Bootloader Chameleon

• Please log in to reply
4198 replies to this topic

Micky1979

Micky1979

I realized that I am lucky

• Retired
  • 4,864 posts

I'v updated my last post, look at the attached Extra folder. So if the problem is the kexts patcher (you have a modded kernel) also add SkipKextsPatcher=Yes to the org.chameleon.boot.plist

Tell me if the nvram show up

tikizondo94

tikizondo94

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Tech, Macs, Hacks, & Android

I'v updated my last post, look at the attached Extra folder. So if the problem is the kexts patcher (you have a modded kernel) also add SkipKextsPatcher=Yes to the org.chameleon.boot.plist

Tell me if the nvram show up

Tried the new Extra folder, cleared all caches, still a no go for the nvidia drivers

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Retired
  • 4,864 posts

Type this in terminal:

sudo nvram -p

and post the result

tikizondo94

tikizondo94

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Type this in terminal:

sudo nvram -p

and post the result

This is what i got

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Retired
  • 4,864 posts

I've removed the attachement (was containing your MLB/ROM). 

Now do this:

sudo nvram nvda_drv=1 

..and reboot

jsl

jsl

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Micky1979:

Thanks for this Enoch r2877 which has solved previous NvidiaWebDriver issue in 10.12.x.

However its KextsPatcher function seems not working for IONVMeFamily in my Z87 hackintosh.

Maybe I have some errors in my kexts.plist.

Could you take a look and help me fixing it ?

The boot log for Ench_2877,  Clover_4035 (IONVMeFamily working by Clover bootloader) and kexts.plist are attached below.

Attached Files

tikizondo94

tikizondo94

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Now do this:

sudo nvram nvda_drv=1 

..and reboot

That got it :) Took a few reboots but its sticking now! Awesome work! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. Many thanks..

Shaneee

Shaneee

< AMD OS X >

• Local Moderators
  • 2,074 posts

That got it :) Took a few reboots but its sticking now! Awesome work! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. Many thanks..

What exactly was done? Apparently my GT 430 now needs web drivers since Sierra. Cant get them to load though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Badruzeus

Badruzeus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:"What The Hack".

What exactly was done? Apparently my GT 430 now needs web drivers since Sierra. Cant get them to load though.

If what u mean is WindowServer crash on login screen, it' s just same problem with GT520M & 610 (GF119), but.. I got it to work after updated to 10.12.5 Beta 2 (16F54b).

Recently using Web Driver 378.05.05.05f01 also work with ton of bugs tough.. here's my post  :)  yeah, I know that GT 430 is based on GF108 which is different tech.

Shaneee

Shaneee

< AMD OS X >

• Local Moderators
  • 2,074 posts

If what u mean is WindowServer crash on login screen, it' s just same problem with GT520M & 610 (GF119), but.. I got it to work after updated to 10.12.5 Beta 2 (16F54b).

Recently using Web Driver 378.05.05.05f01 also work with ton of bugs tough.. here's my post  :)  yeah, I know that GT 430 is based on GF108 which is different tech.

It'll boot with nv_disable=1 and if I use Clover the web drivers load but it's all glitchy. This is a screenshot from the System Information, http://i.imgur.com/eMXewch.png

The desktop background also doesn't load. This is on 10.12.4. Not sure about 10.12.5 as I'm on an AMD CPU.

Badruzeus

Badruzeus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

It'll boot with nv_disable=1 and if I use Clover the web drivers load but it's all glitchy. This is a screenshot from the System Information, http://i.imgur.com/eMXewch.png

The desktop background also doesn't load. This is on 10.12.4. Not sure about 10.12.5 as I'm on an AMD CPU.

Hmmb... on my friend's Desktop PC with Intel Core 2 Duo, GT 430 also hang after login screen. On /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports it shown that WindowServer crashes CoreDisplay (seems solved after 10.12.5 Beta 2). He, then use 10.12.3's CoreDisplay binary located on /S/L/Frameworks to be used on 10.12.4.. and it works, w/o NightShift for sure, and non-native display reso caused system hang...  :lol: idk about AMD mach..

Attached Files

Shaneee

Shaneee

< AMD OS X >

• Local Moderators
  • 2,074 posts
Sorted. Enoch now booting with GE=Yes as it used to without web drivers. Seems Sierra doesn't like the DVI adapter but HDMI is working.

Ricky1994

Ricky1994

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Now do this:

sudo nvram nvda_drv=1 

..and reboot

hi micky .could u tell me how can i use webdriver in 10.12.4?i have an amd pc and i typed sudo nvram nvda_drv=1 the rebooted .it didnt work and i saw the nvda_drv=1 disappeared at NVRAM which means it wasnt saved at nvram . should i add the fileNVRAM moudule? thaks for your reply 

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts

Micky's gone...

http://www.insanelym...ello-everybody/

ellaosx

ellaosx

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Hello

There might be a typo regarding <key>CrsActiveConfig</key> in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Shouldn't it be CsrActiveConfig instead of CrsActiveConfig

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts

Indeed!

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 5,183 posts

Hello
There might be a typo regarding <key>CrsActiveConfig</key> in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
Shouldn't it be CsrActiveConfig instead of CrsActiveConfig

Fixed! -> http://forge.voodoop...ce/commit/2881/

THX!!

ErmaC

Badruzeus

Badruzeus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Well, for report only; Enoch rev.2883 boots my system successfully with macOS Sierra 10.12.6 Beta (16G8c) and OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G1602).  :yes:

IDK here's the right place or not, but I still get a not working PS2 TrackPad (ELAN: ACPI\VEN_ETD&DEV_0101) np for KB, both using EmlyDinesh's ApplePS2SmartTouchpad (and also Rehabman's VoodooPS2Controller). A little bit confusing me, since it works OOTB with Clover; also got no report about dependency problem while on verbose mode. So, I attached both ioreg(s) below and I appreciate ur helps. << Mach specs is exactly same on my signature.

Again, thanks for ur great progress @ErmaC & Others.  :)

Attached Files

AppleBytes

AppleBytes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:UNIX, and BSD programming (includes OS X). Been at it since the late 70's.

good.

Hi Chris. You confirm what I said: not bootloader related, plus  the "boot" file is not what we were talking about, that is the easy part and also Carbon Copy Cloner is able to backup it (since is only a file on the filesystem)..

so you have to re-write the partition boot sector and the mbr. That was the problem, and they cannot be transplanted on any other disk w/o destroy the existing partition map on the destination:

in fact you can use dd (see man dd), to make a clone of any disk (to restore the backup you have to destroy everythings..) but the disk will be bootable also.

and If you are able to boot into single user mode, why not log-in instead and reinstall it with the package installer that is more easy?

Sorry for the noise.

--Chris

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bootloader, Chameleon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy