Bootloader Chameleon

• Please log in to reply
2466 replies to this topic

meklort

meklort

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 136 posts
I wasn't planning on converting any existing code in chameleons trunk to modules (at least, if I do, it won't be much). The graphics enabler module in my branch is currently compatible with trunk, so I don't see any reason that you can't compile it and use it with trunk to get the old versions functionality.

rednous

rednous

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:graphic design, mac, progressive and house
meklort, Kabyl, Andy, AnVal, Slice, and all others working on the Chameleon code, guys i love what you're doing and appreciate your time spent on developing and extending the Chameleon! Great job, as always :thumbsup_anim:

Just one recommendation: Please, Please, update the BootHelp.txt with the latest boot options related to the modules :) I know the programmers don't like to document their code :P as the designers hate to explain their works :D

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,121 posts

Please, Please, update the BootHelp.txt with the latest boot options related to the modules

+1

In the meantime, almost all the boot flags and configuration settings can be found in here:
http://forge.voodoop...86/boot2/boot.h

Here for the module system, didn't check to see if there's more stuff in there:
http://forge.voodoop...86/boot2/boot.h

meklort

meklort

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 136 posts

Just one recommendation: Please, Please, update the BootHelp.txt with the latest boot options related to the modules :) I know the programmers don't like to document their code :P as the designers hate to explain their works :(

There are no boot flags as far as the module system goes.

I do, however, need to add some more documentation on how to use it / how to create modules. (EDIT: I've added an initial version of a document to svn. Let me know if you have any questions)

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,695 posts
Added binaries from Trunk 807

@ Chameleon developer
compile warning

../../libsaio/saio_types.h:95: warning: ‘packed’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘struct drive_params’
../../libsaio/saio_types.h:112: warning: ‘packed’ attribute ignored for field of type ‘struct drive_dpte’

Fabio

rednous

rednous

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:graphic design, mac, progressive and house
Gringo Vermelho & meklort thank you guys :wacko: will check them later

@meklort, sure i'll have questions and will ask here. Thank you. I'm keen on newer Chameleon versions and would like to have it working on my system.

MacFanatic76

MacFanatic76

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Trunk 812 - Memory info is not shown under "System Profiler",
but "There was an error while gathering this information."

"About this Mac" shows the correct sum though - 8 GB 1066 MHz DDR3

Just to feedback :wacko:

Carstiman

Carstiman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
is there a chance to get some Nvidia Cards working ?
GTS 450 is listet but i´ve got allways patching error 555555 or:

nVidia GeForce GTS 450 1024MB NVc3 [10de:0dc4] :: PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
Bad Display Configuration Block signature (UPUQUU?)
ERROR: nVidia ROM Patching Failed!

or could i fix it with a new rom ?

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Interests:At the moment, OSx86.. In general, music, audiophile, computers.. to much to mention...

The graphics enabler module in my branch is currently compatible with trunk, so I don't see any reason that you can't compile it and use it with trunk to get the old versions functionality.

Done :P check my branch, Cleancut folder. Still work in progress but at least GraphicsEnablerLegacy works for me; need testers for the other.

I wasn't planning on converting any existing code in chameleons trunk to modules (at least, if I do, it won't be much).

yeah, i know; you've done plenty already!! Will help in what can.
Need to feedback to you about your branch & modules; will pm you later or catch you on irc

-----//-----

Ok crowd Posted Image testers are need for GraphicsEnabler module (new ATI code); i don't have card to test it...
See #657.

Edited by Azimutz, 21 May 2011 - 04:53 PM.

notshy

notshy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Ok crowd :P testers are need for GraphicsEnabler module (new ATI code); i don't have card to test it.

Unpack attached archive; grab the needed module and place under /Extra/modules folder; update "boot" file (mandatory);
update boot0/boot0hfs and boot1 if older than r753 (recommended) and feedback here or here.
These files are just for test purposes; i will remove them later so please don't link them directly!!
Link the post if you want to spread the word.

What boot file is that ? I take it is for non-Sandy Bridge builds ? Once we've installed the module, will it activate itself automatically ? Do we still need GE=Yes in boot.plist ? What about AtiConfig definitions ? Mines in ATI.c already so should autoload but I don't quite understand the Chameleon module system as I've not used one before. I can go do some reading if need be !

bubbaganoush

bubbaganoush

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
The legacy GraphicsEnabler works on my x1900.

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Interests:At the moment, OSx86.. In general, music, audiophile, computers.. to much to mention...

The legacy GraphicsEnabler works on my x1900.

As expected ;) thanks mate.

What boot file is that ? I take it is for non-Sandy Bridge builds ? Once we've installed the module, will it activate itself automatically ? Do we still need GE=Yes in boot.plist ? What about AtiConfig definitions ? Mines in ATI.c already so should autoload but I don't quite understand the Chameleon module system as I've not used one before. I can go do some reading if need be !

This is the trunk r811, no modifications except for the GraphicsEnabler code converted to a module. Yes, you need GraphicsEnabler=y for now.
Source is in on my branch, as i posted. About modules read previous posts.

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
Wow, i'm overwhelmed by the interest and feedback... nice :(

r0ck3r4ever

r0ck3r4ever

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Wow, i'm overwhelmed by the interest and feedback... nice :(

I will post tomorrow my result with radeon hd 4870. I want to ask you. Is it possible to add to the modules ATIResolution?

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

I will post tomorrow my result with radeon hd 4870. I want to ask you. Is it possible to add to the modules ATIResolution?

Ok, thanks. I just need to know if it works; since i can't test it, i don't know if i missed something; i don't think so but...

About ATIResolution (AutoResolution), i tried to convert it to a module a while ago but failed :( will try again asap.
Anyway, i use it integrated in the booter so, it's no big deal. I have a patch on my Mediafire (follow the Chameleon link on my sig)
to apply against the trunk but needs to be updated to current rev. Will do it soon.

r0ck3r4ever

r0ck3r4ever

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Ok, I did the test. In Os X Lion GraphicsEnabler works grate but when I try to boot Snow Leopard I get:

[codebox]Memory allocation error: Addr=0xdeadbeef, Size=0x0, File=ati.c, Line=1224
This is a non recoverable error: System HALTED!!![/codebox]

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
Ok, malloc error; try the attachment.

-----//-----

Testers are need for GraphicsEnabler module (new ATI code); i don't have card to test it.

For those with "legacy" cards (e.g. 1000 series), there's GraphicsEnablerLegacy which is based on the old code (pre r785).
This one also has support for some GMA graphics, basically the same present on Meklort's branch (NBI booter).

Unpack attached archive; grab the needed module and place under /Extra/modules folder; update "boot" file (mandatory);
update boot0/boot0hfs if older than r753 (recommended), test and feedback.

-----//-----

iReset, sorry for spamming your topic with this stuff, mate :P i'll relocate asap. Thanks...

-----//-----

EDIT: test booter/modules removed; development is going on and can be followed at my branch on trunkGraphicsEnablerModules folder.

Thanks.

Edited by Azimutz, 29 June 2011 - 10:59 AM.

MacFanatic76

MacFanatic76

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Why is memory info not displayed under "System Profiler" anymore ?

I first noticed it under trunk 812, now same under trunk 820 too,
"There was an error while gathering this information." is the only thing shown.

Mem detection / display used to work fine from its implementation until the first 8*-trunks.

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,695 posts

iReset, sorry for spamming your topic with this stuff, mate ;) i'll relocate asap. Thanks...

No problem Azimutz!

If you need space into the post#1... just ask :angel:

Fabio

r0ck3r4ever

r0ck3r4ever

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Ok, malloc error; try the attachment.

-----//-----

Testers are need for GraphicsEnabler module (new ATI code); i don't have card to test it.

For those with "legacy" cards (e.g. 1000 series), there's GraphicsEnablerLegacy which is based on the old code (pre r785).
This one also has support for some GMA graphics, basically the same present on Meklort's branch (NBI booter).

update boot0/boot0hfs if older than r753 (recommended), test and feedback.

-----//-----

iReset, sorry for spamming your topic with this stuff, mate :D i'll relocate asap. Thanks...

No luck, the problem is still there.

Also it gives CST error... My CPU runs hot. This is happening since I updated to the latest build.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy