What to replace Rebel EFI with?

OSXChris

1 post in this topic

Yes, I am one of those fools who used Rebel EFI. :( To make a long story short, what would be my best option to remove Rebel EFI from my system? Since Psystar is in a legal dispute and locked down there application I am unable to update my system to 10.6.4. I just want to know what the best option is to rid myself of Psystar and continue using my PC and get updates.

1) Can I just install a application over Rebel EFI to replace it? (such as Chameleon, ect.)

2) Or should I just reinstall everything on my system with a new OSx86 solution?

I am sort of a novice and have been looking for a answer all over the internet with no luck. Just trying to figure out what my best option is because I don't want to go through the hassle of deleting everything off my hard drive and reinstalling it all. Some insight from a senior hackintosher would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and my Specs are below.

Snow Leopard 10.6.2

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 Ghz (Q6600)

Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R

8GB of Memory

Nvida e-Geforce 8800GT SC

SyBA PCI Firewire 1394a 3+1 Ports Controller Card SD-NEC-4F