Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

Hi Zarac,

could you try this boot file. It's a version 2210 with an added log. It must work and report "Found ATI card! Device ID: blablalba"

Could you report me this line ?

Thanks.

Jief

It does work and reports the text.

Found ATI card! Device ID: [1002:6759] Subsystem ID: [31951682]
Framebuffer @0xE0000000 MMIO @0xF5000000 I/O Port @0x0000A000 Rom Addr @0x00000000

Hi Zarac,

sorry I didn't see your answer until today. I thought I'd have an email from InsanelyMac when you answered.

The log wasn't enough. I was too in hurry 3 days ago.

Could you try that and report me the log.

Thanks for helping.

Jief

OK, here's the log from the latest boot you sent:

Found ATI card! Device ID: [1002:6759] Subsystem ID: [31951682] - Radeon [6759:00000000] AMD Radeon HD 6570/7570 Series
Framebuffer @0xE0000000 MMIO @0xF5000000 I/O Port @0x0000A000 Rom Addr @0x00000000

a few lines below there's also:

ATI Turks AMD Radeon HD 6570/7570 Series 1024 MB (Gibba) [1002:6759] (subsys [1682:3195]):: PciRoot (0x1) / Pci (0x1,0x0) / Pci (0x0,0x0)

And thank YOU for helping - I'm just switching files here :)

Zarac

Got the bug.

Here is a 2242 patched. Should work like before.

Can you try ?

Thanks.

Jief

It works just like it used to work until r2215.

How long does it take for this to hit the trunk?

Thank you very much for your time and effort.

Zarac

It works just like it used to work until r2215.

How long does it take for this to hit the trunk?

Thank you very much for your time and effort.

Zarac

Just updated my Chameleon and hit the same situation (won't recognize my 4850, giving me a phantom VGA display), been wondering and trying all kinds of fixes until I checked this thread... Rolled back to an earlier version and now it's all good. I'll wait for the fix to land on trunk. Thanks for you guys!

Hi,

Zarac, thanks for your test. Now I'll ask for your card to be added in the list so you won't have to use

AtiConfig=Gibba anymore.

quis, if you want to try 2242, take it from here, last boot.zip I posted. But it shouldn't be long to be committed.

Cheers,

Jief

Now I'll ask for your card to be added in the list so you won't have to use

AtiConfig=Gibba anymore.

Thanks, but I'm sure there are other ATI6570 cards with different outputs (VGA, miniDP) that share the same device ID as mine and Gibba doesn't work for them (Pithecia does for most).

Could this create problems for users with those cards?

Bit thx Jief!

Last test to be sure about the issue was funded before I do the commit into the main trunk.

Pls report back.

ErmaC

Working great here!

Thanks

Zarac

• Like 1

My laptop is an UEFI based motherboard. It omnly supports Chameleon based bootloaders on MBR parititons, I was wondering if it was possible to install it on GPT partition.

My main issue is that my laptop does not detect Chameleon on GPT partitions (as a proper boot drive; it does not show up on my bootable drive list).

I know that Enoch can inject platform IDs, but can it also can inject connector strngs for Intel HD 4000. I want to try to get VGA working via string injection.

Enoch is other things for HD4000 so pls redirect you question here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288241-intel-hd4000-inject-aaplig-platform-id/

Also pls pls pls add your hardware in signature.

Cordially

ErmaC

• Like 1

My laptop is an UEFI based motherboard. It omnly supports Chameleon based bootloaders on MBR parititons, I was wondering if it was possible to install it on GPT partition.

My main issue is that my laptop does not detect Chameleon on GPT partitions (as a proper boot drive; it does not show up on my bootable drive list).

That sounds more like a BIOS issue and has nothing to do with Chameleon. Chances are if you boot with a USB installer into the install it will boot.

Chameleon supports both GPT and MBR and if you do not think it does you are misguided or miss informed. myHack includes the patch to install onto a MBR but installing on MBR has issues with creating a recovery partition.

• Like 2

That sounds more like a BIOS issue and has nothing to do with Chameleon. Chances are if you boot with a USB installer into the install it will boot.

Chameleon supports both GPT and MBR and if you do not think it does you are misguided or miss informed. myHack includes the patch to install onto a MBR but installing on MBR has issues with creating a recovery partition.

I see... There are two options in my BIOS that are not present but I think are effecting it ...

"Launch CSM" and "Enable Secure Boot" (related to Win8 secure boot), newer versions of my laptop have these options but my laptop doesn't.

I see... There are two options in my BIOS that are not present but I think are effecting it ...

"Launch CSM" and "Enable Secure Boot" (related to Win8 secure boot), newer versions of my laptop have these options but my laptop doesn't.

That is UEFI. CSM must be enabled to use

Chameleon

That is UEFI. CSM must be enabled to use

Chameleon

Guess like I confirmed my issue. However, I've tried to get the options ot appear by updating the BIOS to latest revisions, but it seems they are locked down.

Do you have any idea, how I may unlock it?

Enoch is other things for HD4000 so pls redirect you question here: http://www.insanelym...ig-platform-id/

Also pls pls pls add your hardware in signature.

Cordially

ErmaC

Hi, ErmaC. Could you simply explain the function of several new modules to me ?

ACPICodec.dylib HDAEnabler.dylib KernelPatcher.dylib Keylayout.dylib Sata.dylib

Hi, ErmaC. Could you simply explain the function of several new modules to me ?

ACPICodec.dylib HDAEnabler.dylib KernelPatcher.dylib Keylayout.dylib Sata.dylib

FileNVRAM.dylib = FileNVRAM module for preloading NVRAM values

ACPICodec.dylib = This module provides a remplacement for the internal acpi

HDAEnabler.dylib = This module provides a remplacement for the DSDT edits like HDEF/HDAU

KernelPatcher.dylib = the name say it

Keylayout.dylib = This module provides keylayout functionality

Sata.dylib = This module help Sata devices to be recognized as internal

Chameleon 2.1 r2003 was the last that worked for me.

The newest versions I got lot of errors and asserts like the picture attached...

I never thought ... I think I was too lazy to look better ... Simple solution... UseKernelCache=NO

Now I got Chameleon 2.2 re2243 working 100% !

I never thought ... I think I was too lazy to look better ... Simple solution... UseKernelCache=NO

Now I got Chameleon 2.2 re2243 working 100% !

Ok... but now, I discovered, that if I use "UseKernelCache=NO", my USB sound device keeps failing until unplug and plug it again.

Anyone knows how to solve it?