Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

Thanks - i used the chameleon wizard (V 4.1) to get an generated Serialnumber. I only changed that and now also the first screen of systeminfo shows MacPro :)

Apple Inc uses the serial to identify which product you're currently using :)

Never fixed my reboot loop with latest version of chameleon, im stay in rev.755 or Clover because is the best boots for my laptop...rev.755 is missing KernelCache but work very good without kernel panics, most recents revision of chameleon trunk or enoch when i shutdown or reboot my laptop i have contant reboot loops:( something is wrong and never fixed....my laptop is a compaq presario CQ200EP, chipset Intel Cantiga PM45 with NVIDIA 9200M GE. I'm not the only one having this problem... already tested different versions of the bootloader but nothing solves. I'm also using the Clover that works very well for me on Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

• 2 weeks later...

Can any one help me.

Why I have wrong fsb detection.

My CPU runs at 800/4=200MHz, but system prof. saiys 733/4=183.25. And memory runs at 615 MHz?

If I boot with clover all corect, but i need to use cham-boot (clover can't boot windows on the same partition)

Speed of CPU under cham-boot slower than clover boot (about 300 geekbench's). Why?

Any help needed. Pls!!!!!

PS

I have T9300 cpu & PM965 chipset in MB. All ok, saw in tech docs.

post-188311-0-50008400-1354020363_thumb.jpg

post-188311-0-58869900-1354020368_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I think I may have found a bug. While installing to a new partition with only OS X files and no bootloader or /Extra folder on it, the installer failed to create and write the specified settings to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. The logs show that while trying to write those settings, the error encountered was that the file was not found. Seems like the installer just needs to create the /Extra folder and a blank org.chameleon.Boot.plist file if those do not exist yet.

Hi.

Thanks for reply.

1 What log says?

2 I installed to new partition and installer created extra folder and org.cham.plist. than i changed to mine *.plist.

If I understood right, i should to reinstall cham. But before I need to remove my extra folder to other place? then I need to open org.cham and write down my settings?

Help me.

BTW english is not my native language, sorry in future.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellas and merry Christmas,

I have compiled myself Chameleon in the past without any problems. Today i have pulled the sources to compil the last rev (2149).

OS is 10.6.8 and Xcode 3.2.6 installed, but the build fail at some point ; please see the attached image ; any help would be appreciated.

post-497804-0-65235000-1356265382_thumb.png

With Enoch Chameleon 2.2svn i can boot only with -f

Without -f i get: RTC: only single RAM bank?

Can someone help me or i shoud back to Chameleon-2.1svn-r2070?

Thanks !

Install also the KernelPatcher.dylib module in Extra/modules.

Fabio

Would be nice to get some infos about what module is needed and for what.

I use newer chameleon builds but never installed any of the modules in modules folder (for me its empty).

I use also C2D.

• Like 3

Hi rayap. In Mountain Lion 10.8 (also Lion 10.7) none extension will not load from /E/E using "UseKernelCache=Yes" which is the option by default (to bring fast boot). But it works with "UKC=No" (slow boot), because those OS X versions have kernelcache (prelinked kernel) instead of Extensions.mkext (Snow Leopard 10.6). Regards.

Thanks Guys. Previously revisions no issues, with patched AppleRTC in /E/E and retained vanilla AppleRTC in /S/L/E. Now resolved with r2140 by including KernelPatcher.dylib and deleting vanilla AppleRTC from S/L/E. Have never set "UseKernelCache" either way. Trying to keep S/L/E vanilla except for AppleHDA.