Ati hd 4650 and mac os x retil snow leopard 10.6.4

Krillinballz

31 posts in this topic

It would seem i have read some storys of people getting the Ati hd 4650 512mb to work with mac os x 10.6 and up. i have tryed every method possable and i keep coming up short in teh long run. On top of every thing i keep having to use a premade boot cd from a guide i found to install retil snow leopard on my computer. Every time i try to use chameleon bootloader i get cpu 1 has no Hpet assigned to it souce is appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext. If any one can help me fix thiese issues i would be most greatful i have been trying for past 6months to get this working and im at the end of my rope.

Well thanx in advance

It would seem i have read some storys of people getting the Ati hd 4650 512mb to work with mac os x 10.6 and up. i have tryed every method possable and i keep coming up short in teh long run. On top of every thing i keep having to use a premade boot cd from a guide i found to install retil snow leopard on my computer. Every time i try to use chameleon bootloader i get cpu 1 has no Hpet assigned to it souce is appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext. If any one can help me fix thiese issues i would be most greatful i have been trying for past 6months to get this working and im at the end of my rope.

Well thanx in advance

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=202099

Escuse for italian, I have no time to translate.

I was going to point you elsewhere but I see Giorgio already is helping you. He is the master of getting the 512 version of this card working so I will leave you in his hands. One thing though....

Your problems seems to have nothing to do with your card and everything to do with your bootloader. You are going to need to fix your issue with HPET most likely before you go worrying about accelerated video.

I was going to point you elsewhere but I see Giorgio already is helping you. He is the master of getting the 512 version of this card working so I will leave you in his hands. One thing though....

Your problems seems to have nothing to do with your card and everything to do with your bootloader. You are going to need to fix your issue with HPET most likely before you go worrying about accelerated video.

see that's what i dont understand i never had a problem with my hpet on any verysion of mac even 10.6.0 and i used to run it with chameleon boot loader so im stumped on that

Well if you want to test wether or not it is your kexts (which I doubt) you can simply back up your ATI kexts and remove them from /S/L/E. If you are able to boot then you know the issue is connected to your video kexts, but I think much more likely you will continue getting that HPET error. I would recommend seeking some support in the chameleon threads.

Well if you want to test wether or not it is your kexts (which I doubt) you can simply back up your ATI kexts and remove them from /S/L/E. If you are able to boot then you know the issue is connected to your video kexts, but I think much more likely you will continue getting that HPET error. I would recommend seeking some support in the chameleon threads.

ok i have made head way on my own by remebering a few things i forgot to make a dsdt for chameleon which fixed teh appleintelpowermanagement.kext and hpet problem now my problem is acpi_smc_platformplugin i get some ca state power error. and is till cant get my 4650ati 512mb card to work i even translated the guide to english. so im down to only 2 problems i got my alc889a to work in headphone mode with voodohda.kext which is fine with me lol. I'm greatful at this point for all the help you guys have gave me and i hope for least help on these last 2 problems if not i will understand.

Thank you in advance again

Ok with Iatkos s3 v2 which is snowleopard 10.6.3 i can get very thing working stright from install even my video card only problem i have left is the Q/E and Q/open gl dont work. When i replace teh kext with the 10.6.3 i got from the guide my screen goes in to sleep mode. Any idea's guy's im so close

Ok after much trial and error i got a retail copy of snow leopard 10.6.0 too boot with chameleon i took kext from the iatkos v2 s3 i had and made an extra folder with file in side called extensions of which i added all the kext to from the iatkos dvd i had using pacifist. i moded the com.apple.boot file with the graphic enable string and a special string that tells mac which slot my video card is in of which i got the text files on the dvd as well. Now im at the stage where with no moded kext files mac sees i have the 4650 ati hd with no q/e or any of that working yet. So i am going back to guide i was provided going to retranslate it and hope it all work's out in the end. at this point if you guys have any mover advice to give me like if the atiradeonx2000.kext gives me kernal panic again and how to fix it that info would be great. Thank You all for your help and hard work.

Thank You in Advance for any more advice you might have.

Your Friend KrillinBallz

ps. errandwolfe i read some stuff you said to a guy on a different mac site about if he did not know what he was doing not to mess with mac and such well that inspired me to keep going and put in even more time and hard work to better me alone with my mac skills. so thank you for the unseen inspirment.

Ok i think i have made some head way not sure but for some reason when i load mac it will not load ati4600controller/atiframebuffer/atiradeonx2000.kext . but when i load mac if i can load the 4600controller.kext first then the atiframebuffer.kext then i can load the atiradeonx2000.kext in that order using the terminal so mac dont crash. any idea's

Ok i think i have made some head way not sure but for some reason when i load mac it will not load ati4600controller/atiframebuffer/atiradeonx2000.kext . but when i load mac if i can load the 4600controller.kext first then the atiframebuffer.kext then i can load the atiradeonx2000.kext in that order using the terminal so mac dont crash. any idea's

Krillin, would love to help you out but I have no idea what you are trying to say...Maybe if you could give me a bit more detail on what you are doing....?

Oh and make sure the 3 kexts you mention are all the same version number. For 10.6.4, after the Graphics Update, you should have version 1.6.18.

Actually here is a handy little list for everyone

10.6.2 - 1.6.06

10.6.3 - 1.6.10

10.6.4 - 1.6.16

10.6.4 - 1.6.18 (After Graphics Update)

10.6.5 - 1.6.20 (Beta)

Krillin, would love to help you out but I have no idea what you are trying to say...Maybe if you could give me a bit more detail on what you are doing....?

Oh and make sure the 3 kexts you mention are all the same version number. For 10.6.4, after the Graphics Update, you should have version 1.6.18.

Actually here is a handy little list for everyone

10.6.2 - 1.6.06

10.6.3 - 1.6.10

10.6.4 - 1.6.16

10.6.4 - 1.6.18 (After Graphics Update)

10.6.5 - 1.6.20 (Beta)

Hi i tried some kexts but with 10.6.5 i had no luck, can you say that with beta 1.6.20 my 4650 will work?? And where i can find that?

Thanks

Where can I find 10.6.4 - 1.6.18 (After Graphics Update)

I have the 1.6.16 file but not the .18

For those who want the .16, they are in the attachment.

---------------

On a hunch, I decided to reinstall the Snow Leopard Graphics update from Apple's site. It installed the .18 version for me. Bingo! The resolution is now working.

But I tried an app called Quartz Extreme Check. It says I'm not accelerated. As far as I know, and according to Giorgia, there is no way to get it accelerated with the graphics update. As a result, is it possible to uninstall the SL Graphics Update? Or do I need to completely reinstall my Hackintosh to 10.6.4? I'd rather avoid that if possible.

Running my 4650 512 MB and SL 10.6.4

---------------

I just bought this video card today so that it would work well with my Hackintosh. What a headache to get it working. Is there a simpler plug and play video card I can buy? It just needs to be PCI-E. I'll return the 4650 and buy a different card.

---------------

I see this post saying QE/CI works: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1532366

snowleo1064_4650_hd_enabler_package_by_sincro77.zip

Ok i booted in safe mode i used kextutility to install all the new kext i got from mr.errandwolfe which he was more then wonderful with all the help i got from him. Well i got the kext installed with no kernel panic but now my screen goes black after the os boots up. any ideas.

Ok i booted in safe mode i used kextutility to install all the new kext i got from mr.errandwolfe which he was more then wonderful with all the help i got from him. Well i got the kext installed with no kernel panic but now my screen goes black after the os boots up. any ideas.

Krillin, what cable config are you using to attach your monitors?

I am using DVI to VGA convertor on the DVI port and VGA on VGA port. The DVI port then gives me working video and the VGA boots up to black screen on GUI load. If I try to go straight DVI from the DVI port then I get both screens black. So if you are using straight out DVI that could be your issue.

i have a dvi port and vga port i tryed the vga no luck i tryed the dvi-vga converter no luck. maybe i need to rethink the bootloader forsome reason the one you provided me would not work so i install Aserebln v1.1.9 off my atikos v2 s3 dvd. so i think i may have goofed on the bootloader end which is easy to fix.

i think im done i just cant get this to work to every one else that did congrats wish i could have been one of the few to achvie this goal. well thank you all for the help i was givin when you did not have to at all.

Think im stuck getting a new video card. but one last thing the might hold me back maybe i am runing a ga-p35c-ds3r mobo with a q8300 quad core over clocked to 3gig with ddr2 ram 667mhz over clocked to 800. if none of this matter or nothing i can change in my bios that might help im done and again Thank You.

Long Live Hacintosh Long live KrillinBallz

i have a dvi port and vga port i tryed the vga no luck i tryed the dvi-vga converter no luck. maybe i need to rethink the bootloader forsome reason the one you provided me would not work so i install Aserebln v1.1.9 off my atikos v2 s3 dvd. so i think i may have goofed on the bootloader end which is easy to fix.

Krillin,

AsereBLN 1.1.9 IS the bootloader I sent you. Installing if from the DVD should have made no difference. I am sorry man, but the the other thing I can think is your boot.Plist file. Otherwise you should now be running exactly what is working for me. Here is a copy of my Boot.plist for your reference. This is located in /Extra

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>y</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>y</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=x86_64 -force64 -v</string>

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>1</string>