Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

So since the latest version of Chameleon, 2.3 svn r2716 doesn't support booting El Capitan on legacy motherboards without UEFI BIOS and as a result users have to resort to using at least Enoch r2725, does this mean development for EC support on the Chameleon bootloader has been halted or will development for later versions of Chameleon be discontinued?

Im already out. It happenes after a few seconds after reading boot.plist (like what you see when you open bdmesg). It never reaches loading kernel or loading kexts.I will post it ASAP. Thanks

To see loading kexts you have to run the kernel instead of the kernelcache/prelinkedcache (-f or UseKernelCache=No). Please this make a big diff..

And any Extensions.mkext somewhere to be removed?

i have i5-4460 using 2773 package and 2774 boot file from ErmaC. It restarts after i pressed chameleon GUI. Tried settings of  KernelcpuFamily & KernelHaswell but no avail. Any info?

Thanks

Hi,

Enter open chameleon plist (sorry, forgot the name) in a terminal window and see if it opens in the plist editor, or that it bails with an error. If the plist is broken, then you could run into reboot issues.

• Like 1

i have i5-4460 using 2773 package and 2774 boot file from ErmaC. It restarts after i pressed chameleon GUI. Tried settings of  KernelcpuFamily & KernelHaswell but no avail. Any info?

Thanks

Hi,

Enter open chameleon plist (sorry, forgot the name) in a terminal window and see if it opens in the plist editor, or that it bails with an error. If the plist is broken, then you could run into reboot issues.

My bad. kernel.plist got bork somehow. All good now :)
  • Like 1

Great. You know. I recently had a similar experience with com.apple.Boot.plist and added this check:

// Build XML dictionary.
if (ParseXMLFile(config->plist, &config-->dictionary) > 0)
{
return EFI_SUCCESS;
}
else
{
error("ERROR: failed to parse: com.apple.Boot.plist");
}
  • Like 1

At least Clover-XS should be possible :);)

Both bootloders have great Devs, which spend much private time to us as their "customers"  THANKS!

Thats the main thing, really kind + great DEVS at bootloaders - beside useless comments which is "better".

• Like 1

At least Clover-XS should be possible :);)

Both bootloders have great Devs, which spend much private time to us as their "customers"  THANKS!

Thats the main thing, really kind + great DEVS at bootloaders - beside useless comments which is "better".

Since El Capitan comes out this summer, when I do something for the bootloader... was only for fun! ^_^

Basically, all thing here is only for fun but: 

since I came here on InsanelyMac, I learned many things, obj-c, Swift, C#.

Not sure I have time to do these things in the future, but in the meantime, I paid $99 for my Dev ID account at Apple because I plan to publish something I'm working on ..

So staying here is fun and you learn, and I hope that all developpers are having fun in programming! :D
Edited by Micky1979
  • Like 4

Let me chime in on this one as well. I was reading this: "This patch will fix i5-2500K issue, too." and thought... huh? Which issue? You know. I am actually typing this on a hack with a Gigabyte motherboard with an Intel i5-2500K and I can't remember having seen any issue. Not at all. What am I missing here?

Hi I suppose my situation is different, but with my mixed Z77/i5-2500k there's no way (at least for me) to get it working. I mean it's not recognized and so on. ErmaC is giving me some very appreciated help about it at the moment but any suggest to fix it would be great. Thanks all of you for what you do for dumb "hackintoshers" like me. lol. ciao

my mixed Z77/i5-2500k there's no way (at least for me) to get it working.

HD3000 MEI, dsdt or ssdt injection:

Set MEI@16/device_id/0x3a1c0000

ssdt: ssdt_hdmi-hd3000-7series-3.zip

dsdt:

Device (MEI)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x00160000)  // _ADR: Address
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0x03                                           
                    })
                }

Return (Package (0x02)
                {
                    "device-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x3A, 0x1C, 0x00, 0x00                         
                    }
                })
            }
        }
  • Like 1

HD3000 MEI, dsdt or ssdt injection:

Set MEI@16/device_id/0x3a1c0000

ssdt: ssdt_hdmi-hd3000-7series-3.zip

dsdt:

Device (MEI)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x00160000)  // _ADR: Address
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0x03                                           
                    })
                }

Return (Package (0x02)
                {
                    "device-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x3A, 0x1C, 0x00, 0x00                         
                    }
                })
            }
        }

I would say a big "thank you" to Toleda who gave me the definitive solution for my HD 3000 issue. I could not only fix it at once but I also got HDMI sound for my monitor. I followed the simple way, I mean I just had to add the downloaded SSDT in my Extra folder. Boom!! everything perfect. Thanks again to all those who work to give us the pleasure of a performing hackintosh. Grazie mille davvero.

post-1154930-0-75154500-1445273562_thumb.png

Hi Guys!

I'm experiencing an issue with chameleon/enoch bootloader. First my CPU is: Intel Xeon CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz

At lease since version 2716 my CPU Clock readout is wrong. The issue remains with current version 2779.

I think the problem ist the wrong BLCK. In bdmesg is says:

Sticking with [BCLK: 99Mhz, Bus-Ratio: 30]

But BCLK of course should be 100Mhz.

Can this be solved with a smbios.plist entry or is it a bug in recent versions of chameleon bootloader?

Best Regards,

Mark

Hi Guys!

I'm experiencing an issue with chameleon/enoch bootloader. First my CPU is: Intel Xeon CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz

At lease since version 2716 my CPU Clock readout is wrong. The issue remains with current version 2779.

I think the problem ist the wrong BLCK. In bdmesg is says:

Sticking with [BCLK: 99Mhz, Bus-Ratio: 30]

But BCLK of course should be 100Mhz.

Can this be solved with a smbios.plist entry or is it a bug in recent versions of chameleon bootloader?

Best Regards,

Mark

The discussion about this was recently in Clover thread. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/page-435?p=2179906&do=findComment&comment=2179906

Just now.

• Like 1

Hi Slice, thanks for your answer.

As you wrote in the clover thread, the BCLK / Clock speed affects audio/sound. For now I use Chimera 4.1 Bootloader (i know you guys don't like tonymac here...) which gives me the "correct"?! BCLK of 100MHz.

In the past I often experienced audio dropouts and glitches with iTunes and Cubase. I own a semi-professional Firewire Audio Interface "Presonus FP10".

With my new setup, the audio glitches seem to be disappeared. Mayne this helps you and others for further investigations on this specific issue.

I could also think of a problem that the CPU clock speed interferes with FF clock speed and the external clock-sync "44.1KHz" of my audio interface.

Hi Slice, thanks for your answer.

As you wrote in the clover thread, the BCLK / Clock speed affects audio/sound. For now I use Chimera 4.1 Bootloader (i know you guys don't like tonymac here...) which gives me the "correct"?! BCLK of 100MHz.

In the past I often experienced audio dropouts and glitches with iTunes and Cubase. I own a semi-professional Firewire Audio Interface "Presonus FP10".

With my new setup, the audio glitches seem to be disappeared. Mayne this helps you and others for further investigations on this specific issue.

I could also think of a problem that the CPU clock speed interferes with FF clock speed and the external clock-sync "44.1KHz" of my audio interface.

Should I repeat that the question is closed?