Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

@scrax

I test your last build and works too :)

Now we need to "test" all single option...

better if we move this discussion on the official trend? http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,1521.0.html

Fabio

LOL now this topic will gone... obsolete. :o

but we can take advantage to put all the file in the official build. ;)

• Like 1

@scrax

I test your last build and works too ;)

Now we need to "test" all single option...

better if we move this discussion on the official trend? http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,1521.0.html

Fabio

LOL now this topic will gone... obsolete. :o

but we can take advantage to put all the file in the official build. :rolleyes:

I've posted tho updated folder with your language and new options

I'm adding the apple license , prefpanel, and also fakeSMC in the kext folder and the TotallyLegacy by smith@@

boot0 boots the active partition boot0hfs boots the first hfs partition, so you can windows and OSx on the same hard drive.

Thanks clearing the difference. I never used boothfs but it maybe easier because the part active flag downst matter (for my understanding of boothfs).

So i am right that boothfs works on both , GUID(EFI) and MBR partition Type and active partition flag (MBR) doesnt matter, boots always first HFS partition even if its not flagged active?

Also in the newest build, i cant see any boot0 / boothfs selection anymore.

What is used- boot0 or boothfs (i have only MBR part types).

Bildschirmfoto_2010_09_13_um_10.15.27.jpg

INFO:

In the main info installer window the is only talked about boot0 and not boothfs.

I would recommend to add the often used kernel flag arch=i386 to the boothelp.txt (shown with help). Some users used very old version of chameleon with that old flag -x32 (i dont remember it excat) may run in trouble if they need 32 Bit and use wrong(old) 32 Bit kernel flag.

Dear iFabio thanks for all your work! For those of us that only want the Chameleon Preference Pane, can you possibly direct us to the proper location/package etc?

Please, before you kill this thread, let us know by posting the new thread that you will open!

Many thanks! Grazie!

Dear iFabio thanks for all your work! For those of us that only want the Chameleon Preference Pane, can you possibly direct us to the proper location/package etc?

Please, before you kill this thread, let us know by posting the new thread that you will open!

Many thanks! Grazie!

Hi

You refeard to the link project?

For now this trend still open because the official package need a deep test for all his function.

@MacKonsti maybe a greek translation?

Fabio

iFabio, if you need translation for other files for example menu, just let me know via PM. I'll be happy to help.

Hello everyone.

I wanted to specify one thing:

With the program that actually I use...(packagemaker), I can not locate the various possible descriptions of the menu in the installer.

And since the developments of yesterday evening, where scrax managed to run the official installer, I intend to not use an alternative program, continue to use packagemacker until the official installer will not be completely repaired.

Your help is precious!

For every language presently, the official installer needs localizable.strings files, so you can translate that file into their respective languages, will be used in the official package.

Fabio

Hello, and thanx a lot for the great work !

It works great, i'd have though a question about loading .rom-s ;)

I'm using latest version r518, booting from EFI-partition,

though i cannot make the bootloader load my Nvidia bios rom, in any way.

I have a Gigabyte GTX285-card, which generally works fine with an EFI-string+official Nvidia drivers.

I've thoroughly read the boothelp posted on the first page,

and used any possible combination, but i think the bios rom doesn't get loaded at all

- placed NVIDIA.ROM on the root of EFI; renamed it to 10de_05e3.rom and placed it on EFI

- placed NVIDIA.ROM on the /EFI/Extra/; renamed it to 10de_05e3.rom and placed it on /EFI/Extra

- placed 10de_0523.rom on /; placed 10de_0523.rom on /Snow Volume/Extra

The keys in my /EFI/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist have always been :

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseNvidiaRom</key>

<string>Yes</string>

I tried adding the "VBIOS"-key later too, but it didn't make any change whatsoever.

Wherever i place the bios rom, and whatever its name is (either NVIDIA.ROM, or VenID_DevID.rom),

the system boots fine, and the graphics/resolution modes are correct, but System Profiler

always shows "ROM Revision: 0x00".

So i do wonder, does the bios rom really get loaded at all ?!

And, what is the proper way of loading a video bios-rom, what am i missing ?

Any hints or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance !

Greetings

First of all Thanks a lot for this topic.

I have no big problems but since de rev494 my System Clock gets desynchronized at every boot !

I would also confirm that my videorom is better recognized because after the boot image I get directly my desktop without intermediate blue screens !

It has probably nothing to do with this bootloader but on my MOBO (EX58-UD5-F13j) i have à freez for 7 minutes with FakeSMC rev 394 and > Plugins ( everything without NV and superio (replaced with SMCITEcontroler.kext in plugins) put in S/L/E

Thanks for any thoughts

:(

@ @ROBASEFR : Use Localtime-toggle.pkg, it should fix the time sync issues between the various OS-es ;)

@ CalaverX11 : Yep, that's pretty normal and used, the EFI-installation method.

I'm not sure, if the latest revisions' installer is capable of selecting/installing on the EFI-part.,

but in case it could not, here's what you can do :

- open the chameleon package with Pacifist

- look after the contents of "core.pkg", and extract the 3 files - boot0, boot1h and boot

- fire up a terminal

- cd /to/where/you extracted/the 3 files

- fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdiskX, where "X" is the number of the drive you have your Mac on,

e.g. /dev/rdisk0 if it is on the first hard drive/primary master in your system

- dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsX, where "X" is the drive & partition location number of your EFI, e.g. /dev/rdisk0s1

- mkdir /Volumes/EFI && mount_hfs /dev/diskXsX /Volumes/EFI - make a mount point and mount your EFI-part., usually /dev/disk0s1

- cp boot /Volumes/EFI/

- umount -f /Volumes/EFI

- reboot

Hope this would help you out, cheers.

Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere. Chameleon RC4 has been the last one to work on my box, an Acer Travelmate 5720. Now when I install RC5 and reboot, it detects the memory and just hangs there forever. I have nothing special in my DSDT (aside from HPET/RTC fixes).

my boot.plist is this

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1024x768x32</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>

Has anyone else encountered this before?

TIA

What happened to being able to install Chameleon on the 200MB EFI partition? Or am I just stupid?

You can try this and report back if it's working(updated in next post)

Added almost all boot options

post-464373-1284513613_thumb.png

NOTE: Only italian is fully translated

@ @ROBASEFR : Use Localtime-toggle.pkg, it should fix the time sync issues between the various OS-es ;)

@ CalaverX11 : Yep, that's pretty normal and used, the EFI-installation method.

I'm not sure, if the latest revisions' installer is capable of selecting/installing on the EFI-part.,

but in case it could not, here's what you can do :

- open the chameleon package with Pacifist

- look after the contents of "core.pkg", and extract the 3 files - boot0, boot1h and boot

- fire up a terminal

- cd /to/where/you extracted/the 3 files

- fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdiskX, where "X" is the number of the drive you have your Mac on,

e.g. /dev/rdisk0 if it is on the first hard drive/primary master in your system

- dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsX, where "X" is the drive & partition location number of your EFI, e.g. /dev/rdisk0s1

- mkdir /Volumes/EFI && mount_hfs /dev/diskXsX /Volumes/EFI - make a mount point and mount your EFI-part., usually /dev/disk0s1

- cp boot /Volumes/EFI/

- umount -f /Volumes/EFI

- reboot

Hope this would help you out, cheers.

EFI is a fat32 volume, isn't it?

Speaking of EFI partitions, maybe it's worth to include the EFI Mounter script in the utilities together with bdmesg? Or even add this function to the PrefPanel?

Here it is. With new Configuration choices:

REMOVED

zip.gifChameleon_2.0_RC5_r530.pkg.zip ( 2.42MB ) Number of downloads: 107

Note: bdmesg was already in the previous installer (/usr/sbin/bdmesg) :)

EDIT: Added also arch=i386 options

EDIT2: link to new installer with full english and italian translation

What does this package?

(Default) Install the executables bdmesg and fdisk440 in /usr/sbin/

(Option Select by default) Install the chameleon bootloader on root (boot0, boot1h and boot).

(Option Unselect by default) Install the chameleon bootloader on root (boot0hfs, boot1h and boot).

(Option Unselect by default) Install the chameleon bootloader on EFI FAT (boot0, boot1f32 and boot).

(Option Unselect by default) Install the chameleon bootloader on EFI HFS (boot0, boot1h and boot).

(Option Unselect by default) Creates / adds the standard theme folder with the new standard themes

(Option Unselect by default) Some "standard" or useful kext added

(Option Unselect by default) Copies Chameleon Preference Panel Version 2 in /Extra/Configuration

(Option Unselect by default) Copies an example smbios.plist in /Extra/Configuration

(Option Unselect by default) Almost full options choices to setup com.apple.Boot.plist

smbios.plist, DSDT.aml or any SSDT Tables present inside /Extra Extra/Extensions or /Extra/Themes will not be touched (excluded /Extra/Theme/default folder).

The installer crashes when trying to install. Only makes it past the first screen.
I've managed to pass more screens, but still:

screenshot20100915at150.png

Please KP Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r518 ....

Judging by this picture, it looks like you have {censored}loads of other problems that have nothing to do with Chameleon.

About the vbios-rom loading issue...i think i managed to solve it somehow :)

Here's what i did :

0. Downloaded latest svn-trunk version, compiled it and installed it to /EFI

1. Booted into Win 7 (God, i hate it so much when forced to )

2. Downloaded the Gigabyte GVFLASH-utility (@BIOS was the name, i think)

3. Saved the current (original) BIOS file of my GV-N285UD-1GH

4. Booted back into 10.6.4 and renamed the saved bios file to 10de_05e3.rom

5. Placed the rom-file in /EFI/Extra/

6. Added the following keys to my /EFI/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist :

<string>Yes</string>
	  <key>UseNvidiaROM</key>
	  <string>Yes</string>				
	  <key>VBIOS</key>
	  <string>Yes</string>

7. Result - finally, System Profiler says "ROM Revision: /Extra/10de_05e3.rom" ;)

Don't ask me, how this works - i tried any possible method so far, and couldn't get passed

either "ROM Revision: 0x00" or "xxx.xxx.xxx.-internal". I used all current trunk versions of Chameleon

prior to this one - r530, and with them i couldn't manage to solve this "issue" ;)

Well, now it loads not only my own original rom-file, but also mkvtech-later versions,

which wasn't possible before ^^

Now that i am also trying to make myself an updated Chameleon Boot-CD (Retail DVD-Loader),

i can't get why this very same method doesn't work with it, but only on an installed 10.6.4 :blink:

The verbose boot says as always "NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered", but ends up in a black screen

with blinking monitor LED...

Anyone has any idea or solution, why this doesn't work for a Chameleon Boot-CD ?!

This question might be lame but - Is there really a full/native resolution with QE/CI at all,

during Mac OS X installation - after having loaded it from Chameleon CD ?

Does this really exist, i have never seen it/never had anything other than a generic 1024x768 during install...

Thank you devs, for your continuous efforts, will and time, keep up this great work !