Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

The ram recognized is wrong here, too. bdmesg is the same as #3536. FYI.

Clover r3277 works fine with 10.11.0 as 4G.

right as 4G.

post-61100-0-07147700-1443835358_thumb.gif

Enoch r2773 works fine with 10.9.5, 10.10.5 as 4G, but 10.11.0 shows as 4.38G.

wrong as 4.38G

post-61100-0-30987800-1443835336_thumb.gif

right as 4G.

post-61100-0-24912800-1443835342_thumb.gif

right as 4G.

post-61100-0-57787900-1443835348_thumb.gif

• Like 1

cannot seem to boot my install usb of el capitan that was released on app store, using the latest from enoch branch , Enoch r2773, is it just me or there are others having the issue on booting the chameleon on the installation usb? after waiting for some time white screen appears and a spinning ball. Never had problems on usb installation on my current setup on yosimite, el capitan beta release.

Pike sorry I will not be at home until tomorrow.

The problem was the installer never restart while saying "about a second remain" (waiting more the one hour):

So restarting the installer to erase the partition of El Capitan that initially wanted to upgrade, but still endless installation. I later discovered that disk utility from the installer has deleted the OS partition, but not the RecoveryHD associated.

Then restarting on another OS (Yosemite) I erased again the ex partition where initially was El Capitan GM using Disk Utility from there... this time the RecoveryHD was deleted successfully.
Then installer could end up successful with the installation.

That already happened to me with beta 2 on beta1 also..

Guys here El Capitan final release wont install if the old Recovery HD is present... is the same for you?

@Micky1979,

No, everything OK here.  I have the following partition arrangement with 2 Recovery HDs (1 Yosemite, 1 El Capitan)....

post-846696-0-58652400-1443939727_thumb.png

Upgraded from El Capitan GM to final version by directly running the "Install OS X El Capitan.app" from the Applications folder in Yosemite and rebooting into the installer with Enoch 2773.

@ncmontas,

The failure to boot maybe because FakeSMC is not being injected into the installer's prelinked kernel.  Did you install a kernel.plist file in /Extra (and FakeSMC in E/E) on your USB?  Alternatively, you can manually enter at the Chameleon menu 

-v KernelBooter_kexts=Yes

Since you have an nVidia card, you can also try adding the flag nv_disable=1 and see if that helps boot the installer...

• Like 2

Pike sorry I will not be at home until tomorrow.

The problem was the installer never restart while saying "about a second remain" (waiting more the one hour):

So restarting the installer to erase the partition of El Capitan that initially wanted to upgrade, but still endless installation. I later discovered that disk utility from the installer has deleted the OS partition, but not the RecoveryHD associated.

Then restarting on another OS (Yosemite) I erased again the ex partition where initially was El Capitan GM using Disk Utility from there... this time the RecoveryHD was deleted successfully.

Then installer could end up successful with the installation.

That already happened to me with beta 2 on beta1 also..

Hey no problem. This is a different issue.

1.) Downloaded the El Capitan.app

2.) Start installation process.

3.) Reboot

4.) Installation process comes up with "Install OS X" and a blue progress bar. Clicking on the top of the screen bring up the menubar and you can select terminal/safari from it. Nothing seems to work.

Anyone seen this before?

Yes, is the automated process to upgrade w/o ask you nothing. Is a slow process (very slow) may be it's working and you have to wait a long?

Timing changes is you are updrading (to slow because check for old apps compatibility too). With a fresh installation (targeting an empty partition) is more fast. Anyway nothing comparable with the speed of an "restored basesystem.dmg".

Or you are experience my issue :P

EDIT

probably I have a pict of that process somewhere...let me find it..

EDIT II
nope, no pict.

EDIT III

Apple learning from Windows :hysterical:

p.s. There's no progress indication (percentage) so something may be wrong.

I can confirm this too, only the blue progress bar (I'm writing from an installation like that)

The first time I tried, in the log I had seen that was searching for an active Internet connection (serching for updates), so I do that the 2° time.. not sure has done something particular

I had an active Internet connection, now I disabled it.

Another thing. I opened Disk Utility/System Information and both are very very slow. Perhaps Apple does something with power management these days and if this thing runs @ 500 MHz... then I can understand why it is slooow.

• Like 1

The notebook had (and I hop will again) a full nvram support installed, desktop not :)

That may have been it. And looking at the NVRAM I see a couple of variables. Starting with rc_imgsrc_info (a binary plist) which converted shows me the UUID of the target disk. If you do a Google search you'll only find one hit in the entire Internet. Pretty much hidden for the public.

And there are two more starting with .IA but I forgot the exact names...

Edit: Here they are

4d1ede05-38c7-4a6a-9cc6-4bcca8b38c14:IASCurrentInstallPhase

4d1ede05-38c7-4a6a-9cc6-4bcca8b38c14:IASInstallPhaseList

8D63D4FE-BD3C-4AAD-881D-86FD974BC1DF:boot-info-payload

Edit: Here they are

4d1ede05-38c7-4a6a-9cc6-4bcca8b38c14:IASCurrentInstallPhase

4d1ede05-38c7-4a6a-9cc6-4bcca8b38c14:IASInstallPhaseList

8D63D4FE-BD3C-4AAD-881D-86FD974BC1DF:boot-info-payload

I was sure I saw the first variable somewhere, so I turned on my dameged laptop, and in fact is there (even if empty):

post-674334-0-32185700-1444043935_thumb.png

EDIT

scrolling on NVRAMme.app I can see the second variable too:

post-674334-0-75154400-1444043951_thumb.png

third variables is not there..

Yep, that's why my lappy always works with all kind of installers

pheraps, Is the "Install El Capitan.app" that set that nvram vars before rebooting?
Now I understand completely the meklort's code. We need the uuid of the target disk too, I guess.

@Micky1979,

No, everything OK here.  I have the following partition arrangement with 2 Recovery HDs (1 Yosemite, 1 El Capitan)....

Upgraded from El Capitan GM to final version by directly running the "Install OS X El Capitan.app" from the Applications folder in Yosemite and rebooting into the installer with Enoch 2773.

@ncmontas,

The failure to boot maybe because FakeSMC is not being injected into the installer's prelinked kernel.  Did you install a kernel.plist file in /Extra (and FakeSMC in E/E) on your USB?  Alternatively, you can manually enter at the Chameleon menu 

-v KernelBooter_kexts=Yes

Since you have an nVidia card, you can also try adding the flag nv_disable=1 and see if that helps boot the installer...

Hi,

I had the kernel.plist on my first attempt in the Extra folder.

Had to recreate again the installer USB, after that everything went fine, but noticed this error. This happen after the progress bar finishes on the preparation part of the installation of OSX. 

Oct  5 10:19:52 Mac-Pro Unknown[475]: 2015-10-05 10:19:52.153 Language Chooser[474:7000] TSplicedFont failed creating descriptor for:

Oct  5 10:19:52 Mac-Pro Unknown[475]: (
Oct  5 10:19:52 Mac-Pro Unknown[475]:         {
Oct  5 10:19:52 Mac-Pro Unknown[475]:         UnicodeRange = "<__NSCFCharacterSet: 0x7fae350d13f0>";
Oct  5 10:19:52 Mac-Pro Unknown[475]:         name = NotoSansBuhid;
Oct  5 10:19:52 Mac-Pro Unknown[475]:     },
Oct  5 10:19:52 Mac-Pro Unknown[475]:         {
Oct  5 10:19:52 Mac-Pro Unknown[475]:         UnicodeRange = "<__NSCFCharacterSet: 0x7fae350d14a0>";

but after waiting for a while, the installer preparation steps exited forcibly and reboot the computer, and the installation began. Installation of El Capitan was successful.
  • Like 1

hello, Now I'm using i3-2125, so I have to rebuild "boot" to enable HD3000.

Is it impossible to patch gma.c ?

This patch will fix i5-2500K issue, too.

--- gma.c (latest)

+++ gma.c (working copy)
@@ -667,7 +667,13 @@
  devprop_add_value(device, "built-in", &BuiltIn, 1);
  devprop_add_value(device, "class-code", ClassFix, 4);

+            if(((device_id << 16) | vendor_id) != GMA_SANDYBRIDGE_GT2) {
  devprop_add_value(device, "vendor-id", (uint8_t *)INTEL_VENDORID, 4);
+            }else{
+                device_id = 0x00000126;
+                devprop_add_value(device, "device-id", (uint8_t *)&device_id, sizeof(device_id));
+                verbose("\tInjeting done: was [%04x:%04x] now is [%04x:%04x]\n", gma_dev->vendor_id, gma_dev->device_id, gma_dev->vendor_id, device_id);
+            }

devprop_add_value(device, "AAPL,tbl-info", HD3000_tbl_info, 18);
  • Like 2