Folder share Dual Boot

mamen

5 posts in this topic

Hi

I have a Hackintosh running with a dual-boot Windows 7 and Mac OSX, and my question is can I share a folder between both OS's ?

I dont have Internet because there arent kext's to it..

Yes you can. If it's Snow Leopard, it has a build in NTFS driver so you can at least read Windows partition. If it's Leopard, install NTFS3g and you will have read/write support for NTFS.

On the Windows site... Well you will need additional software. For the reed only HFS+ access use appropriate windows driver from latest BootCamp. I use it and it works perfectly. For read/write support use MacDrive http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive/ or any similar product.

Also you may create a separate FAT partition for data exchange, but it FAT is limited to 2Gb file size.

Be warned that read is more or less well supported for both system, but write support may be buggy and can potentially led to data loss.

I install this program on Windows and from there I can read and write on Mac Particion
Yes, exactly.
But does it work if I am on Mac and want to write on Windows ?
As I said
If it's Snow Leopard, it has a build in NTFS driver so you can at least read Windows partition. If it's Leopard, install NTFS3g and you will have read/write support for NTFS.