Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

A little note. With this change, chameleon PrefPane do not read (and write) org.chameleon.Boot.plist in /E/E, but write the original c.a.B.p in /Library/Preferences/ecc ecc

thx fiox for the findings...

Maybe Azi can "correct/fix" it...

Fabio

thx fiox for the findings...

Maybe Azi can "correct/fix" it...

Fabio

yep, i'll try to fix it today :)

Thanks for the feedback, fiox89.

I've update from the r755 to r1150 but with kernel panic, why?

Maybe... you have renamed the file com.apple.Boot.plist in org.chameleon.Boot.plist ?

probably some flag needed for boot your machine aren't "read" w/o this change...

Fabio

No man, thank you for your work (and the work of all) :P

-----//-----

Chameleon Prefpane is updated (r313, r315). Things to keep in mind:

- the pane will not work properly if it doesn't find org.chameleon.Boot.plist

- i also changed the /Library/Preferences/com.chameleon.prefPane.plist to org.chameleon.prefPane.plist;

if you have any important config on it, just rename the file before installing the pane.

That's it, i think :) please feedback if any problem occurs.

p.s.: damn... already found some runaway com.Apple.boot.plist :D updating...

p.s.s.: done.

Edited by Azimutz

Remember to change the com.apple.Boot.plist in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

or just create a symlink (from Terminal ln -sf ....) org.chameleon.Boot.plist -> com.apple.Boot.plist

This way the Chameleon prefPane will keep working as expected too

Seems with the new Bootloader there is a Issue with Windows involving BCDedit and the BCD Store.

Just done a fresh install and both Charmeleon 877 RC5 and the lastest 1078 RC5 have the same issue where BCD store is not loading correctly and you can not edit with BCDedit which is a must for x64 bit Windows 7 to disable the Driver Enforcement.

If i load the second drive directly to windows it works if i load from charmeleon it will not and will give the following error :-

The boot configuration data store could not be opened.

The requested system device cannot be found.

Even with me using the bcdedit /store c:\boot\bcd which works if i disable driver enforcement and also enable Test Mode neither loads on the reboot like its ment to. anyone else have the same issue.

This can be produced via using two different Hard discs with 1 solely for Mac and the other for Windows 7 x64 bit.

So the question is anyone else having this issue as well other then me.

Yes. One solution is here, but needs testing:

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,2091.0.html

Chameleon Prefpane is updated (r313, r315). Things to keep in mind:

- the pane will not work properly if it doesn't find org.chameleon.Boot.plist

- i also changed the /Library/Preferences/com.chameleon.prefPane.plist to org.chameleon.prefPane.plist;

Works :)

Thanks man

Works :(

Great.. should work fine, was just a matter of replacing names. In fact, if the code is case sensitive,

there's a thing or two that might work better... might :P

Yes. One solution is here, but needs testing:

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,2091.0.html

Interesting... will give it a ride asap.

Ever since build 1000 or so I get information on the left hand side about the disk I have selected on my Chameleon theme. Any way to disable it?

from BootHelp.txt

GUI=No                  Disable the GUI (enabled by default).
 "Boot Banner"=Yes|No    Show boot banner in GUI mode (enabled by default).
 [b][color="#0000FF"]ShowInfo=No             Disables display of partition and resolution details.[/color][/b]
                           "Boot Banner"=No will also disable this info.
 "Legacy Logo"=Yes|No    Use the legacy grey apple logo (disabled by default).

:D

Fabio

Ever since build 1000 or so I get information on the left hand side about the disk I have selected on my Chameleon theme. Any way to disable it?

I'll probably disable that by default in a later future, when everyone is aware of it :(

The history about this stuff can be read in issue 12; i just made it available via booter option.

Hi ,

I have Lion on my first partition where I also have Cham on, my second partition is SL installed, when booting SL I got the boot information from lion partition.

How can it be solved so It reads from my SL partition when booting SL?

BR

Peter

Sorry for the offtop but what's the name of the app which updates Chameleon from SVN?

Chameleon Wizard... but Chameleon version is out of date until July 25th.

How can it be solved so It reads from my SL partition when booting SL?

Place an Extra folder on the SL partition with SL stuff. Is this not working?

Place an Extra folder on the SL partition with SL stuff. Is this not working?

Yes I have a Extra folder on both partition for Lion & Snow

Booting Snow it reads from Lion, I have different kernels for L & SL and cpus=1 for Lion, booting SL I got only one core ;-)

So its only reading from partition where Cham is installed on.

EDIT

When press F8 and typing in right name of the kernel , then it works, I have different kernel on both partition

//Peter

When press F8 and typing in right name of the kernel , then it works, I have different kernel on both partition

So, it's just the kernel that fails? If you have it named with anything else but "mach_kernel" (default name)

you need to to put the correct name on the org.chameleon.Boot.plist you have on SL's Extra, e.g.

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>blabla_kernel</string>

If you give it the default name, the booter will not fail. Custom kernel names should only be used for testing or to keep

a backup kernel; if you launch an app like e.g. VMWare, it will look for mach_kernel and it will crash if it doesn't find it.

Some guys use a symlink named mach_kernel that points to the blabla_kernel so they can keep the kernel with a custom

name... meh :thumbsup_anim:

So, it's just the kernel that fails? If you have it named with anything else but "mach_kernel" (default name)

you need to to put the correct name on the org.chameleon.Boot.plist you have on SL's Extra, e.g.

<key>Kernel</key>
 <string>blabla_kernel</string>

If you give it the default name, the booter will not fail. Custom kernel names should only be used for testing or to keep

a backup kernel; if you launch an app like e.g. VMWare, it will look for mach_kernel and it will crash if it doesn't find it.

Some guys use a symlink named mach_kernel that points to the blabla_kernel so they can keep the kernel with a custom

name... meh :thumbsup_anim:

Not true ;-) On lion I have add cpus=1 in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist, not on the SL partition,

So booting to SL I only get one core ,so it defiantly reading my lion partition when booting SL

So its not only the kernel i have issue with ;-)

//Peter

So its not only the kernel i have issue with ;-)

I did not stated, i asked if it was only the kernel ;)

I see... (Azi scratches the head...)... hum...

How about adding cpus=2 on SL's Boot.plist?? :(