Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

I'll tell you guys, I have been trying to use the new release, and only the 354 release actually works the best with the AC/Battery on the laptop.

I am not sure why, doesn't make sense actually.

bad: battery is getting low, i plug the AC power, bam. KP.

or, the opposite, works fine, i need to go outside with my laptop, i unplug it, bam KP.

For both scenarios, it doesn't happen all the time, but if i try to switch, 2 or 3 times, it will do it.

the only version where i can do it, a lot more, (maybe up to 15, 20 times) is with an older release v 354 i believe. So i keep this one still after i play with the latest latest.

Any idea why?

Should i disable my personal DSDT to test the new chameleon releases maybe?

i am not sure, please help if you have any ideas.

Thank you!

rednous already answered this. There is an instruction on how to download latest trunk of chameleon at the first page.

I succeed to do the first part ( get eveything in my "CHAM-pack" folder)

but how do you compile ? (make pkg) ??

I succeed also to make a pkg with packagemaker (but non sense without compiling)

( ex.) to make from this

chameleon - Revision 565: /trunk/i386/boot0

one bootO file !

Thanks for reply

Is anyone else besides me have the BOOT and Extra folder in the EFI partition?

I already know the advantage to having it this way but what are the disadvantages to installing it this way?

I already know you have to mount the EFI before you edit any file in that partition but I don't see this as a disadvantage.

Is it possible that having the boot in the EFI could cause unforseen issues in the boot process such as more random kernel panics or scripts not running correctly?

Thanks

Is anyone else besides me have the BOOT and Extra folder in the EFI partition?

I already know the advantage to having it this way but what are the disadvantages to installing it this way?

I already know you have to mount the EFI before you edit any file in that partition but I don't see this as a disadvantage.

Is it possible that having the boot in the EFI could cause unforseen issues in the boot process such as more random kernel panics or scripts not running correctly?

Thanks

Yep :)

Disadvantages ?! Why disadvantages, as far as i know, having everything on a separate EFI-part

is the greatest advantage of all :D

I have been running 100% vanilla, both Leopard and Snow Leopard (GPT/EFI) for an year already

and have not yet seen a single kernel panic since :P

I think you worry too much :)

@MacFanatic76,

Thanks for replying.

The post below is what brought about the question. I know its just an opinion but I was curious as to what might happen if it were installed this way. Scrax did say IHO he would not do it that way. That is the main reason why I am concerned.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1553381

On a real mac, is there anything on that partition?

The post below is what brought about the question. I know its just an opinion but I was curious as to what might happen if it were installed this way. Scrax did say IHO he would not do it that way. That is the main reason why I am concerned.

There is nothing to concern about using the EFI partition as your boot partition. It much cleaner this way. It is not going to caused any harm to MBR or hard disk or your notebook. If you're going to have dual-boot or triple-boot with windows and/or linux, you will need to plan how you're going to setup your boot loader. Even if you messed up the MBR, for example you can't boot to windows 7, you can always repair it by using windows 7 installation disc (using built-in diskpart tool). Also, there is nothing wrong if you decided to install boot loader to Mac OS X partition instead of EFI partition. :angel:

questa è bellissima: ho 2 hard disk, uno usb su cui faccio il backup di tutto il sistema e le prove per le nuove modifiche. Quindi configurazione identica, applicando il nuovo boot loader con le stesse opzioni di attivazione del p-state e del c-state e del ssdt e force hpet accade quanto segue: su quello usb non mi mostra più il messaggio di boot di warning su LPC e sui C-state non attivi, ma sorpresa delle sorprese, Voodoomonitor mi mostra la frequenza del processore fisso a 540 e qualcosa mhz, mentre sul disco interno al notebook il messaggio permane ma voodoo monitor mostra palesemente il processore fare su e giù da 546 ai suoi picchi ad esempio aprendo photoshop. su quello usb ho provato pure a rimuovere legacy_acpi_platform etc che dovrebbe influenzare lo speedstep ma non cambia niente. Però entrambi in ioregisstry explorer mi danno cpulimit 0x0 il che dovrebbe indicare lo speedstep attivo.

In pratica dove mi da il messaggio di errore lo speedstep funziona palesemente, mentre dove non mi da il messaggio di errore si nota che qualcosa non va.... bo!?

io ho solo osx sul notebook, non è che sbaglio a selezione le opzioni di installazione partizione? io lascio quella di default perché non mi sono molto chiare le differenze. grazie

Is there a way to create a USB version of this package that it RECOGNIZES a CD in order to boot retail disc ?

No. You can only boot the retail installation DVD from a boot CD. Remember this works via swap-trick, just like booting backups on a non-modded Playstation.

If you want to boot and install retail from a USB drive you have to 'restore' the install DVD to hard drive first. You can do that with Apple Disk Utility but you'll need an OS X installation to work from.

Thanks !

After using Xcode BUILD what excat must i do to get also the .pkg ?

Must i do cd packadge and run shell buildpackadge (or advanced) ? Whats different betwenn both scripts ?

I suppose you have download the commit 169 of the Chameleon Application.

So "for now" the Advanced script is a concept idea... it is the same as buildpkg...

when the standard package (buildpkg) is been finish and tested with all standard option also tested...

maybe will be create an "advanced" version with more option and kext.

I build the package via terminal using the "official" data/files.

- for the standard/classic package, as always type make pkg

- for the advanced (this not compile for now is "disabled" in the main make) make advanced.

As the people see now the package use the system language (if is found) and most language are incomplete... we need your help for complete that...

Fabio

I've downloaded the latest posted today 3 times and I've tried to install it but at the end it give me error...can you help me?

PLS post a screen shot error..

Fabio

We need your help!!! resources file (it contain localizable.strings for each actual language.. pls traslate yours and post it)

-->

Fabio

the message is

Oct 4 15:26:12 rays-Mac-Pro installd[526]: PackageKit: Install Failed: PKG: post-install scripts for "org.chameleon.options.generatecstates"\nError Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 UserInfo=0x102091f00 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r568-Standard.pkg”." {\n NSFilePath = "./postinstall";\n NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cChameleon-2.0-RC5-r568-Standard.pkg\U201d.";\n NSURL = "#GenerateCStates.pkg -- file://localhost/Users/ray/Desktop/Chameleon_2-1/Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r568-Standard.pkg";\n PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "org.chameleon.options.generatecstates";\n}

an error while generating c-state....I've Brett's generic DSDT that active quartz but doesn't contain cpu state, I've activated speedstep using Legacy_ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin kext and by smbios.plist macbook pro 5.1...but in my dsdt there isn't the section that can conflict with cpu state....what mean this?

I always see this on the boot

03/10/10 20.48.01 kernel ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

and so I think this chameleon could solve this error

the rev 518 installed and also the other but didn't resolve this...I think it's a good thing that your version tell me the problem and doesn't ignore it...but the question is: how to solve this problem.

thanks and sorry but I don't know how made better the DSDT but I think is not important if this boot loader keep the info by itself...thank you

others info

post-297597-1286200798_thumb.jpg