Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

I checked, and processor serial number is a "?" in bdmesg... So you're right. Is there a way to inject processor S/N instead of patching it? (Maybe with an additional smbios.plist key (like "injectSMcpuserial") for those people who don't have S/N in their smbios)

I prefer to use dmidecode (SMBIOS_Viewer) instead of bdmesg because it shows all smbios content properly. Bdmesg shows only values defined by Chameleon. As I said before if smbios (older rev.) doesn't contain some entry, Chameleon can't add it even if SMkey is defined (wrong designed routine). In other words it patches only existing entries from original smbios (refer to source smbios.c).

Chameleon's smbios patcher needs rewriting almost afresh. To resolve your/our smbios problems, Chameleon's patcher should first create a new smbios structure folowing a specification (rev. 2.4) but in Apple's way instead of actual copying and patching only existig tables from original one. I can try to do it if I have more time, probably in future. Maybe some experienced C++ programmer can help.

What do you need to add/patch processor s/n for? Original Apple Mac's smbioses don't provide this value.

I prefer to use dmidecode (SMBIOS_Viewer) instead of bdmesg because it shows all smbios content properly. Bdmesg shows only values defined by Chameleon. As I said before if smbios (older rev.) doesn't contain some entry, Chameleon can't add it even if SMkey is defined (wrong designed routine). In other words it patches only existing entries from original smbios (refer to source smbios.c).

Chameleon's smbios patcher needs rewriting almost afresh. To resolve your/our smbios problems, Chameleon's patcher should first create a new smbios structure folowing a specification (rev. 2.4) but in Apple's way instead of actual copying and patching only existig tables from original one. I can try to do it if I have more time, probably in future. Maybe some experienced C++ programmer can help.

What do you need to add/patch processor s/n for? Original Apple Mac's smbioses don't provide this value.

As I said, when booting with clover, I get an extra line called processor tray serial number (it's value is the baseboard serial number value) in sysprofiler. With chameleon, I don't get that line there.

It would be awesome if chameleon would get a brand new smbios patching-injecting system similar that clover have. :) We could get our hackintoshes act more like real macs. I only started to learn C# in school so sadly I think I can't really help for you :/

As I said, when booting with clover, I get an extra line called processor tray serial number (it's value is the baseboard serial number value) in sysprofiler. With chameleon, I don't get that line there.

It would be awesome if chameleon would get a brand new smbios patching-injecting system similar that clover have. :) We could get our hackintoshes act more like real macs. I only started to learn C# in school so sadly I think I can't really help for you :/

You mix two different s/n. To clarify: processor s/n in Sys. Prof. is the base board s/n (smbios table type 2) in fact but processor s/n in bdmesg is the processor s/n itself (smbios table type 4). You don't get a line you're talking about using Chameleon because your orginal smbios doesn't provide base board s/n or base board type entry,

BTW, do you have a line: SMC version (processor) in SP?

You mix two different s/n. To clarify: processor s/n in Sys. Prof. is the base board s/n (smbios table type 2) in fact but processor s/n in bdmesg is the processor s/n itself (smbios table type 4). You don't get a line you're talking about using Chameleon because your orginal smbios doesn't provide base board s/n or base board type entry,

BTW, do you have a line: SMC version (processor) in SP?

I only have SMC version (System) in sysprofiler.

Ok, now that this has made it into Trunk, it's time to collect some info.

Here's a heads up for anyone who's as curious as I am; you can see all the new SMBIOS keys that can be injected here:

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/2285//trunk/i386/libsaio/smbios.c

Note that some have been renamed:

SMcputype > SMoemcputype

SMbusspeed > SMoemcpubusspeed

I know the following links have been posted before in this thread but questions about where to get this info will pop up again eventually..

Extremely useful topic w/ various dumps from real Macs, including smbios/DMI data is here:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=359

More over at Tea's blog, including an iMac13,1 smbios dump which I'll be examining very closely over the next hour or so: :yes:

http://tdev.me/2010/12/apple-hardware-dumps/

Here I come mofos.

Screen Shot 2013-12-28 at 16.24.02.png Screen Shot 2013-12-28 at 16.24.15.png

Hmmm.. new smbios.plist done...and no luck. I thought this was a Chameleon issue but apparently the same thing happens when trying to update iLife '11 on Macs.

I guess I passed the compatibility test. You know you're good when your Hackintosh has the same stupid bugs as the real thing.

Notes:

Download smbios reference specifications here: http://dmtf.org/standards/smbios

As usual, be careful with spelling - it's assettag, not ass-e-tag, this is not "Pin the tail on the Donkey". PinTheImac.png

(sorry about that, shoot me)

SMchassistype values (you can check your work with dmidecode v2.11b):

1 = "Other"

2 = "Unknown"

3 = "Desktop"

4 = "Low Profile Desktop"

5 = "Pizza Box" lol how old skool is that?

6 = "Minitower"

7 = "Tower"

8 = "Portable"

9 = "Laptop"

10 = "Notebook"

11 = "Hand Held"

12 = "Docking Station"

13 = "All In One" (this is used on the iMac13,1)

SMcpuupgrade set to 4 injects "ZIF Socket" - this matches iMac13,1

Bugs?

I can't get Chameleon to set "Not Specified" for SMcpuserial and SMcpupartnumber (to match iMac13,1) my DMI dump and bdmesg still show "To Be Filled By O.E.M."

I thought that might be because a numbers-only value is expected so I tried setting both to 0 but that didn't change anything. Neither does leaving the string blank.

"Not Specified" works fine for SMboardassettag, SMskunumber and SMchassisassettag.

The SMcpumanufacturer and SMcpuassettag overrides that I've set both work.

Either way, all the time I've spent on this today was in vain because the App Store still won't let me update iPhoto and iMovie. FaceTime and Messages were already working.

Screen Shot 2013-12-29 at 0.58.18.png

Two observations - Chamelon 2.2 svn r-2286:

bdmesg needs to be updated to also show "** PRIVATE **" on the chassis serial number, because it's the same as the system serial number.

There's something wrong with the memory detection... look at this funny "slot 7" (scroll down, it's at the end):

SPD[0] (size): 255 @0x50
SPD[0] (size): 146 @0x51
Slot: 1 Type 24 4096MB (DDR3 SDRAM) 1867MHz Vendor=G Skill Intl
      PartNo=F3-2400C10-4GTX SerialNo=00000000
SPD[0] (size): 255 @0x52
SPD[0] (size): 146 @0x53
Slot: 3 Type 24 4096MB (DDR3 SDRAM) 1867MHz Vendor=G Skill Intl
      PartNo=F3-2400C10-4GTX SerialNo=00000000
SPD[0] (size): 255 @0x54
SPD[0] (size): 255 @0x55
SPD[0] (size): 255 @0x56
SPD[0] (size): 80 @0x57
Slot: 7 Type 2 0MB (RAM) 800MHz Vendor=NoName
      PartNo=P8Z77-V-PRO SerialNo=00000000

My entire motherboard gets injected as a stick of 0MB RAM into a slot that it doesn't even have. :wacko: "Yo dawg, we put a motherboard in your motherboard so you can motherboard while you..."

Maybe that's why my PC locks up at the Chameleon boot GUI when selecting Memory Info.

Also.....a blast from the past

• Like 6

Just a heads up for anyone who's as curious as I am; you can see all the new SMBIOS strings that can be injected here:

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/2285//trunk/i386/libsaio/smbios.c

Note that some have been renamed:

SMcputype > SMoemcputype

SMbusspeed > SMoemcpubusspeed

Extremely useful topic w/ various dumps from real Macs, including smbios/DMI data is here:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=359

More over at Tea's blog, including an iMac13,1 smbios dump which I'll be examining very closely over the next hour or so: :yes:

http://tdev.me/2010/12/apple-hardware-dumps/

Thx GV

I update it y-day and really no time for provide documentation about the "news"..

ErmaC

I can't get Chameleon to set "Not Specified" for SMcpuserial and SMcpupartnumber (to match iMac13,1) my DMI dump and bdmesg still show "To Be Filled By O.E.M."

I thought that might be because a numbers-only value is expected so I tried setting both to 0 but that didn't change anything. Neither does leaving the string blank.

Try this one. For me it sets baseboard version and chassis asset tag to Not Specified. CPU serial and part nr are Not Specified by default, so can't test.

<key>SMboardversion</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>SMchassisassettag</key>
	<string></string>
  • Like 1

In last version second slot ram is not good. This info missing:

Produttore: N/A

Codice prodotto: N/A

Numero di serie: N/A

Did you try UseMemDetect=Yes in o.c.B.plist? Helped on machine with older smbios rev. wchich doesn't provide that info

• Like 1

Did you try UseMemDetect=Yes in o.c.B.plist? Helped on machine with older smbios rev. wchich doesn't provide that info

Doesn't work, i had already this parameter. But in previous version ram is good also without that. Strange.. i can try to insert value in smbios but i don't remember the parameters, now i go to search them.. btw thanks.

Thank you man, sorry for delay, my smbios is good, i mean it matched with your, instead i was searching tha parameters always for smbios but to insert some info ram stuff. They are those old parameters that we used a time many years ago when autodetection doesn't work good.. Now i try to search them..

i used these:

SMmemmanufacter_2 SMmempart_2 SMmemserial_2

but they don't work, mmm something is changed in last rev about ram.  Or also this references are changed, but seems not..  strange, i never had problem with ram detection..

I know that's what you meant, and if you follow the link like I told you, you will see them - starting at line 97. B)

sorry, i completely missed this Also.....a blast from the past 

EDIT:

There is something broken in writing not in reading, detection seems work good instead. From bdmesg:

Slot: 0 Type 24 8192MB (DDR3 SDRAM) 1333MHz Vendor=Elpida

PartNo=EBJ81UG8BAS0-DJ-F0 SerialNo=5A340818

SPD[0] (size): 0xff @0x51

SPD[0] (size): 0x92 @0x52

Slot: 2 Type 24 8192MB (DDR3 SDRAM) 1333MHz Vendor=Elpida

PartNo=EBJ81UG8BAS0-DJ-F0 SerialNo=5A3407C3

So the 2 slots are working good, but the writing of those parameters not ...

Hahahah..no... are you on drugs? That's source code from the first ever boot loader to boot OS X on a PC outside of the labs in Cupertino. It's 6 years old. Hence "blast from the past".

I said:

Follow the first link in my post up above to see all smbios.plist flags.

The first link, not the last!

It's manufacturer, not "manufacter"! Chameleon has used the correct spelling for years now.

The first link, not the last!

ahah sorry man. So like thought, those references are changed with newest. Tomorrow i ll try with one again. But initial problem remains. I never used this parameters for ram detection with previously versions, like from previous bdmesg reading ram info slot works but not writing them.

Go to sleep, good night..

Sorry i see also other in your previous post now after edit..

It's manufacturer, not "manufacter"! Chameleon has used the correct spelling for years now.

Yup, error is here not in smbios. Other old parameters don't work so it's no difference now..

I tried again now. Don't work. Parameters are there but not right info. So something is broken with ram detection about second slot.

Good night, really!

Edit: correct an info

ahah sorry man. So like thought, those references are changed with newest. Tomorrow i ll try with one again. But initial problem remains. I never used this parameters for ram detection with previously versions, like from previous bdmesg reading ram info slot works but not writing them.

Go to sleep, good night..

Sorry i see also other in your previous post now after edit..

Yup, error is here not in smbios. Other old parameters don't work so it's no difference now..

I tried again now. Don't work. Parameters are there but not right info. So something is broken with ram detection about second slot.

Good night, really!

Edit: correct an info

Do you mind providing your: .ioreg, bdmesg, o.c.B.plist and smbios.plist?

BTW. can you try this one?

• Like 1

BTW. can you try this one?

With this, info ram writing for second slot works.  Can you provide a patch for enoch/chamemeleon?

;)

EDIT: problem is ONLY in last Enoch version. I used this.

Now tried with last chameleon version and that problem is not there. So only Enoch has this.

Hi to all. Seems to have same problem described in last post here. On my Dell lappy i use last enoch version but ram inf are completely wrong and some of them are missing. It's first time with this problem using enoch.

Someone can help me?