct value.

Please how did you get these NodesToPatch in your plist.

my sound is VT1828S and i need do create this NodesToPatch's in my plist to put my audio working.

how do you learn this, have any link? or do you download a next?

Thanks for any help

• 1 month later...

Hi, help me please. I tried everything. : (

I have a crackles sound.

0. Different kexts Voodoo. (Now installed yours kext: post #22)

1. Vectorize-true

2. Use SSE2

3. Exhibited different values ​​in the MIDI settings

4. Busratio = 15

5. CPUS = 1

Helps only 5 option.

Help, 5 variant did not like. It works only one core out of 4! There are more options for how to fix this problem?

Processor: AMD ATHLON II X3 445 unlocked at AMD Phenom II X4 B40

Motherboard: Asus M4A77TD Pro

C respectfully. Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my English. Help (((

• 3 weeks later...

In OS X Lion when i press mute keyboard work but when i press again the sound not back. I try the new VooDooHDA 2.7.3 but the problem is not solved, sorry my english :( ... any fix please for via VT1708s.

Edit: Ok, problem solved. I created the key "VoodooHDAEnableMuteFix" to "YES" (without the quotes lol) in Info.plist and changed all the codecs "NodesToPatch" to the value 2 .... and now works mute from the keyboard. Here is my Kext, can serve someone who has the same problem. :) Thanks

Thank for the kext works well with my biostar d41d3+ on 10.7.2

Codec : VIA VT1708BCE

Vendor Id : 0x1106e721

Subsystem Id : 0x1565810a

At last working mic

You are a star

Edited by robi62

• 4 years later...