Help with ACPI_SMC_platformplugin time-out.

bergqvistjl

1 post in this topic

Basically, my question is, how can I (if I can at all?) remove some kext files from a OSX Snow Leopard Install Disk image (in ISO format)? I don't have a Mac, so I can't do it on MacOS. However I am using ubuntu. My PC that I am trying to install Snow Leopard on is this:

Biostar T-power i45 Mobo.

Core 2 Duo E8400 3Ghz CPU

XFX Geforce GTX 275 Graphics card.

4GB RAM

The drive i am installing onto is a 275GB SATA, and is installing from a Sata DVD-RW.

OK so the disk image I am installing from (burnt to a dual layer DVD-R) is in an ISO format. Basically, what happens is (after setting my SATA drives to AHCI in the BIOS, and disabling the onboard LAN, so that doesnt complicate things) when I boot the installer in verbose mode, it hangs on the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin line, which it says is Timed out.

Now, I have found a solution here: http://www.hackint0sh.org/f200/43669.htm which I would like to try but it appears I need to modify the Snow leopard ISO, which I'm not sure how to do, If i try to mount the ISO in Windows or Ubuntu just the bootcamp stuff appears. Anybody got any suggestions?

P.S. I am going to try and install Kalyway 10.5.2 in the meantime (I hope it will install on an IDE drive, I only have 1 SATA drive and thats going to have OSX on it) since I gather it will make things a bit easier.