Asus AT3N7A-I ajuda pessoal!

bruno_mac

32 posts in this topic

Sorry to barge in on this discussion (and in English of all things, thank god for Google Translate :)).

This is the best discussion I've found on the net for getting OS X on this board.

Am I to understand that you've given up on it? Did it not work eventually? Should I even bother trying to get it working?

I bought this machine to serve as a NAS(Thanks to 4 SATA ports)+Media Center combo. Mac OS X seems like the best choice since it supports ZFS quite well with maczfs, and Plex is the best thing since sliced bread... I would hate to revert to Ubuntu + Freenas, but it'll have to do if I must.

Thanks!

Sorry to barge in on this discussion (and in English of all things, thank god for Google Translate :thumbsup_anim: ).

This is the best discussion I've found on the net for getting OS X on this board.

Am I to understand that you've given up on it? Did it not work eventually? Should I even bother trying to get it working?

I bought this machine to serve as a NAS(Thanks to 4 SATA ports)+Media Center combo. Mac OS X seems like the best choice since it supports ZFS quite well with maczfs, and Plex is the best thing since sliced bread... I would hate to revert to Ubuntu + Freenas, but it'll have to do if I must.

Thanks!

Hi there! Welcome odedia. Like oldnapalm said i stopped the hackintosh attempt on the Asus mobo. I bought a Gigabyte wich a lot easy to work with. But in the end i got it all working with the Asus mobo. It was nor easy though. I worked a lot around that mobo i don´t remember everything but i´ll try to help you.

-First of all make 2 partitions. One for the installation and the other to make a copy when you were able to boot on mac osx. This is crucial!! It saved me many times from reinstall again.

-Then the only way that i managed to install Snow Leopard was with the Boot132+Retail method. Boot from the Boot132 cd and switch to the Retail DVD when prompt. Before hit enter type -v -x cpus=2 and then Enter( only when i typed this i was able too boot)

- In the end it will probably give an installation error but ignore that. Is fine.

-Then boot again with Boot 132 cd and select the drive were you had just installed the SL and before hit enter type again the commands i gave you above.

-Once in the SL the firs thing i advise you to do is get Carbon Cloner Copy from the internet and make a full copy of your partition.

-Then install the Chamaleon bootloader(after this you will be able to boot without the Boot132 cd)

For start i think is enough. Sorry about my poor English.

Any question just post here.

I will research about the kexts needed and post it here.

Your English is fine, thanks for the prompt reply.

So I understand that EVERYTHING worked? Did you try running something like Plex with graphics acceleration h.264 enabled? If yes, how did it work out?

I would really appreciate the kext files if possible. Should I install these using Chameleon or some other program?

I tried to get many boot managers to work off the USB port but they all failed. I guess I'll have to arrange a DVD drive. What issues did you have with the USB sticks? Did you try booting the OS from USB or from the hard drive?

If I understand correctly, you suggest that once I have a working copy of Snow Leopard and before I run Chameleon, I should backup my partition for trial and error. But how can I do this with Carbon Copy Cloner if I am actually running from that partition? Will it allow me to make a block-level copy of the currently running OS partition?

Thanks again, you guys are great.

Your English is fine, thanks for the prompt reply.

So I understand that EVERYTHING worked? Did you try running something like Plex with graphics acceleration h.264 enabled? If yes, how did it work out?

I would really appreciate the kext files if possible. Should I install these using Chameleon or some other program?

I tried to get many boot managers to work off the USB port but they all failed. I guess I'll have to arrange a DVD drive. What issues did you have with the USB sticks? Did you try booting the OS from USB or from the hard drive?

If I understand correctly, you suggest that once I have a working copy of Snow Leopard and before I run Chameleon, I should backup my partition for trial and error. But how can I do this with Carbon Copy Cloner if I am actually running from that partition? Will it allow me to make a block-level copy of the currently running OS partition?

Thanks again, you guys are great.

-I didn´t try Plex but i tried Boxee and Hardware Acceleration works like a charm:) but only when i updated from 10.6 to 10.6.4 really low cpu usage and no frame drops( i tried 720p and 1080p mkvs) But with really high frame rate files i don´t know..atom...is not that powerful..

-You install chamaleon that will create a folder called Extra and you have to place the kexts on that folder.

-I trie usb but no luck. Only Boot 132 + Retail worked for me.

-When in SL Usbs sometimes work sometimes dont. I don´t know why but i guess it´s an easy fix by dsdt.

-After you get a working and bootable installation if you make a copy of it to a usb hard drive you´l probably be able to boot from that usb.

-Yes. Before doing anything download CCC and make a integral copy of the working partition. It´s easy. You just boot on SL normally, install CCC and in source select the working partition and in target the backup partition.

Then install chamaleon and on boot you will have the two partitions.

Dont forget to select AHCI on bios.

Keep in touch.

And don´t give up. It took me 5 days just to pass to the installation process. Read a lot and learn. You´ll get there:)

-I didn´t try Plex but i tried Boxee and Hardware Acceleration works like a charm:) but only when i updated from 10.6 to 10.6.4 really low cpu usage and no frame drops( i tried 720p and 1080p mkvs) But with really high frame rate files i don´t know..atom...is not that powerful..

-You install chamaleon that will create a folder called Extra and you have to place the kexts on that folder.

-I trie usb but no luck. Only Boot 132 + Retail worked for me.

-When in SL Usbs sometimes work sometimes dont. I don´t know why but i guess it´s an easy fix by dsdt.

-After you get a working and bootable installation if you make a copy of it to a usb hard drive you´l probably be able to boot from that usb.

-Yes. Before doing anything download CCC and make a integral copy of the working partition. It´s easy. You just boot on SL normally, install CCC and in source select the working partition and in target the backup partition.

Then install chamaleon and on boot you will have the two partitions.

Dont forget to select AHCI on bios.

Keep in touch.

And don´t give up. It took me 5 days just to pass to the installation process. Read a lot and learn. You´ll get there:)

Sounds excellent, thanks!

Would love to have those kexts if you can find them, it would really help me out.

Sounds excellent, thanks!

Would love to have those kexts if you can find them, it would really help me out.

hi there. You have to read this topic http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=197516

It helped me a lot. Download the v2 pack and use those kexts. Only delete the ALC662 kexts.

Use the dsdt that Maldon sent me on this topic.

And when you update to 10.6.4 don´t forget to replace the kernel with the custom one http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...197020&st=0

I have not much time now but later i will try to help you better.