Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

It's downloadable opening Ares.app->Enoch  you cannot see it?

r2824: attachicon.gifboot.zip

Thanks for such a great Mac OS boot-loader (Enoch v.2829) which can boot MacOS 10.12  successfully for my hackintosh now.

Before this I can only use Clover to boot it.

• Like 1

Updates are frequent lately ;) .. same as r2824 + something by ErmaC

However there is a bug of this 2824/2829 version for my hackintosh:

It can boot successfully with kernelcache, but -f can not load kexts in /S/L/E or /E/E.

So I must apply previous 2795 version to load kexts and complete its kernelcache at present.

I don't know anyone else had the same trouble as mine ?

However there is a bug of this 2824/2829 version for my hackintosh:

It can boot successfully with kernelcache, but -f can not load kexts in /S/L/E or /E/E.

So I must apply previous 2795 version to load kexts and complete its kernelcache at present.

I don't know anyone else had the same trouble as mine ?

Same issue, -f doesn't work with 10.11.5, but works fine with 10.10.5 and 10.12.db1.

Guys I've updated Enoch to r2830, downloadable with Pandora->Ares. Tested in 10.7.5, 10.10.5, 10.11.6 and 10.12. Here is now ok.

Can you report back? if it's ok I will turn the change to Ermac.

BTW was my Typo (an incredible typo :P )

• Like 2

Guys I've updated Enoch to r2830, downloadable with Pandora->Ares. Tested in 10.7.5, 10.10.5, 10.11.6 and 10.12. Here is now ok.

Can you report back? if it's ok I will turn the change to Ermac.

BTW was my Typo (an incredible typo :P )

Boot with -f to load /E/E/kexts, works fine here with 10.6.8, 10.7.5, 10.8.5, 10.9.5, 10.10.5, 10.11.5, 10.12.db1 which need kernel patch.

:thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Added @Sherlocks patches (working kernelPM+KernelLapicError in Sierra)

Yeh !!! 

Works very good  ( ASRock rack C602 S 2011 / 3930k ). Many thanks !!  :thumbsup_anim:

Clover no works for me 

HD 4650 / 512 works very good !!   :hysterical:

post-1093405-0-70582100-1466374027_thumb.png

• Like 1

@crazybirdy a new test (if you want):

• usb pen drive with Enoch r2830 installed.
  • Extra folder with /Extra/Extensions/Common and /Extra/Extensions/10.12 (or also 10.10 etc), kexts inside.
  • No kexts inside /Extra/Extensions/ if not inside mentioned directories.
  • As a test, you should not have any other Extra on the root of the partition you want to boot.

Please report

PS (started working on your request... we will see the result....)

• Like 2

@crazybirdy a new test (if you want):

• usb pen drive with Enoch r2830 installed.
  • Extra folder with /Extra/Extensions/Common and /Extra/Extensions/10.12 (or also 10.10 etc), kexts inside.
  • No kexts inside /Extra/Extensions/ if not inside mentioned directories.
  • As a test, you should not have any other Extra on the root of the partition you want to boot.

Please report

PS (started working on your request... we will see the result....)

Used: booter-build-time 2016-06-19 16:28:36 Enoch booter-version 2830

No lucky with 2830 to load kexts as you said, didn't load FakeSMC.kext, can't get to desktop.

ps: can't upload pictures, get failed error.

still none in trunk/ErmaC branch?

You can get the Enoch version from download sec. with kernel.plist function.

In my opinion,

I think, it's not necessary to publish to svn, that keeps Enoch unique. :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

ps: trunk can still boot 10.12 with prelinkedkernel or patched kernel.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi, anyone got NvidiaWeb drivers loaded with Sierra final?

Seems that  nvda_drv=1 not working anymore :(

Clover has some changes and use new way to get it working

Got it fixed using the nvram ... dlib (in /Extra/modules) plus the NvramFile.kext (in /L/E) and setting sudo  nvram nvda_drv=1.

EDIT:

After installing both, the .dlib in /EXTRA/modules and the .kext in /L/E ( i think it is enough, better to install it only in /L/E , for me works in El Capitan und Sierra this way),

nothing change and no .plist was created. So i thougth it didnt work - but was i wrong :)

Because the new nvram.xxxxxxxx.plist in /Extra will only (first time) created  if you change or add something in the nvram by sudo nvram nvda_drv=1 ( sudo nvram variable value) for example.

After that reboot again and now the both "plugins" read the .plist at boottime and set the nvram values read from that .plist.

i uploaded the used and working set (El Captitan version):

FileNVRAM_El_Capitan for chameleon.zip

• Like 2

Got it fixed using the nvram ... dlib (in /Extra/modules) plus the NvramFile.kext (in /L/E) and setting sudo  nvram nvda_drv=1.

Before this post I can only use Clover v.3763 to get it working.

I have added FileNVRAM.dylib in /Extra/modules and NvramFile.kext (in both /S/L/E & /L/E)

Caution: these should be correct versions from El capitan (not working from Yosemite's)

then set sudo  nvram nvda_drv=1 in Terminal

It will create a new nvram.xxxxxxxx.plist in /Extra

After reboot by Enoch r2839 the newest Nvidia Web Drivers working now !

Thank you very much for such an advice.

Edited by jsl
  • Like 1

Sorry but that is not bootloader related. I mean, you cannot pretend that any backup software save and restore the boot sector writed on your original disk, so that is normal, really no way.

Actually, that's not really true. Mac, or should I say; BSD, provides a complete backup solution that will backup everything -- yes; even your "boot", as well as the "EFI" partition. Please have a look at dump, and restore eg; man dump, or man restore.

For example, I have only one single hard drive on my AMD hackintosh. From a terminal window, if I issue

ls /dev/ | grep disk

it returns

disk0
disk0s1
disk0s2
rdisk0
rdisk0s1
rdisk0s2

The only ones I'm interested in are those that begin with disk, which I can dump to an external USB drive, or another interal drive, if I have another one available. By simply booting to single user mode. I can then later either restore these partitions, or simply restore them to an entirely different disk, effectively cloning the original installation. Please also see the mount command, as it will also be a necessary part of the operation.

If I can find the time, I'll write an entire dump && restore session. It's an amazingly short, and simple operation. :)

All the best to you.

--Chris

good.

Actually, that's not really true. Mac, or should I say; BSD, provides a complete backup solution that will backup everything -- yes; even your "boot", as well as the "EFI" partition. Please have a look at dump, and restore eg; man dump, or man restore.

For example, I have only one single hard drive on my AMD hackintosh. From a terminal window, if I issue

ls /dev/ | grep disk

it returns

disk0
disk0s1
disk0s2
rdisk0
rdisk0s1
rdisk0s2

The only ones I'm interested in are those that begin with disk, which I can dump to an external USB drive, or another interal drive, if I have another one available. By simply booting to single user mode. I can then later either restore these partitions, or simply restore them to an entirely different disk, effectively cloning the original installation. Please also see the mount command, as it will also be a necessary part of the operation.

If I can find the time, I'll write an entire dump && restore session. It's an amazingly short, and simple operation. :)

All the best to you.

--Chris

Hi Chris. You confirm what I said: not bootloader related, plus  the "boot" file is not what we were talking about, that is the easy part and also Carbon Copy Cloner is able to backup it (since is only a file on the filesystem)..

so you have to re-write the partition boot sector and the mbr. That was the problem, and they cannot be transplanted on any other disk w/o destroy the existing partition map on the destination:

in fact you can use dd (see man dd), to make a clone of any disk (to restore the backup you have to destroy everythings..) but the disk will be bootable also.

and If you are able to boot into single user mode, why not log-in instead and reinstall it with the package installer that is more easy?

Before this post I can only use Clover v.3763 to get it working.

I have added FileNVRAM.dylib in /Extra/modules and NvramFile.kext (in both /S/L/E & /L/E)

Caution: these should be correct versions from El capitan (not working from Yosemite's)

then set sudo  nvram nvda_drv=1 in Terminal

It will create a new nvram.xxxxxxxx.plist in /Extra

After reboot by Enoch r2839 the newest Nvidia Web Drivers working now !

Thank you very much for such an advice.

Thanks.

I edited my post ( some above) and uploaded the NVRAM set (chameleon)  for El Capitan+ (works also in Sierra) and how it works.

Because of no information about how it works, i missed the generated .plist at first boot after adding the NVRAM set.

But it gets created only after adding some nvram value with sudo nvram variable value - that was nowhere documented :)

• Like 1

Thanks.

I edited my post ( some above) and uploaded the NVRAM set (chameleon)  for El Capitan+ (works also in Sierra) and how it works.

Because of no information about how it works, i missed the generated .plist at first boot after adding the NVRAM set.

But it gets created only after adding some nvram value with sudo nvram variable value - that was nowhere documented :)

Unfortunately it works for Asus Z87 with GTX-980 or GTX-960 in 10.12.1, but not working for Asus X99 with GTX-960.

Applied the same method and files no lucky for X99 with GTX-960 yet !

Hope someone can solve it as soon as possible.

I think it's related to incompatibility of X99A/USB 3.1 MB instead of Nvidia GTX-9xx cards or Nvidia Web Drivers.

Edited by jsl

Unfortunately it works for Asus Z87 with GTX-980 in 10.12.1, but not working for Asus X99 with GTX-960.

Applied the same method and files no lucky for X99 with GTX-960 yet !

Hope someone can solve it as soon as possible.

Can you test this and provide the bdmesg log?

Thx

ErmaC

Can you test this and provide the bdmesg log?

attachicon.gifEnoch_2840_TEST_boot.zip

Thx

ErmaC

Hi, ErmaC:

Thanks for your prompt reply.

However booting with this new 2840 version failed in two Hackintosh:

in X99A: after booting it will freeze with blank screen.

in P6TSE: after showing [ACPI Patching] it will instantly reboot.

Can you (or someone else) fix it ?

I think it's due to X99A's incompatibility to FileNVRAM function.