Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

Line 371 is:

Find = malloc(FindPtr->dataLen);

Ok, thanks to you now I have where to look for fixing bugs. If some patches autoenables is another bug that cause the error on line 371 just because in reality ther's no Find data, but now I have to look something to fix, and to me that help so mutch!

In truth I have everything set to yes, so that lately I have not tried to disabling functionalities. But I will.

Available for other tests? (but now is strictly reccomended to install Enoch in a usb stick). Until 18:00 I cannot do nothing (now here is 13:08)

Thanks for this new Boot rc3 file and your help.

However no matter how I have tried these Boot rc1, rc2 & rc3 files not working in my Z87 hackintosh.

At present only Enoch r.2848 and Clover r.4035 work.

I'll keep on trying to find out the reason why !

Ok, I have to fix something before a new test for you...

Anyway you have "IOAHCIBlockStorage" set in your kexts.plist..  and also the "TrimEnablerSata" key act on the same kext, so what happen if you remove it?

No, i havent. That kexts.plist was for the RC 3.

I use the attached.

kexts.plist.zip

Or is IOAHCIBlockStorage = OrangeIconFixSata fix key, which is set to NO?

@gabryele, looks your Web drivers working in Sierra as well..

ehi Micky1979  let me know my steps...

1) I replace boot in Mac HD and FileNVRAM.dylib in HD/Extra/Modules

2) I must delete the FileNVRAM.kext in /System/Library/Extensions, no one FileNVRAM.kext in this folder is necessary?

3) I delete the cache

4) other steps?

ehi Micky1979  let me know my steps...

1) I replace boot in Mac HD and FileNVRAM.dylib in HD/Extra/Modules

2) I must delete the FileNVRAM.kext in /System/Library/Extensions, no one FileNVRAM.kext in this folder is necessary?

3) I delete the cache

4) other steps?

Yes, delete  FileNVRAM.kext and rebuild the cache.

Use the boot file attached.

Do that in a usb stick and don't forget to set KernelBooter_kexts=Yes in kernel.plist

No, i havent. That kexts.plist was for the RC 3.

I use the attached.

attachicon.gif kexts.plist.zip

Or is IOAHCIBlockStorage = OrangeIconFixSata fix key, which is set to NO?

The orange icon fix applies to IOAHCIBlockStorage as for the trim patch. But I hope that this is ok..  sorry for the non sense

mitch_de try the rc4.

Edited by Micky1979
boot file removed

Ok found my own mistake. To enable the trim patch the code looks for a matching kext name and if the variable boolean "TrimEnablerSata" is set to true then the patch get activated:

if ((!strcmp(execPath, "IOAHCIBlockStorage")) && TrimEnablerSata)

but was by mistake :

if ((!strcmp(execPath, "IOAHCIBlockStorage")) && kTrimEnablerSata)

kTrimEnablerSata is the name of the key in kernel.plist and is a string instead of a bool variable.

i.e never was false, fixed. (sorry but both look like the same and difficult to see)

boot_rc5.zip

• Like 1

Can i try boot  RC5 also with FileNVRAM.dylib RC 1 or should it use the FileNVRAM.dylib RC 3 ?

Yep kTrimEnablerSata looks really like TrimEnablerSata :) 

I will test boot RC 5 first also with same kexts.plist (all set to boolean NO (false). Then set Trimenabler for next test to Yes (true).

Will take some time :) But i will report.

Too late :) booted already with boot RC 5 & FileNVRAM RC1 ;)

Enoch (2852 Micky1979 rc5)

Logging started: 2017/03/23, 21:01:35

now, all kexts.plist set to NO worked! No more phantom patch (set to NO but..) of  Patching IOAHCIBlockStorage: 1 substitutions made! with boot RC 1

[ KEXTS PATCHER START ]

Kexts patcher: end!

Also interesting that this KEXTS patcher Part has now no more content, before it has 2 , one patch made, one not patched info
In the RC1 ist looked:
[ KEXTS PATCHER START ] RC1 (all kexts.plist set to NO)

Patching IOAHCIBlockStorage: 1 substitutions made! - now fixed , not more listed in RC 5   :)
    Patching AppleAHCIPort: 0 substitutions made! - not more listed in RC 5
Kexts patcher: done!

OK, did 1,2,3 now FileNVRAM RC 3.

Worked.

Q: i deleted the .nvram.plist in / (of any partition, HD) but not the "found nvram.00000000-0000-0000-0000-001d7dd11bf3.plist at /Volumes/OSX_BACKUP/Extra [hd(2,3)]"

which got later loaded loading hd(1,2)/Extra/nvram.00000000-0000-0000-0000-001d7dd11bf3.plist: success.

Should i delete them also or was enough to delete that .nvram.plist in the root?

Was deleted and got new after the  install RC 3 & reboot.

EDIT: Now tested patch AppleRTC  = YES and OrangeIconFix  = YES

Worked! :)

[ KEXTS PATCHER START ]

Patching AppleRTC: 0 substitutions made!

Patching AppleAHCIPort: 3 substitutions made!

RTC Patch has nothing to patch because i use an already patched kext.
OrangeIconFix working, orange Icons (removalble disk) gone, now grey as they should
  • Like 1

OK, did 1,2,3 now FileNVRAM RC 3.

Worked.

Q: i deleted the .nvram.plist in / (of any partition, HD) but not the "found nvram.00000000-0000-0000-0000-001d7dd11bf3.plist at /Volumes/OSX_BACKUP/Extra [hd(2,3)]"

which got later loaded loading hd(1,2)/Extra/nvram.00000000-0000-0000-0000-001d7dd11bf3.plist: success.

Should i delete them also or was enough to delete that .nvram.plist in the root?

leave it as backup  :wink_anim:, the module will read it again only if no one /.nvram.plist will be found, also this ensure compatibility with the old module.

Now tested patch AppleRTC  = YES and OrangeIconFix  = YES

Worked!  :)

[ KEXTS PATCHER START ]

Patching AppleRTC: 0 substitutions made!

Patching AppleAHCIPort: 3 substitutions made!

RTC Patch has nothing to patch because i use an already patched kext.
OrangeIconFix working, orange Icons (removalble disk) gone, now grey as they should

good!

But the Q. now is: can you activate the NVIDIA web drivers in Sierra using only its manager?

I will try that, last tests always El Capitan  ( my working OS X). I have Sierra 12.3 and will try that.

What i want to say is, that along the tests (deleting .nvram.plist, delete the dlib, ...) step 1,2,3 i get always Web driver enabled. Never had Apple default. I never have to use the Nvida Menü selection.

Can it be that thats because i did 1,2,3 rigth but never deleted also that /Extra/nvram.00000000-0000-0000-0000-001d7dd11bf3.plist ?

In El Capitan there is no need for the nvram support, if you have nvda_drv=1 in the Kernel Flags it's enough (or if you have it in boot-args that it's the same exactly).  In Sierra nvram is required but here is no longer a kernel flag/boot-arg. Is a key/value pair like in a plist:

post-674334-0-81987900-1490309280_thumb.png

Ok found my own mistake. To enable the trim patch the code looks for a matching kext name and if the variable boolean "TrimEnablerSata" is set to true then the patch get activated:

if ((!strcmp(execPath, "IOAHCIBlockStorage")) && TrimEnablerSata)

but was by mistake :

if ((!strcmp(execPath, "IOAHCIBlockStorage")) && kTrimEnablerSata)

kTrimEnablerSata is the name of the key in kernel.plist and is a string instead of a bool variable.

i.e never was false, fixed. (sorry but both look like the same and difficult to see)

Thanks a lot !

This boot rc5 & FileNVRAM.dylib rc3 can load NvidiaWebDriver correctly now at 10.12.3 & 10.12.4.

post-70188-0-11233800-1490321739_thumb.png

• Like 1

Good!

Thanks @jsl and @mitch_de for testing! I think all is fixed. Now I have to present to meklort the new code for the FileNVRAM module, hoping that He will accept the changes made.

Well, my lappy boot macOS without installing any kexts! (I have removed the FakeSMC.kext) and my Wifi is working using the "PersonalitiesInjector" in kexts.plist and No one kext is patched on the filesystem, iMessage is working as well for the Web Drivers.... I would say very good! :)

Waiting ErmaC to commit latest changes!

• Like 2

Yes, delete  FileNVRAM.kext and rebuild the cache.

Use the boot file attached.

Do that in a usb stick and don't forget to set KernelBooter_kexts=Yes in kernel.plist

ok, I put kernel.plist in extra only with KernelBooter

<dict>

<key>KernelBooter_kexts</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

then I try both boot_rc3 and boot_rc5: they work good, nvidia driver everytime selected:

0t2Ex2w.png

Senza_titolo.jpg

• Like 1

ok, I put kernel.plist in extra only with KernelBooter

then I try both boot_rc3 and boot_rc5: they work good, nvidia driver everytime selected:

0t2Ex2w.png

Yeah! thanks for testing!

Work in progress ;)

ErmaC

:)

Hi! I have an AMD FX 8350 with a GTX 970.

I am glad to inform that nvidia webdriver loads perfectly with boot rc5 and filenvram rc 3 using the NVIDIAWebDrv=Yes bootflag.

I dont know if it is related but my About Mac Is not working.

Thank you for your hard work!

• Like 1

Hi! I have an AMD FX 8350 with a GTX 970.

I am glad to inform that nvidia webdriver loads perfectly with boot rc5 and filenvram rc 3 using the NVIDIAWebDrv=Yes bootflag.

Thank you for your hard work!

Thanks to you reporting this!  :thumbsup_anim:

I dont know if it is related but my About Mac Is not working.

Can't be (no reason other than due to your modded kernel)

Guys, another step (boot rc6). FileNVRAM.dylib rc6 is only compatible with this rc6 or 2848 and older since I have reverted a change introduced with rc1~rc5. That is to restore compatibility, but don't use the module with previous rc files.

NEW:

Extra/Extensions/Common and Extra/Extensions/10.x

10.x stand for 10.4 or 10.6 ...or 10.11 or 10.12 and so on

If Extra/Extensions/Common is found on the bootloader-boot partition now Enoch switch to load kexts only from the boot partition. If not found it behaves as always, i.e. loads from /Extra/Extensions/ of the boot partition or override to  the /Extra/Extensions/ of the osx partition actually selected.

In Extra/Extensions/Common you should put inside only kexts that are compatible and loads all the OSes you have. FakeSMC.kext and plugins may stay there for example.

In Extra/Extensions/10.7 you should place only kexts compatible with Lion, in Extra/Extensions/10.12 instead you should place only kexts compatible with Sierra.

Warning: if /Common folder is in use, no kexts will be loaded outside /Common or /10.x

The goal: have only one Extra folder to dynamically load different configurations for different OSes

Tests appreciated since ErmaC is doing commits to update it, thanks!

boot_rc6.zip

FileNVRAM.dylib_rc6.zip

• Like 6