Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

Patched BIOS a few months ago to disable the intel and activate the nvidia by default... and yes, I never changed the flags afterwards... :-)

So for your question: Yes, the nvidia works, even with web drivers with the "correct" BIOS. But that was months ago.

OK, patching the bios is an option to make the card work... but what pain.. my bios bootblock check for the RSA signature.. not really advised here..

Then, with patched bios.. the web drivers will work..

The switch is made in ACPI, than this should be a job for some GURU (Pike?  :D )... maybe with a kext...

OK, patching the bios is an option to make the card work... but what pain.. my bios bootblock check for the RSA signature.. not really advised here..

Then, with patched bios.. the web drivers will work..

The switch is made in ACPI, than this should be a job for some GURU (Pike?  :D )... maybe with a kext...

Yep, it is in there... but it semms that noone ever managed to do it properly. I know the pain and I have the "regular" bios installed again.

Apart from that: I test your suggestion and... NO... it still stucks at the point where it should switch to the graphical part.

Damn, I never experienced this before.

(Oh, and i cleaned up, of course. Web drivers are gone  :) )

Another guess?

Small update at night, hehe... :P  The wife is asleep...

Tested Pike's suggestion, but the same. In my opinion it is not the SIP. Clover boots with the same setting (0x67).

Changed the kext from 10.11.1 Intel drivers to the ones from 10.10.5, but still no success.

now an intresting test to see if you can get the Desktop is to remove completely the Intel video kexts.... this way no acceleration, only Vesa...

Hi Micky and good morning.

Well, tested a few configs, which means:

- removing all Intel kexts & try booting

- removing all nvidia kexts together with Intel kexts & try booting

- removing all Intel injection from org.chameleon.boot.plist & my DSDT

- all of the above together

... the answer is still: no. I just do not get it... Clover boots fine without the kexts for Intel and shows 7MB VRAM  :D (and of course no QE/QI)

Strange, but i am currently on 10.10 with the same config as for 10.11 and all is working fine (like with clover on 10.11)

I noticed one very interesting thing:

My mobo needed genericUSBXHCI to get the USB3 working under 10.x to 10.10.

Of course i removed it under 10.11. I used Rehabmans FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext to get at least the ports working (without a kext they never would).

This way I get 3 of 4 Ports working.

The USB2 port with the webcam connected doesn't show up at all under 10.11, even with booting via clover.

Aehm, I removed it today during the tests (like any other third party extension) and noticed that the system doesn't to boot up and locks at a very early stage ("AppleUSBLegacySupport" or something).

So the question for is now: If it is not the graphics and totally not related to ENOCH, could it be the USB that is blocking the startup sequence?

Did I blame Chameleon & Enoch for something that is not related to them? - Clover patches the USB controllers by itself at boot...

So I might be a bummer that never got his DSDT right and is in the wrong thread.  :shock:

Edited by wartomato

This is odd. I used createinstallmedia and RevoBoot cannot locate com.apple.Boot.plist and the kernel/prelinkedkernel. Works fine one the HDD/SDD.

You guys may have solved this already, and if that is a yes then what was the fix? How do I compare my copy of hfs.c with older versions in the *trunk tree?

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/trunk

This is odd. I used createinstallmedia and RevoBoot cannot locate com.apple.Boot.plist and the kernel/prelinkedkernel. Works fine one the HDD/SDD.

You guys may have solved this already, and if that is a yes then what was the fix? How do I compare my copy of hfs.c with older versions in the *trunk tree?

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/trunk

Ex: of 2759

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/2759/trunk/i386/libsaio/hfs.c

ErmaC

• Like 1

Aehm, I removed it today during the tests (like any other third party extension) and noticed that the system doesn't to boot up and locks at a very early stage ("AppleUSBLegacySupport" or something).

So the question for is now: If it is not the graphics and totally not related to ENOCH, could it be the USB that is blocking the startup sequence?

Did I blame Chameleon & Enoch for something that is not related to them? - Clover patches the USB controllers by itself at boot...

So I might be a bummer that never got his DSDT right and is in the wrong thread.  :shock:

Sure, El Capitan has port restriction for USB.. is it a famous problem, but Clover, as I know, can't patch it automatically... I guess.

If you have some patches for USB 2.0/3.0 try to remove them firstly (maybe you can lukyly match a port defined in your SMBIOS), then look at this topics:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308325-guide-1011-full-speed-usb-series-89-keeping-vanilla-sle/

Anyway if your DSDT is patched for multiplexing is better to redone it from scratch..

• Like 1

Thanks!

Edit: It was my USB thumb drive that was broken. Now it is not even recognised anymore and the LED stays off too. A new one solved this issue. And apparently, this has something to do with running createinstallmedia because I have read similar reports on macrumors.com

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

Can you please add a Skylake specific kext patch. We need to patch /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAPIC.kext/Contents/AppleAPIC

Search for: C1 E8 10 0F B6 F0 and replace it with: BE 17 00 00 00 90 (in Hexedit mind the endianess).

After that you can boot without the dreadful still waiting for boot device.

Thanks!

Hi Pike, patching a kext should be not a problem  if loaded from SLE, but to patch it inside the prelinkedcache this is actually untested. I have an idea (never tried) on how to find the right start/end  offset (__text __TEXT) for the various segments containing the executable to patch, but I don't know if something else must be adjusted after patching it (when or why).

the LC_SYMTAB could help us, but our patches are actually before got the decode kernel function, seem a problem.

I cannot install Chameleon Enoch-rev.2795 (and former releases too) from Capitan partition, error message screenshot attached.

Installing from Yosemite partition successful without any problems.

Here is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<dict>
	<key>DropSSDT</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel Cache</key>
	<string>/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x2000</string>
	<key>KeyLayout</key>
	<string>mac-de</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>3</string>
</dict>

Some additional info needed?

Thanks

Tom

post-247118-0-12007000-1446809758_thumb.png

I cannot install Chameleon Enoch-rev.2795 (and former releases too) from Capitan partition, error message screenshot attached.

Installing from Yosemite partition successful without any problems.

Here is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<dict>
	<key>DropSSDT</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel Cache</key>
	<string>/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x2000</string>
	<key>KeyLayout</key>
	<string>mac-de</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>3</string>
</dict>

Some additional info needed?

Thanks

Tom

How about add this one?

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>

<string>103</string>

There is a way to patch Chameleon to boot and recognize Samsung SM951 AHCI HardDisk ?

If SM951 is plugged into slot, Chameleon stops to . (like images attached)

my system is ASRock Z97 Extreme 4/3.1 with i5-4440

This should not be a problem. I have the same Samsung SM951 and it boots, but you not only need to set the partition active, but you also need to write boot0 and boot1h to it.
  • Like 2

This should not be a problem. I have the same Samsung SM951 and it boots, but you not only need to set the partition active, but you also need to write boot0 and boot1h to it.

Thanks for quickly reply...

Same problem... I can't boot from my working HD if SM951 is plugged into slot ( boot hangs on . like images attached in previous message ).

I booted on my working HD with USB & clover.. I format sm951 with utility disco, set partition active, installed chameleon on it ( and I can see boot0, boot1h etc inside )

I reboot now with Chameleon installed on my working HD but still hangs on boot

Can you provide me your chameleon version to test on my system ?

Thanks, crazybirdy,

your hint did the trick.

Installation went smoothly after inserting your lines per textedit.

How can I achieve the same result through the Enoch installation routine?

Which items must be ticked?

Thanks

Tom

post-247118-0-71027300-1447084154_thumb.png

• Like 1

How can I achieve the same result through the Enoch installation routine?

Which items must be ticked?

Actually the Installer don't handle option combination (I mean the sum of it)...

In a next release I will change this with preconfigured choice like 3, 103 or other

ErmaC 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...