Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

@crazybirdy I made two build (boot1 e boot2), please test both in Snow with all your ".mkext" as you are usual.  Then test on Mavericks.

Thanks

Mavericks works fine without -f as attached, same as 1075.

bdmesg.zip

But Snow still gets reboot with boo1, boot2, with -f or without -f, and I can see the string as below, same as 10411, 1058.

Booting on OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
        0 substitution(s) made.

So for Mavericks we have solved, good!

Ok, for Snow is another story, since all should be Vanilla (0 substitution made is wanted). By chance you can try (on Snow only) to install the KernelPather.dilyb and see if work?

Another question (nothing to do with this patch), you have a GPT installation somewhere, e.g. for Yosemite or El Capitan?

EDIT

Thanks a lot!

• Like 1

So for Mavericks we have solved, good!

Ok, for Snow is another story, since all should be Vanilla (0 substitution made is wanted). By chance you can try (on Snow only) to install the KernelPather.dilyb and see if work?

Another question (nothing to do with this patch), you have a GPT installation somewhere, e.g for Yosemite or El Capitan?

EDIT

Thanks a lot!

Yes,

I use a GPT HDD to install with 10411, 1058, 1068, 1075, 1085, 1095, 10105, 1011db8 for test only,

and another MBR HDD to install with XP, Win10, 1095, 10105 for daily use.

Sure, the kernel patch topic is done, I think.

The Snow reboot things should be something wrong between svn Enoch 2755 and download sec. 2758.

Anyway, kernel patch included in Chameleon code should be more useful in the future, such as hp lapic, haswell xcpm. :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Nice job!! :yes: :yes:

crazybirdy

Anyway, kernel patch included in Chameleon code should be more useful in the future, such as hp lapic, haswell xcpm. :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Nice job!! :yes: :yes:

already there..and working....and more ;)

Yes,

I use a GPT HDD to install with 10411, 1058, 1068, 1075, 1085, 1095, 10105, 1011db8 for test only,

and another MBR HDD to install with XP, Win10, 1095, 10105 for daily use.

I send you a PM ^_^ , 1 minutes.. EDIT sent!

• Like 1

Hi guys, I was having strange issues with the kernel that loaded the kext from /extra/extensions/

Random system reboots, more usb issues and VmWare Fusion not working having this error: "Impossibile recuperare le dimensioni della zona kernel"

Now with fakesmc back to S/L/E and without the kernel everything is back to normal...

(on 10.11 pb6)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys I have an unusual request:

I need all Info.plist file coming from Install Mac OS X Lion.app and Install OS X Mountain Lion.app, ie its Info.plist located for example at:
Install Mac OS X Lion.app/Contents/Info.plist

I own the apps for 10.7 and 10.7.5, so I need 10.7.1, 10.7.2, 10.7.3 and 10.7.4

About ML I have 10.8, 10.8.3, 10.8.4 and 10.8.5, so I need info.plist from 10.8.1 and 10.8.2 apps

Please help me,  :) You can have it in some backups you have (is important)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT

crazybirdy found 10.8.2 version (thanks)

crazybirdy Found all missing files :thumbsup_anim: 

• Like 1

Guys I have an unusual request:

I need all Info.plist file coming from Install Mac OS X Lion.app and Install OS X Mountain Lion.app, ie its Info.plist located for example at:

Install Mac OS X Lion.app/Contents/Info.plist

I own the apps for 10.7 and 10.7.5, so I need 10.7.1, 10.7.2, 10.7.3 and 10.7.4

About ML I have 10.8, 10.8.3, 10.8.4 and 10.8.5, so I need info.plist from 10.8.1 and 10.8.2 apps

Please help me,  :) You can have it in some backups you have (is important)

EDIT

crazybirdy found 10.8.2 version (thanks)

OK, I found all of the others you need from my HD & DVDs as attached. :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Info.zip

• Like 1

Tonight we publish here a new test revision

With a lot of new features...

Stay tuned...

ErmaC

new features :

I need a new function in your Bootloader.

In Fstab there is the possibility volumes under Yosemite to hide. Is it possible this function in the Bootloader to integrate to change (without to change the the fstab file)?

Possibly only the volume designation could be changed temporarly under Yosemite, thus Yosemite would not find/would show the volume/partitions any longer.

I have the situation that I have 5 Hard disk installed,these am in approx. 10 partitions divided. Under Yosemite I would like to naturally see not all partitions.

Can you integrate this function in chameleon?

Thanks

but can hiding a partition

you can see the function from a old Bootloader (Windows) http://www.boot-us.com/functions.htm

• True hiding of partitions especially for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/8/10 (with Boot-US 1.5.0).

The Bootloader changes the partition table and thus is neither from Linux or from Windows for that access possible, property the Bootloader still in the use

A new revision is out. (2760) -> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/71-enoch/

New features added:

• Better OSX detection, also the middle step are taked in account like 10.9.5 and not only (previusly) 10.9
  • Boot from RecoveryHD (Credits to Micky1979)
  • Boot from Installer created with "createinstallmedia" (Credits to Micky1979)
  • AMD c1e fix (Credits to Bronya)
  • Embedded KernelPatcher: more info coming soon... (credits to meklort, Clover Team, Micky1979, ErmaC and Bronya)
    How to use the embedded Kernel Patcher:
    - In order to activate the patcher you need to create a new plist file inside the Extra folder with the name kernel.plist
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    	<key>KernelBooter_kexts</key>
    	<string>Yes</string>
    	<key>KernelPm</key>
    	<string>Yes</string>
    	<key>KernelLapicError</key>
    	<string>Yes</string>
    	<key>KernelLapicVersion</key>
    	<string>No</string>
    	<key>KernelHasswell</key>
    	<string>No</string>
    	<key>KernelcpuFamily</key>
    	<string>No</string>
    	<key>KernelSSE3</key>
    	<string>No</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    KernelBooter_kexts: starting from Yosemite 10.10.5 is not possible load kext from Extra/Extensions with this patch the feature is avaiable again... also for El Capitan!
    KernelPm: ...info here...
    KernelLapicError: ...info here...
    KernelLapicVersion: ...info here...
    KernelHasswell: ...info here...
    KernelcpuFamily: ...info here...
    KernelSSE3: ...info here...
    you will see new info about the computed operation in the bdmesg
    [ KERNEL PATCHER START ]
    	- Searching for booter extensions pattern.
    		Found Yosemite pattern, patched!
    		1 substitution(s) made.
    	- Looking for Lapic panic call Start
    		Found Yosemite Lapic panic at 0x0021e5e7
    		Lapic Error call removed.
    Kernel has successfully patched.
  • El Capitan is fully supported

- ALL THIS FEATURE ARE IN VERY BETA STAGE -

A special thanks go to crazybirdy for all his test and suggestion... thx crazybirdy

ErmaC

• Like 10

ErmaC:

Thanks again for this excellent new version of Chameleon !

It's the only one version can boot 10.11GM in my Hackintoshs after adding kernel.plist in /Extra.

One tiny bug is unable to show GUI=Yes mode and defect dispaly of GUI=No in most of my display cards, e.g. AMD 6870, Intel HD 4600, Nvidia GTX 980, etc.

But it's just cosmetic inconvenience for me.

The abnormal and normal display are shown below:

post-70188-0-69940300-1442051609_thumb.jpg

post-70188-0-52344100-1442051651_thumb.jpg

Edited by jsl
  • Like 1

The black mode boot isn't working anymore with this release...  :P

But everything is okay with the latest El Capitan GM! 

If you can boot by Chameleon for El Capitan GM, can you show me what version used and its boot argument or org.chameleon.Boot.plist ?

I can only boot by Clover v.3253 at present.

[solved]

The latest version with /Extra/kernel.plist can boot 10.11GM now.

Edited by jsl
  • Like 1

Hi ErmaC,

Good news for new features added, but this new boot file seems not loading /Extra/Kernel.plist.

Test with /E/E/FakeSMC.kext, and keep /S/L/E untouched, -v didn't load FakeSMC, and -v -f stopped as pics, FYI. :)

post-61100-0-04334800-1441979006_thumb.jpg

post-61100-0-68343200-1441978134_thumb.jpg

[udpate]

works fine now as #3421.

Hi crazybirdy..... we made the Kernel.plist "low case string" ---> kernel.plist  :P

try it should work..

ErmaC:
Thanks again for this excellent new version of Chameleon !
It's the only one version can boot 10.11GM in my Hackintoshs after adding kernel.plist in /Extra.
One tiny bug is unable to show GUI=Yes mode and defect dispaly of GUI=No in most of my display cards, e.g. AMD 6870, Intel HD 4600, Nvidia GTX 980, etc.
But it's just cosmetic inconvenience for me.

Can you make a photo/video of your problem? not sure I've understand....

and sorry if I'm not ErmaC :P

• Like 1

Hi crazybirdy..... we made the Kernel.plist "low case string" ---> kernel.plist  :P

try it should work.

I test it again with /Extra/kernel.plist, but it still doesn't work, I don't why.

Is it possible that some code is lost? :w00t:

Waiting for someone else's feedback with -v -f under 10.11. :yes:

[update]

works fine now as #3421.

Hey guys, when I boot with the kext injected i've this issue in VmWare, when booted without the kernel.plist and kexts in S/L/E VmWare runs without any error...

Unable to retrieve kernel zone sizes.

5nt6dj.png

Hi  JahStories && crazybirdy !

No problem for vmware. I modified and try my boot with Kernel.plist ! 

boot_chameleon -> attachicon.gifChameleon_2716_Bronzovka.zip

Hi Bronya,

I found the problem, it always loads the active partition's /Extra/Kernel.plist with MBR.

I have so many OSes in my HDD such as 10.4.11, 10.5.8,....10.10.5, 10.11.GM to test something.

And I put /Extra/Kernel.plist to the 10.11.GM partition [0,8] only before, now it works fine with the active partition's /Extra/Kernel.plist [0,10] with both download sec. Enoch r2760 and your r2716 as attached. :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

That's fine, it needs the same settings of Kernel.plist for all OS X versions with the same CPU+MB, I think. :)

bdmesg.zip

• Like 3