Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

I've experience a bug, apple bug..

basically I create my installer with createinstallermedia, got it working easily, erase the old 10.11 beta installation... but installation never finish..

Later I realize that the old RecoveryHD was still there. Erasing again using Disk Utility in Yosemite solve the problem.

Also I can see problem loading the languages selector Chooser app. I guess is another bug.. I have the log:

Sep 12 03:09:48 MacBook-Pro Installer Progress[451]: Progress App loading...
Sep 12 03:09:48 MacBook-Pro Installer Progress[451]: IASGetCurrentInstallPhaseList: no install phase array set
Sep 12 03:09:48 MacBook-Pro Installer Progress[451]: IASGetCurrentInstallPhase: no install phase set
Sep 12 03:09:48 MacBook-Pro Installer Progress[451]: Progress App is running with no progress set. Will try to hide this...
Sep 12 03:09:48 MacBook-Pro Unknown[458]: Setting boot completed.
Sep 12 03:09:50 MacBook-Pro Installer Progress[451]: Shield windows created.
Sep 12 03:09:50 MacBook-Pro Installer Progress[451]: Shield windows ordered front.
Sep 12 03:09:50 MacBook-Pro Installer Progress[451]: Progress App running...
Sep 12 03:10:17 MacBook-Pro Language Chooser[457]: LCA+BT2: failed to get BT host controller after 30 seconds
Sep 12 03:10:17 MacBook-Pro Language Chooser[457]: LCA+BT2: BT host controller appeared after 30 seconds
Sep 12 03:10:17 MacBook-Pro Language Chooser[457]: Could not read prev-lang:kbd to set keyboard.
Sep 12 03:10:18 MacBook-Pro Language Chooser[457]: No primary language hint found
Sep 12 03:10:18 MacBook-Pro Unknown[458]: 2015-09-12 03:10:18.152 Language Chooser[457:6874] TSplicedFont failed creating descriptor for:
Sep 12 03:10:18 MacBook-Pro Unknown[458]: (
Sep 12 03:10:18 MacBook-Pro Unknown[458]:         {
Sep 12 03:10:18 MacBook-Pro Unknown[458]:         UnicodeRange = "<__NSCFCharacterSet: 0x7fcbfda29e60>";
Sep 12 03:10:18 MacBook-Pro Unknown[458]:         name = NotoSansBuhid;
Sep 12 03:10:18 MacBook-Pro Unknown[458]:     },
Sep 12 03:10:18 MacBook-Pro Unknown[458]:         UnicodeRange = "<__NSCFCharacterSet: 0x7fcbfda29f10>";
Sep 12 03:10:18 MacBook-Pro Unknown[458]:         name = NotoSansHanunoo;
Sep 12 03:10:18 MacBook-Pro Unknown[458]:         UnicodeRange = "<__NSCFCharacterSet: 0x7fcbfda29fc0>";
Sep 12 03:10:18 MacBook-Pro Unknown[458]:         name = NotoSansBatak;

I use csr config set to 67 loading the installer... and work..

EDIT
What I have understand is that your installer good or bad has got the Installer GUI, otherwise you can't see the animated beach ball, no matter your kexts, dsdt, smbios, csr config.. ecc... it has already booted.

Kexts :

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

BCM5722D.kext

FakeSMC.kext <- version 6.14.1364 + PlugIns

VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

With a MacBookPro5,1 SMBios + DSDT.aml

As I know, not all versions of FakeSMC.kext work with 10.11, try 6.18.1394, it works fine here.

And put /Extra/Kernel.plist to all Mac partitions to make sure it works with 2760.

HWSensors.6.18.1394.Binaries.dmg

Which Plugins? You know that you not have all kexts (especially video kexts) inside the installer...maybe..

All of the them. The usual ones actually : ACPISensors.kext, CPUSensors.kext, GPUSensors.kext and LPCSensors.kext. Changing from 6.14.1364 to 6.18.1394 didn't change anything BTW.

But I've noticed a sligt difference using createinstallmedia method as the bootloader shows that extra kexts are "seen" but fails to load them because of dependencies :surprised:.

So whatever I do, it ends up with a kernel panic…

Anyway, without the plugins, it's the same :wallbash:.

@crazybirdy

Tried to put an Extra/kernel.plist with the same settings as in the post from ErmaC and in every HFS partition but that did nothing :(.

• Like 1

Anyone want to try this test version?

Testing kexts loading from /E/E with 10.11 GM.

Excellent work guys  :D

[ KERNEL PATCHER START ]
		KernelBooter_kexts state: enabled!
		KernelPm           state: disabled!
		KernelLapicError   state: disabled!
		KernelLapicVersion state: disabled!
		KernelHasswell     state: disabled!
		KernelcpuFamily    state: disabled!
		KernelSSE3         state: disabled!

***** kernel version = 15.0.0 *****

[ 64-bit ]
	- Searching for booter extensions pattern
		Found Yosemite and El Capitan pattern, patched!
		Found Yosemite pattern, patched!
		2 substitution(s) made.
[ KERNEL PATCHER END ]
  • Like 3

latest Bungo svn bdmesg output:

Type: 4, Length: 42, Handle: 0x0004
Processor Information:
    Socket Designation: LGA1155
    Type: 3
    Family: 0xBF
    Manufacturer: Intel(R) Corporation
    ID: 0x306A9
    Processor Version: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
    External Clock: 0MHz
    Maximum Clock: 3400MHz
    Current Clock: 3422MHz
    Serial Number: Not Specified
    Asset Tag: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Part Number: Not Specified

All serials and the System UUID now displays ** PRIVATE **

Glorious perfection...nice work Bungo!

If anyone wants to use it, here's my complete iMac13,1 smbios.plist: attachicon.gifsmbios.plist.zip Obviously serials have been removed.

Thanks to the hard work of some fine gentlemen, the blank fields will set "not specified" as a real iMac13,1 does for those values, so leave them blank.

Everything was crosschecked with the iMac13,1 smbios dump from tea's blog.

Here's a bonus for the anal-retentive, I have no idea whether this actually matters but; 

The correct smc version for the latest iMac13,1 boot rom is 2.9f5.

You can fake this with Fakesmc.kext by changing the revision (REV) key in fakesmc's info.plist to <02090f00 0005> (thanks to Prasys)

Default smc model in Fakesmc.kext is smc-napa which is correct for the MacPro3,1 and some other models. The smc used in the iMac13,1 is smc-huronriver, so change that as well while you're in there.

If using XCode, tick "Show Raw Keys and Values" in the "Editor" pull down menu so you can see what you're doing.

attachicon.gifFakeSMC_iMac13,1.kext.zip <- or you can grab this and be done with it. The PlugIns folder has the LPC, GPU and CPU sensor plugins.

Do you think I can use it with Z77 DS3H, i5 3750k under El Capitan GM?

Finally I can boot each kind of installer with Enoch! :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

Test made:

boot into Lion, the "Install Mac OS X Lion.app" was in /Volumes/Data (not inside /Applications of the same volume ..he he.. more difficult..). make the installer targheting a 16  GB USB stick.

reboot:

choosed /Volumes/Data and booted it succesfully :lol:, using only its own kernelcache, place there by "Install Mac OS X Lion.app"!

Something is telling me that installer made by the "app" (no createinstallermedia) can be made also to a non hfs partitions, but actually I have not try (this depend if the app allow that)....

Code goes clean, then I'll let you try :)

• Like 2

Hey guys ! Nice work so far but I can't boot OS X 10.11 GM (15A282a) from an install USB stick with Enoch r2760 (or any other version).

None of the Extra folder kexts are loaded and therefore there's no FakeSMC to reach the install screen without the Beach ball of death.

Wherever I place my kexts (actually, there's not a lot of choice between Extra and L/E :P) and of course, CsrActiveConfig=103 is set in org.chameleon.Boot.plist as the verbose mode clearly states that SIP is disabled.

And that happens only on OS X 10.11 GM (15A282a). DP1 boots fine.

So I was wondering if someone already tried and successfully booted an OS X 10.11 GM install disk (not an already working and updated system) ? If so, then I must have missed something. Otherwise, I think we have a problem here.

Keep going, I'm sure you'll make it as you ever did :D !

On both my legacy BIOS systems, Enoch r2760/2761 is able to boot the El Capitan GM USB Installer made with either createinstallmedia method or the old "BaseSystem.dmg" restore method.

Settings used

• Boot flag -v
  • FakeSMC + VoodooPS2Controller kexts in /E/E,
  • o.c.b.plist
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GenerateCStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GeneratePStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>1440x900x32</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Instant Menu</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Theme</key>
    <string>Default</string>
    <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
    <string>3</string>
</dict>
</plist>
  • kernel.plist
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>KernelBooter_kexts</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>KernelPm</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>KernelLapicError</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>KernelLapicVersion</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>KernelHasswell</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>KernelcpuFamily</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>KernelSSE3</key>
    <string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Also had success booting OSX 10.7.5 --> 10.11 GM and their associated Recovery Partitions :thumbsup_anim:.

(Although I had reboots with r2760/2761 and Snow Leopard 10.6.7.  Bronya's r2716 is OK with SL).

@polyzargone,

If you use Clover's boot1f32alt (installed in the USB EFI partition) to chainload to Chameleon's second stage "boot1" file placed in the EFI, try also copying the /Extra folder with kernel.plist & E/E folder into the EFI.  I think your problem maybe that instead of reading kernel.plist in the /Extra folder on your HFS+ partitions, it is looking for kernel.plist in /Extra on the EFI boot partition.

This is what I have in the EFI of my dual booter Clover/Chameleon El Cap GM Installer...

post-846696-0-66825600-1442841176_thumb.png

• Like 2

Thanks for help fusion71au (as usual :D).

I'll try that ASAP.

I tried all possible methods regarding of the creation process and also tried MBR or GUID.

But you're correct, I didn't tried to place Extra folder in both EFI and root when using Clover + Enoch on the same disk yet.

But the point here is that it doesn't explain why I had no success either using solely Enoch on an MBR USB pen. I mean, this should have worked that way since there's no reason that Enoch could have a problem finding files in Extra ?

And your org.chameleon.Boot.plist and kernel.plist are very very similar if not the same for my kernel.plist and with little differences in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist :

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Boot Banner</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
	<string>103</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-v</string>
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<string>/Extra/SMBios.plist</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

As you can see, I use 103 where you use 3 but I guess this is the same, correct ?

Note that if I don't set UseKernelCache to Yes, the installer won't boot at all :wacko:.

Anyway, I'll try since there's no reason others can where I totally fail :P.

But the point here is that it doesn't explain why I had no success either using solely Enoch on an MBR USB pen. I mean, this should have worked that way since there's no reason that Enoch could have a problem finding files in Extra ?

Sir, I asked for a picture of the kernel panic... no magician here :P

Here no problem to read any kernel.plist file... and anyway if you look at #3466 (boot file I posted), you can also wrote "KernelBooter_kexts=Yes" at boot time.. (so no matter the kernel.plist is read or not).

Well not tested on a MBR formatted stick, but tried with GPT+hfs? 

Also had success booting OSX 10.7.5 --> 10.11 GM and their associated Recovery Partitions :thumbsup_anim:.

(Although I had reboots with r2760/2761 and Snow Leopard 10.6.7.  Bronya's r2716 is OK with SL).

Thanks for testing. :)

In my branch can now boot all kind of installers (made by the app too), no matter were the "Install OS X .... .app" reside (also on a backup inside multiple subfolders :lol: .. instead of /Applications).. Enoch will find it and boot it, using only its kernelcache/prelinked.

A test version soon (is ready but I'm fighting with gettex end .po files ).. because new Installer can wrote the kernel.plist..

About Snow Leopard crazybirdy (thx) has found the commit were the problem reside, ....only no time to look into this  (a lot of code for new functionalities between)... but will be fixed.

Anyone here tried nvram csr-active-config=%80%00%00%00 (or that value in config.plist) because csr_init() checks for this value.

Later I'll test for you using Clover ...need to download and setup it

• Like 1

Recovery

post-674334-0-76680500-1442960747_thumb.png

rebooted

post-674334-0-01395200-1442960805_thumb.png

but actually I had CsrActiveConfig=67 in ocBp

Sorry to not have still tested the csr-active-config=%80%00%00%00 in Clover, really no opportunity to do this today for some reasons... and even now, I go to bed (I'm on bed) ...sorry

EDIT

I'm on 10.11.1 but my Recovery comes from 10.11 GM candidate I guess

Ha!  Bingo, rebooted in the Recovery HD I cannot longer set nothing as before:

post-674334-0-69544400-1442964120_thumb.png

...and thanks for the info  :)

goodnight, my eyes are closing themselves

EDIT
Now I understand why someone told me that nvram is needed as well for not normal boot (Recovery and Installer)

@polyzargone,

If you use Clover's boot1f32alt (installed in the USB EFI partition) to chainload to Chameleon's second stage "boot1" file placed in the EFI, try also copying the /Extra folder with kernel.plist & E/E folder into the EFI.  I think your problem maybe that instead of reading kernel.plist in the /Extra folder on your HFS+ partitions, it is looking for kernel.plist in /Extra on the EFI boot partition.

Thanks for pointing out that. Actually, my problem was that the Extra folder was both at the root of the Installer and also in the ESP. Deleting the one in the root did the trick and I had no more issues :D.

@Micky1979

Apologies, it was my mistake from the beginning. I've restarted from scratch and made 2 USB sticks. One with GUID partition scheme and Clover chainloading Enoch that works perfect now I realized that I only need one Extra folder in the ESP and one with MBR partition scheme and Enoch that also works fine.

I guess I really messed up somewhere with my previous attempts :P.

Keeping it simple is the key and I'll stop trying to mix bootoaders on the same disk :blush:.

Anyway, thanks for help.

PS : Huh, is this a bug of El Capitan or something else ? I don't have this with Clover :wacko: :

fb5fea32-807a-434b-8b18-bbb70025228c.jpg

• Like 2

Ha! &nbsp;Bingo, rebooted in the Recovery HD I cannot longer set nothing as before:

attachicon.gifBingo.png

...and thanks for the info :)

goodnight, my eyes are closing themselves

EDIT

Now I understand why someone told me that nvram is needed as well for not normal boot (Recovery and Installer)

Thank you for the confirmation. You know. My remarks and question usually lead to something so stay tuned ;)

EDIT

BOOM!

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2015/09/23/another-one-bites-the-dust/

• Like 1

Guys this is a new "test" version:Removed (new r2770 in the Download section by ErmaC)

It's a package Installer containing latest changes for the boot file, but also for the installer itself (can write the kernel.plist) 

What's new:

Use of the Darwin kernel version instead of the OS version to make patches.

Boot all vanilla installers made by the "Install OSX xxx .app"

KernelHasswel option renamed to KernelHaswell

About booting installer:

changes (should) allow Enoch to find and boot installer made with no createinstallermedia method also, i.e. when you open for example "Install OS X El Capitan GM Candidate.app", choose the target volume and wait for restart.

Well tested with "Install Mac OS X Lion.app", "Install OS X Mountain Lion.app" and "Install OS X El Capitan GM Candidate.app".

e.g. I create an installer for El Capitan running 10.7.5, targeting a partition containing 10.10.2. The "Install OS X El Capitan GM Candidate.app" was in my backup disk (/Volumes/Dati/App/New/). When the process finished I have rebooted and I had to select "/Volumes/Dati" (because the installer is made in the partition where the app was), the Upgrade was done automatically .. and now I'm writing from that "El Capitan". Sure most of you have the app in /Applications/ ...so you have to boot the OS partition..

TODO:

• mark that partition as Installer at the GUI...need two new icons
  • fix Snow Leopard issue

Please test

NOTE: Installer is marked as unstable to prevent users to upload it elsewere.

post-674334-0-23529200-1443024043_thumb.png

Why? we need testers, please report here and don't share not totally tested code!

Later ErmaC can build a new package for all if all is ok!

Thanks

Edited by Micky1979
package removed. New installer in the Download Section
  • Like 3