Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I tested with the 2737 version at El Capitan (DP3), it works without rootless = 0, it takes 2 consecutive restart to have a stable opening EL CAPITAN.
After watching this air of stuck after AppleCredentialManager / AppleCredentialManager-74 / AppleCredentialManager / AppleCredentialManager.cpp, line 765
and FakeSMC: 13 preconfigured keys added.
Note that since this is the DP3 on 2731,2732,2734,2736,2737 versions.
The transition to the DP3 (15A216g) would rather the cause.
Thank you.

• Like 1

Update:

Enoch 2737 with latest SVN commits + Pike's changes.

-> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/71-enoch/

ErmaC

Test with 1095+10104+11db3.

No more rootless=0 and kext-dev-mode=1 in 11dp3. :thumbsup_anim:

Still injected kext-dev-mode=1 in 10104.

Nothing injected in 1095.

If someone still injected rootless=0 and kext-dev-mode=1 in El Capitan,

check /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist first. (Kext Utility 2.6.2~2.6.4 problem) :)

• Like 1

Still injected kext-dev-mode=1 in 10104.

Thx crazybirdy...

For OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) kext-dev-mode=1 is OK because is auto injected for this OS X version.

ErmaC

• Like 2

Thx Pike, it works!

What if you don't have anything under Kernel Flags? What do you see in IORegistryExplorer?

BTW: You can add one or more of the other flags, like CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_FS to get full write access or CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_DTRACE so that sudo dtrace -l | grep fbt works.

Also. There is a special booter mode (for installers). For this you set kBootArgsFlagCSRBoot instead of kBootArgsFlagCSRActiveConfig and then you can set csrActiveConfig to 0 and still have all access and your kext loaded.

I also used chflags restricted, hidden boot so that nobody can replace the booter. I also did this for /Extra

• Like 4

Sorry for the OT..

Hello Pike, I can not show you anything because right now I'm at the airport of Fiumicino in Rome waiting for flight to Barcelona with my friends (very crazy friends  :lol: ). 

There we expect a rented a car  (I have not the driving license yet ... I will soon), my friends do not know what is an hakintosh... but by chance and if there is possibility, it would be nice to offer you a glass of Sangre de Toro (one of the best, or Italian too). I know you live in Spain ... if you're not very far ...maybe I can  :)

• Like 1

You may consider adding a check for 'kext-dev-mode' in com.apple.Boot.plist to set CSR_ALLOW_UNTRUSTED_KEXTS if found. Another thing you could do is to add a key press check to set all rights, like rootless=0 does, so that people can boot with additional privileges and mess with their files.

• Like 2

Is the Chameleon bootloader (2.3svn-r2716) now only available in .pkg format? I can't seem to locate the manual (-r2716-i386.zip) install version of the package? 

Pacifist.app then extract the standalone/i386 directory from the .pkg to wherever you want it. And since I am posting noticed that the version 2700 at least does not show the brand/serial number of my ram associated with the second socket in my z800 in the bdmesg output, first socket is fine and all ram is detected/used by the system. Should it?

You may consider adding a check for 'kext-dev-mode' in com.apple.Boot.plist to set CSR_ALLOW_UNTRUSTED_KEXTS if found. Another thing you could do is to add a key press check to set all rights, like rootless=0 does, so that people can boot with additional privileges and mess with their files.

Thx Pike for the advice.

I'm busy here... But I try to take a look a this too soon...

ErmaC

TEST:

Rev 2739.

I implement the LZVN packed Logo and Clut from macosxbootloader (Thx Pike)

Also from the Chameleon SVN trunk 2738 the Legacy Logo is enabled by default

To see the BlackMode add the BlackMode=Yes to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>BlackMode</key>
    <string>Yes</string>

The other needed condition is the OS X version: Yosemite and up!

boot_r2739_TEST.zip

Let me Know.

ErmaC

• Like 3

Normal ?

Thx for test it...

No is not normal... I will take a look at this when I can...

BTW is a step to complete the feature...

NOW also Chameleon have the BlackLogo feature (not full or complete of course) but in the correct way...

ErmaC

• Like 1

Thanks for this :D

I test the BlackMode  :) Nice but no progressing bar for me   :P

Normal ? El Capitan Beta  Public 2

Hi Chris, Do you have any issues upgrading from public beta 1 to public beta 2 using latest enoch branch? i am having issue, please see my post in Post Installation section of el capitan. Maybe you are familiar with the issue i am experiencing. thanks

TEST:

Rev 2739.

I implement the LZVN packed Logo and Clut from macosxbootloader (Thx Pike)

Also from the Chameleon SVN trunk 2738 the Legacy Logo is enabled by default

To see the BlackMode add the BlackMode=Yes to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>BlackMode</key>
    <string>Yes</string>

The other needed condition is the OS X version: Yosemite and up!

attachicon.gifboot_r2739_TEST.zip

Let me Know.

ErmaC

Legacy Logo works fine with 1095+10104+1011db4

post-61100-0-61981900-1437910859_thumb.jpg

BlackMode=Yes works fine with 10104+1011db4 :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

post-61100-0-85444100-1437910874_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hello,

I had the same problem ... I had to go from Enoch to Clover and now I am able to start again.
I seems that this is a Enoch problem  :( .
P.

Someone from chameleon usb thread got to upgrade successfully using chameleon enoch boot loader, i am wondering what setting or configurations that needs to be done in order for a successful beta 2 update. I am experimenting now, but had not been able to successfully boot the beta 2 on enoch boot loader.

Someone from chameleon usb thread got to upgrade successfully using chameleon enoch boot loader, i am wondering what setting or configurations that needs to be done in order for a successful beta 2 update. I am experimenting now, but had not been able to successfully boot the beta 2 on enoch boot loader.

Pls post here your org.chameleon.Boot.plist and also your smbios.plist with out your private serial (pls remove from it serial numbers)

Also from where you try to boot? Directly from HDisk (chameleon/Enoch on it) or from Usb (preferred method)

Your Fakesmc.kext where is located? ( I use it in Extra/Extensions)

ErmaC

Ps I'm going to move related off topic post in a proper and better location