Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

Azimutz & meklort, thank you for your fast intervention :D

Thanks ;) Mek immediately fixed the bug (r913). Did you test it?

About the Resolution module; is your mobo the one on your signature?

If so, resolution should work for you... Do you have the native resolution on Chameleon Gui?

-----//-----

Kirazir, those translations are a mess :P i'm not sure if those problems are related to the booter?!

The only thing i can do is check booting with -x...

Thanks :) Mek immediately fixed the bug (r913). Did you test it?

About the Resolution module; is your mobo the one on your signature?

If so, resolution should work for you... Do you have the native resolution on Chameleon Gui?

Yes, it's fine, rev. 913 works for me :D

About the Resolution module -- yes, my mobo is the same as in the signature ;) It's weird that with or without this module i have the specified in com.apple.boot.plist resolution (1920 x 1200) :)

Yes, it's fine, rev. 913 works for me :D

About the Resolution module -- yes, my mobo is the same as in the signature ;) It's weird that with or without this module i have the specified in com.apple.boot.plist resolution (1920 x 1200) :)

Good to know :)

Well, if you check the readme.txt on the module code, you'll get what i tried to explain on it's functionality.

I use the AutoResolution (AR) patch, which for me was the "icing on top of the cake", since i can't get native res

on Chameleon Gui without it. AR is based on the same code; it interacts with the Gui code, reading the res from

EDID and setting it, and it does patch the VBIOS with missing res table, which allow to have native res after boot

even without a working framebuffer. Pity that it only works with 800/900 Intel chipsets.

Meklort will probably get it's hand on the Resolution module when he get's time.

Hey Azimutz, it would be cool to add autoresolution to the modules.

Do you want me to do some more testing?

Talking about Resolution... r0ck3r4ever, sorry mate.. i missed this post.

I don't know when i will have time to try again porting the code to a module; most probably

what i will do for now, is update the patch for the trunk and put it in a folder on my branch.

Send me a pm from time to time, so i don't forget :) very busy with other stuff atm...

Thanks.

Kirazir, those translations are a mess :D i'm not sure if those problems are related to the booter?!

The only thing i can do is check booting with -x...

Previously, everything worked, there are plenty of moments that have not improved, but worsened the boot, because you do not have a clear plan for its development, as the left leg wants, and doing.

Thank you. :)

Good to know :P

Well, if you check the readme.txt on the module code, you'll get what i tried to explain on it's functionality.

I use the AutoResolution (AR) patch, which for me was the "icing on top of the cake", since i can't get native res

on Chameleon Gui without it. AR is base on the same code; it interacts with the Gui code, reading the res from

EDID and setting it, and it does patch the VBIOS with missing res table, which allow to have native res after boot

even without a working framebuffer. Pity that it only works with 800/900 Intel chipsets.

Meklort will probably get it's hand on the Resolution module when he get's time.

I see ;), thank you so much. You're kind & helpful guy, Azimutz. Cheers :beers:

Ok Azimutz, I will bug you from time to time. I will do it myself if I would know how, I am a php guy and I have some experience doing programming. Maybe if you could give me some guidelines on how to do it I might pull it off.

Previously, everything worked, there are plenty of moments that have not improved, but worsened the boot, because you do not have a clear plan for its development, as the left leg wants, and doing.

Thank you. :)

Can you explain what stopped working for you?

I'll take a look at the boot arguments/options; i know they have bugs, but i don't know if there are new ones...

About a "clear development plan", time (for the hobby) and time zones are our greatest enemies, specially the first.

I see smile.gif, thank you so much. You're kind & helpful guy, Azimutz. Cheers :beers:

Thanks for the kind words, Rednous :thumbsdown_anim:

Ok Azimutz, I will bug you from time to time. I will do it myself if I would know how, I am a php guy and I have some experience doing programming. Maybe if you could give me some guidelines on how to do it I might pull it off.

Well, i'm also not an experienced programmer; all i know about C, i've been learning by my self in the free time i have and mostly

on the past 6 months. I have no professional background or studies on any computer area, it's just my curiosity at work;

that's why i say you guys shouldn't consider me as a developer.. at least not in the full meaning of the word.

So you see, it's a bit hard for me to give guide lines to anyone on coding :P

Can you explain what stopped working for you?

I'll take a look at the boot arguments/options; i know they have bugs, but i don't know if there are new ones...

About a "clear development plan", time (for the hobby) and time zones are our greatest enemies, specially the first.

Thanks for the kind words, Rednous :thumbsdown_anim:

Well, i'm also not an experienced programmer; all i know about C, i've been learning by my self in the free time i have and mostly

on the past 6 months. I have no professional background or studies on any computer area, it's just my curiosity at work;

that's why i say you guys shouldn't consider me as a developer.. at least not in the full meaning of the word.

So you see, it's a bit hard for me to give guide lines to anyone on coding :)

What I meant to say is that I would do the diff file by myself if I would know how to do it (step by step). You already done it and that might speed up the things for me.

Tell me if I am wrong. First I should try to integrate ATIResolution in the source and then pull the diff file from the source using the "diff" program. Right?

What I meant to say is that I would do the diff file by myself if I would know how to do it (step by step). You already done it and that might speed up the things for me.

Tell me if I am wrong. First I should try to integrate ATIResolution in the source and then pull the diff file from the source using the "diff" program. Right?

Hi r0ck3r4ever.. sorry for the delay; very busy with life...

Yep, that's a way... create a work folder (e.g. AR); check out the trunk into the work folder; duplicate it with another name (e.g. trunk_AR); integrate the AutoResolution code into trunk_AR folder; change dir to AR folder and create the diff between trunk and trunk_AR folders:

diff -Naur --exclude=.svn --exclude=.DS_Store --exclude=obj --exclude=sym --exclude=build --exclude=*.mode* --exclude=*.pbxuser --exclude=project.xcworkspace --exclude=xcuserdata --exclude=.config* /Volumes/Home/Azi/Desktop/AR/trunk /Volumes/Home/Azi/Desktop/AR/trunk_AR > trunk_autoresolution_r944.diff

or

diff -Naur -x .svn -x .DS_Store -x obj -x sym -x build -x *.mode* -x *.pbxuser -x project.xcworkspace -x xcuserdata -x .config* /Volumes/Home/Azi/Desktop/AR/trunk /Volumes/Home/Azi/Desktop/AR/trunk_AR > trunk_autoresolution_r944.diff

same stuff. The diff will be on the work folder, but it's not good to pass to anyone since it will end up with folder paths like this:

diff -Naur -x .svn -x .DS_Store -x obj -x sym -x build -x '*.mode*' -x '*.pbxuser' -x project.xcworkspace -x xcuserdata -x '.config*' /Volumes/Home/Azi/Desktop/AR/Trunk/Chameleon.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj /Volumes/Home/Azi/Desktop/AR/trunkAutoResolution/Chameleon.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj
	--- /Volumes/Home/Azi/Desktop/AR/trunk/Chameleon.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj	2011-06-03 10:56:41.000000000 +0100
	+++ /Volumes/Home/Azi/Desktop/AR/trunk_AR/Chameleon.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj	2011-06-03 10:34:54.000000000 +0100

this will obviously cause the patch to fail; i don't know if there's another way to circumvent this??... what i do is simply replace "/Volumes/Home/Azi/Desktop/AR/" by white space using Find function on the text editor, to get this:

diff -Naur -x .svn -x .DS_Store -x obj -x sym -x build -x '*.mode*' -x '*.pbxuser' -x project.xcworkspace -x xcuserdata -x '.config*' trunk/Chameleon.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj trunk_AR/Chameleon.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj
	--- trunk/Chameleon.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj	2011-06-03 10:56:41.000000000 +0100
	+++ trunk_AR/Chameleon.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj	2011-06-03 10:34:54.000000000 +0100

You can also do like i just did; with the diff that was on my Mediafire, checkout the matching rev of the trunk (in this case r699 or close; there were very few commits around this time), apply the patch, update the folder to the latest rev and resolve any conflicted files :thumbsup_anim:

Follow the Chameleon link on my sig for the updated diff or checkout trunkAutoResolution from my branch.

Needs some more work but it's working, at least for ATI; i bought a nVidia GT 220 and was unable to get to the boot prompt due to a memory allocation error on gui.c; will check that later... still using the ATI card to finish some stuff.

See ya later....

Edited by Azimutz

OK ppl...

Don't know why - but one of the admins deleted my post about my i7 720QM problem, WHICH NOW I"M 100% SURE IT"S BECAUSE OF CHAMELEON RC 5 .

Let me please add some more info:

I have install 10.6.7 with CH v2 RC5 rev 921/750/older and every one of them causing my CPU to NOT get load with the correct CPU parameters as shown in CPU-X ( WRONG buspeed and WRONG multiplier ).

it does NOT matter if i boot with specific switches and specific values of "cpus","fsb","busratio" in boot.plist or using the auto detection of Chameleon.

BUT, When I boot using Chameleon v2 RC4 taken from here - THE CPU VALUES ARE CORRECT !!! Busratio is 133Mhz and Multiplies is x12 as should be !

Dev ppl and anyone else - PLEASE HELP ME and take a note that one of the latest REV of RC5 is faulty on i7 720QM!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Does Chameleon already support ATI and nvidia injection for 10.6.8? EDIT: Yes, it does and also supports Lion already :=)

I cannot set pmVersion to 23 in the com.apple.Boot.plist. I wrote:

<key>pmVersion</key>
<string>23</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=x86_64 pmVersion=23</string>

But sleepenabler still starts with pmVersion=21. It only works, if I manually write "pmVersion=23" to the boot prompt.

Is it a bug?

I have dual 5770s hooked up and the computer boots a bit slow and then stalls at the bluescreen for about 2-5 minutes. Is there anyway to fix this?

I asked this in a few places and figured I would answer it for anyone else. Just disabled the GraphicsEnabler=No and combining it with the ATI kexts for MBP 2011 or maybe even 10.6.8. Haven't actually bothered checking if 10.6.8 will natively support, but I would assume so.

Dual 5770s work with up to 6 displays connected with no problems.

I asked this in a few places and figured I would answer it for anyone else. Just disabled the GraphicsEnabler=No and combining it with the ATI kexts for MBP 2011 or maybe even 10.6.8. Haven't actually bothered checking if 10.6.8 will natively support, but I would assume so.

Dual 5770s work with up to 6 displays connected with no problems.

Except geekbench, dvd player and steam games won't work using the default radeonframebuffer and if you have disabled the graphicsenabler then thats the framebuffer that you will be using!

Seems with the new Bootloader there is a Issue with Windows involving BCDedit and the BCD Store.

Just done a fresh install and both Charmeleon 877 RC5 and the lastest 1078 RC5 have the same issue where BCD store is not loading correctly and you can not edit with BCDedit which is a must for x64 bit Windows 7 to disable the Driver Enforcement.

If i load the second drive directly to windows it works if i load from charmeleon it will not and will give the following error :-

The boot configuration data store could not be opened.

The requested system device cannot be found.

Even with me using the bcdedit /store c:\boot\bcd which works if i disable driver enforcement and also enable Test Mode neither loads on the reboot like its ment to. anyone else have the same issue.

This can be produced via using two different Hard discs with 1 solely for Mac and the other for Windows 7 x64 bit.

So the question is anyone else having this issue as well other then me.

Does Chameleon already support ATI and nvidia injection for 10.6.8? EDIT: Yes, it does and also supports Lion already :=)

I cannot set pmVersion to 23 in the com.apple.Boot.plist. I wrote:

<key>pmVersion</key>
  <string>23</string>
  <key>Kernel Flags</key>
  <string>arch=x86_64 pmVersion=23</string>

But sleepenabler still starts with pmVersion=21. It only works, if I manually write "pmVersion=23" to the boot prompt.

Is it a bug?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the pmVersion flag is only meant to be a kernel flag, so it should only work as shown below, which is the same as entering them via boot prompt.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
 <string>-v pmVersion=23</string>

MAJ

How to disable Drive Info in chameleon r 1078 ?!

Humm... let's see... how about reading?

Very good, thanks... OK, I found it in changes in trunk r 1078, don't bother...

yeah... i was careful enough on updating CHANGES file and BootHelp.txt, when i committed that stuff,

so i don't have to bother...

I just installed the r1078 via Chameleon Wizard.

Booting Lion DP4 (11A480b) fine WITHOUT any flags.

It boots in 40 secs.

If I enter -v then the loader boots by loading ALL the kexts - takes over 2 minutes to boot.

It is as if -v is treated as -f on Lion (forcing all the kexts to loaded instead of using the cache).

r1020 had the same issue (what I have running based on Maldon's guide on installing Lion).

But r1020 does not accept DSDT=/my.custom.dsdt.aml on the Chameleon cmd line.

So I tried r1078. It does accept DSDT=/my.custom.dsdt.aml but -v is still an issue.

Anyone have the same problem or know why -v is acting this way ?

So I tried r1078. It does accept DSDT=/my.custom.dsdt.aml but -v is still an issue.

Hi... you giving me good news about DSDT; i was hopping it would be fixed with the latest changes...

That -v thing is another story; i can't test Lion and i can't imagine why the booter would do such thing with it

and not with Snow?? :blink: anyway, it's not the first time i read this.

Can anybody else confirm this?

MacNB, do you have the same problem using the menu (down arrow) to choose -v?