Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

Hi plsh2me. There is nothing to do about Chameleon 2.2svn, you need a NULLCpuPowerManagement.kext (to pass the 0xE2 MSR registers in Sandy Bridge CPUs) until patching the AICPUPM.kext (using AICPMPatch), and also is recommended to fix your DSDT or SSDT table of P-States (see this topic for more information). Another recommendation, please forget about using .kexts from /E/E, just install it all them in /S/L/E and set "UseKernelCache=Yes". Good Luck.

Hi, compiled r2152 from voodooprojects to test the HD4000 in 10.8.3 but it hangs during the injection.

Tried dirrefent iGPU RAM settings from 32-96MB in combination with Virtu MPV setting which just seems to power on the iGPU when the dedicated card is selected. No success yet.

HD4000: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0162&SUBSYS_84CA1043&REV_09

One more thing. r2152 shows a huge log scanning each extension in /S/L/E which lasts about one minute.

Is there a setting to turn off this behavior?

If i use "-v ncpi=0x2000 dart=0" at boot from command prompt everything is OK but when I put this in org.chameleon.Boot.plist loading stopped. With clean section Kernel Flags in org.chameleon.Boot.plist everything is OK.

Enoch 2151 and regular trunk 2153 has the same issue.

I report that issue at http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/issues/314/

One question, i use RealtekRTL81xx.kext (macman's realtek driver) , if i put it in s/l/e , it loads ok, but if i put it in e/e , it does not load at all, and yes, i use the kernelpatcher plugins for chameleon. FakeSMC loads, my audio driver loads and my sata driver loads ok, only the realtek kext refuses to load.

Is this behaviour normal ? i need to use it in e/e to use the internet for the first boot, without the need to boot into another OSX partition and move it to s/l/e.

Thanks.

Hello, folks!

I've been trying to make the boot screen (that gray one that has the Apple logotype with the spinning pinwheel right bellow it) to appear with the correct resolution - not the annoying stretched one, in some cases smaller than the screen resulting in an ugly black frame around the screen - but any of my attempts ended in failure. I use graphics cards that are otherwise fully working: respectively, an Ion nVidia, a G210 and a 9800 GT. How can i get them to recognize and put to the proper resolution the boot screen?

Another related question: how can i use the boot screen that's used by real macs and also by clover? It's slightly different from the one given by the "legacy logo" option because it has a bas-relief effect on the dark-gray Apple logo. I suppose it's inside boot.efi, since clover can use it, but i cannot access it and, even if i could, i wouldn't know how to put it in chameleon.

Thank you very much.

Update first post.

Now Chameleon as iMessage Fix support

Please don't upload it on other servers and don't repack it, thank you.

Please don't upload it on other servers and don't repack it, thank you.

Please not discuss here about iMessage is there a topic iMessage/Messages Fix-How To

Enjoy

Fabio

• Like 1

Hi there

I have a problem with the latest Chameleon. I'm currently using Chimera 1.11.1 and I wanted to upgrade it to the latest Chameleon version, mostly for the Messages fix. I tested both 2170 and 2171 builds (installed only the bootloader, the FileNVRAM.dylib module and the themes), but they both don't work for me, the boot process stops at the spinning circle after some time and that's all. I managed to boot my system with the 2171 Enoch branch, but I lost my HDMI audio (and I have a patch for it in my DSDT) and the HD 4000 hardware acceleration (no matter if Graphics Enabler is set to Yes or No in org.chameleon.boot.plist, I have no QE). My desktop system is in my signature, I'm running it with the iMac13.1 system definition and a custom SSDT taken from LINK-REMOVED and here's my org.chameleon.boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>LoginToLion</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

If you need some additional information, I'll provide it gladly.

Edited by ErmaC
Link removed

Try to install all chameleon files. I by myself got once a mess up by switching from chimera to chameleon. For me it seems, that one of the files is not compatible with chameleon. Could be something home cooked by ############.

Have fun.

Thanks for the tip, however it didn't worked for me. I installed manually Chameleon 2171, but the result was the same. It seems the is some kind of incompatibility with this version and my board and for now I'll stay with Chimera, at least it works. I only wanted to test the new Messages fix, which sooner or later will be incorporated in Chimera as well.

Hello there,

I have downloaded the sources to check the gam.c file for HD 4000 support. Is it fully functional or partial ? In the documentation, no mention of a required string in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist ? Just a clarification, thank you :)

PS : GE should be set to y or n for HD4000 + discrete card (8400 GS) ?

Hello, I'm having some issue with the new version. It will always boot in verbose mode. I'm dual booting with Windows 7 on a separate drive. It works fine with older version 2064 but since 2170 and the iMessage fix it will boot into verbose mode every time.

During the boot selector the verbose argument is preset. The -v is seems to be set present by default and I don't have to type that in. I have checked the chameleon.plist and don't have verbose boot. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello. On my Asus Eee 1000H in Snow Leopard does not run C-States. P-States are working perfectly. I tried to boot with the keys CSTUsingSystemIO and GenerateCStates, as well EnableC2State and EnableC4State. Please tell me how to solve this problem. Thanks.

Hello, don't know if this is the right place for suggestions, anyway, it would be hard to have something like the Clover PatchVBiosBytes, in Chameleon?

I've tried to edit my vesa table to override the maximum resolution available (1280x800) without success, but testing Clover on a USB thumbdrive with the following parameters:

<key>PatchVBiosBytes</key>

<dict>

<key>0</key>

<dict>

<key>Find</key>

<data>NC0nKJAroL+cj5a5jh8AAAA=</data>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>Fg7vn4/9AmM7N8/rQADBJAI=</data>

</dict>

<key>1</key>

<dict>

<key>Find</key>

<data>KAAZACgYCAgF</data>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>gAc4BPBCEAcF</data>

</dict>

<key>2</key>

<dict>

<key>Find</key>

<data>gg8DAQAACAQUAAAIFw==</data>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>TQEDTQEIASDAA///IA==</data>

</dict>

<key>3</key>

<dict>

<key>Find</key>

<data>QAa6sAQ=</data>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>gAe6OAQ=</data>

</dict>

</dict>

allowed me to get the Clover bootloader at full 1920x1080 native display resolution on my VGA.

I think it would be great to have something like that also in Chameleon.

Thank you :)

Hello, don't know if this is the right place for suggestions, anyway, it would be hard to have something like the Clover PatchVBiosBytes, in Chameleon?

I've tried to edit my vesa table to override the maximum resolution available (1280x800) without success, but testing Clover on a USB thumbdrive with the following parameters:

allowed me to get the Clover bootloader at full 1920x1080 native display resolution on my VGA.

I think it would be great to have something like that also in Chameleon.

Chameleon works not worse than Clover. For me I think it's better than Clover Because I must change the places of my hard disk with Clover. And the Chameleon I can install when i want.

I recommend you to put the videobios into DSDT. You should correct DisplaysVendorID(EDID). And to set up GraphicsEnabler=No.

So, It will be plus to you as you can use the max resolution in Chameleon

Well, I agree with you, for my config (I'm on a quite old P5Q-E), Chameleon at the moment works better (and it's ways faster on loading itself) than Clover.

About the videobios in DSDT, would you mind to point me to the right direction (maybe a tutorial, or just some instructions), as I have no clue at all on how to do it?

I'm just using a straight dump of DSDT from my motherboard (extracted with AIDA64 and recompiled to the AML file with DSDT Editor), plus I've also got the vbios dump itself from my GPU, because I originally tried with no luck to edit the VESA Table, and finally I ended up just removing the "non native scaling" option and reflashing on my card (and after that, I was able to verify that the PatchVBiosBytes of Clover allowed it to run on my display's native resolution)

So it would be possible to override the VESA Table (and get finally Chameleon on full 1920x1080) just messing around with the DSDT?