Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

In my case, I've no problem at all with GE=Yes (the card works perfectly under ML, including OpenCL/CUDA), it's just an issue about the Chameleon resolution, locked to the maximum available by my vesa tables, so I suppose doing the DSDT stuff won't improve my situation, am I right?

DSDT won't load until after the Cham GUI when boot HD has been chosen. Cham's Resolution module and/or specifying res via org.c.b.plist are options if you haven't tried both already, or maybe some other VESA voodoo I don't know about/never really looked into (you don't learn some things until you have a reason too). Good luck! BTW, boot time (after boot drive chosen) is faster with GUI disabled :) (at least it is when also booting verbose, haven't booted without verbose enabled in years, so maybe boot only slower going GUI>verbose?)

In my case, I've no problem at all with GE=Yes (the card works perfectly under ML, including OpenCL/CUDA), it's just an issue about the Chameleon resolution, locked to the maximum available by my vesa tables, so I suppose doing the DSDT stuff won't improve my situation, am I right?

If you prescribe VideoBios to DSDT as I talk to you. You will be able to get rid of from GraphicsEnable=Yes. And will get nessessary resolution to you. And perhaps

It will give little advantage as "Display Sleep".(see it in Power Saver)

Only VideoBios in DSDT could start Display sleep up on my laptop.

I understand, but I've no problem at all with GraphicsEnabler, my only issue at the moment is to get chameleon (and therefore, the OSX loading screen with the spinning wheel) displayed at full 1920x1080, just like Clover does with PatchVBiosBytes :)

I understand, but I've no problem at all with GraphicsEnabler, my only issue at the moment is to get chameleon (and therefore, the OSX loading screen with the spinning wheel) displayed at full 1920x1080, just like Clover does with PatchVBiosBytes :)

Only if your card will be injected by DSDT(VideoBios), you will receive full-resolution at Chamelion. There is no another solution.

I injected vbios(aty,bin_image) by DSDT and still no full resolution at chameleon/boot screen. Nothing changed. (Radeonmonitor reports it's injected so I didn't make mistake.)

Edit: tried with UseAtiROM via boot.plist with properly named rom file, I even patched the rom file and modified the 1920x1440 vesa resolution in it to 1920x1080, but still no luck with the boot screen resolution. (I tried the resolution modifing with DSDT aty,bin_image too)

It looks like the card's vbios contains vesa resolutions that not supported by the card. Is that possible?

I injected vbios(aty,bin_image) by DSDT and still no full resolution at chameleon/boot screen. Nothing changed. (Radeonmonitor reports it's injected so I didn't make mistake.)

Edit: tried with UseAtiROM via boot.plist with properly named rom file, I even patched the rom file and modified the 1920x1440 vesa resolution in it to 1920x1080, but still no luck with the boot screen resolution. (I tried the resolution modifing with DSDT aty,bin_image too)

It looks like the card's vbios contains vesa resolutions that not supported by the card. Is that possible?

Maybe you have Extra functions which spend the RAM on. That's about it!

Look at mine, I have only USBBusFix=Yes.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/DSDT.aml</string>
<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>hd(1,1) hd(1,2) "Files" "Acer"</string>
<key>Rename Partition</key>
<string>"1082" MountainLion ;"SYSTEM RESERVED" Windows8</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>MountainLion</string>
<key>USBBusFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you have Extra functions which spend the RAM on. That's about it!

Look at mine, I have only USBBusFix=Yes.

I don't really understand what do you mean by that, but at the end of all I have this in boot plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>GUI</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1680x1050x32</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

(GUI=No is for faster bootloading, because I use Quiet Boot so I don't need any gui images to be loaded)

Made an apple logo png image with compressed width, set 1680x1050 to boot screen, and now only the spinner stretched. Atleast it's better than before :)

I don't really understand what do you mean by that, but at the end of all I have this in boot plist:

When I was upgrading my system to 10.8.3 I receive an error with GraphicEnabler=Yes called "Memory allocation... and so on"

Even with disabled theme. Although I didn't have this one(mistake) before. But I didn't go deep into deeply.

Had upgraded, with XPC and VBioS which placed in DSDT, calmly.

Hence I made supposition that Chameleon theme and his keys waste memory.(I can be wrong here)

Does anybody know chameleon has the key "slide=0"?

What you mean with key?

If you mean a "Kernel Flag" you can add it w/o problem like npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, darkwake=0, debug=0x100, debug=0x144

elsewhere until now for what I know this "key" is not present (is not coded in the source code).

Fabio

• Like 1

What you mean with key?

If you mean a "Kernel Flag" you can add it w/o problem like npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, darkwake=0, debug=0x100, debug=0x144

elsewhere until now for what I know this "key" is not present (is not coded in the source code).

Fabio

Exactly. I asked this question just to satisfy my curiosity.

If this kernel flag exists at Chameleon as well, then what for is it needed to Chameleon?

The point is that this flag is necessary for some users who use Clover or XPC. Who has the problem with loading kernel out of GUI.

At the Chameleon I think this sort of things are impossible, right?

Exactly. I asked this question just to satisfy my curiosity.

If this kernel flag exists at Chameleon as well, then what for is it needed to Chameleon?

The point is that this flag is necessary for some users who use Clover or XPC. Who has the problem with loading kernel out of GUI.

At the Chameleon I think this sort of things are impossible, right?

Alex009988

You can simply.. try?

As I say in the previus post... XPC have this "flag" coded in the source? if not and works then is a Kernel parameter not a bootloader "trick"

Fabio

Q: I buid an new disk. Prepared to have same volumes with same names as the old one.

Finder can handle such same named volumes.

As i tried to install Chameleon on it, it seams that the script has problem with that situation of same named volumes.

I can select the right volume in the install other ....

Script runs / installs, but at the middle cpu load goes to 90% and system stalled.

After that the old system volume was unbootable - i had to boot from other disk. The rights of old volume (main rights) got to none, means not eaven read rights.

I set the main rights (right click finder info on vol) back to normal. Boots again. That happens twice.

As i changed the new disk system volume name to be little different to the old disk system volume name, the install process on the new disk worked and also the old disk didnt get unbootable.

As i tried to install Chameleon on it, it seams that the script has problem with that situation of same named volumes.

Hi mitch_de

Yes, the Chameleon package installer scripts, right or wrongly, rely on volume names to identify the intended target. I would avoid using identical names for different volumes, as you may find other installers also fail if they also rely on volume names. In this situation I would recommend you install Chameleon manually.

Does anybody know chameleon has the key "slide=0"?

Hi Alex009988

AFAIK, the kernel flag stops the kernel loading into random high memory on each boot (see dmazar's post for more info). This is only required when booting Mountain Lion using an EFI boot manager (Clover/XPC) to load /System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi. Chameleon works differently so it's not a requirement in this case.

• Like 1

Don't know whether Chameleon's develepers are aware of what with high resolution, namely 1920*1080 with any theme, GraphicsEnabler=yes doesn't work.

Some error "climbs out". I see something like that "Memory allocation error" and so forth.

Works only with 1336*768 and more exactly it worked. Because when I was upgrating my system to 10.8.3, I see this mistake even with disabled theme at chmeleon. Didn't look into what the problem was exactly because I didn't have time. And my Graphics is injected by dsdt.

Post Scriptim. While I was trying to have launched my Graphic by GraphicEnabler=Yes, I used short DSDT without injecter for it.

I don't care about it. But I thought about other users.

And it is desireble to solve this little inconvinience.

Thanks for attention! :)

Hello,

Does anyone know why I have to set UseMemDetect=Yes for 10.7.5 retail Lion to properly indicate 16 GB Ram, 1600 MHz in the System Information | Hardware | Memory area? This is with the 2.2 Chameleon r2187 on a FX-8350. My sig has additional hardware details. I have added the memory details into smbios.plist and they are ignored. If booted without setting the flag yes, the System Information Memory section says, "There was a problem while gathering this information."

Thanks

Today Clover make me very very angry.

Because he detects memory worse than Chameleon(but XPC make it better)

At the last version doesn't work keyboard and touchpad(1204)

But the worst thing is what it loads DSDT not always. In other words sometimes my system loads without DSDT.

At the Chameleon I've never seen such an abominable things.

I've returned my favorite Chameleon on account of his good and dependable work!

It goes without saying that Chameleon is the quickest bootloader in the world!

Can anybody correct memory at Chameleon.

I wish it would be something like this.

I see development of chameleon was decelerated.

Memory Slots:
 ECC: Disabled
BANK 0/DIMM0:
 Size: 4 GB
 Type: DDR3
 Speed: 1066 MHz
 Manufacturer: Samsung
 Part Number: M471B5273BH1-CF8
 Serial Number: 0407080C00030600
BANK 0/DIMM1:
 Speed: 1066 MHz
 Serial Number: 0407080C0003050F

But now I see that Chameleon detects memory not quite correctly.

Memory Slots:
 ECC: Disabled
Bank 0/M1:
 Speed: 1064 MHz
 Serial Number: 478C035F
Bank 1/M2: