Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

But is it possible to assign a value to it ?

like wait 5 seconds then reboot ?

There is some kernel flag 'panic_restart_timeout'. You can try setting that in 'Kernel Flags'. I think it is in seconds.

Actually, I think you should remove 'RebootAfterKernelPanic', and just use 'panic_restart_timeout=5', because using 'RebootAfterKernelPanic' would restart in 3 seconds ignoring panic_restart_timeout. This may then also work in trunk, since it does not require that special Chameleon's RebootAfterKernelPanic flag, just kernel's panic_restart_timeout.

I did not try it.

(xnu src/osfmk/i386/AT386/model.dep.c, static void machine_halt_cpu(void) function)

There is some kernel flag 'panic_restart_timeout'. You can try setting that in 'Kernel Flags'. I think it is in seconds. Actually, I think you should remove 'RebootAfterKernelPanic', and just use 'panic_restart_timeout=5', because using 'RebootAfterKernelPanic' would restart in 3 seconds ignoring panic_restart_timeout. This may then also work in trunk, since it does not require that special Chameleon's RebootAfterKernelPanic flag, just kernel's panic_restart_timeout. I did not try it. (xnu src/osfmk/i386/AT386/model.dep.c, static void machine_halt_cpu(void) function)

thanks, but is the flag capital sensitive ?

There is some kernel flag 'panic_restart_timeout'. You can try setting that in 'Kernel Flags'. I think it is in seconds. Actually, I think you should remove 'RebootAfterKernelPanic', and just use 'panic_restart_timeout=5', because using 'RebootAfterKernelPanic' would restart in 3 seconds ignoring panic_restart_timeout. This may then also work in trunk, since it does not require that special Chameleon's RebootAfterKernelPanic flag, just kernel's panic_restart_timeout. I did not try it. (xnu src/osfmk/i386/AT386/model.dep.c, static void machine_halt_cpu(void) function)

:) btw, the flag is not RebootAfterKernelPanic

It's RebootOnPanic in chameleon.plist :)

There is some kernel flag 'panic_restart_timeout'. You can try setting that in 'Kernel Flags'. I think it is in seconds.

Actually, I think you should remove 'RebootAfterKernelPanic', and just use 'panic_restart_timeout=5', because using 'RebootAfterKernelPanic' would restart in 3 seconds ignoring panic_restart_timeout. This may then also work in trunk, since it does not require that special Chameleon's RebootAfterKernelPanic flag, just kernel's panic_restart_timeout.

I did not try it.

(xnu src/osfmk/i386/AT386/model.dep.c, static void machine_halt_cpu(void) function)

reporting back.

if I put the keys right, then it's not working.

<key>panic_restart_timeout</key>
<integer>8</integer>

reporting back.

if I put the keys right, then it's not working.

<key>panic_restart_timeout</key>
<integer>8</integer>

This is a kernel flag, not Chameleon's. Try with this:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v panic_restart_timeout=8</string>

and I think it's case sensitive.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

Gonna have a try.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

I tested.

It worked !

Used enoch 2035, everything was great, tried 2060 - encountered problem. GeneratePStates generates everything ok, but GenerateCStates now works not as I expected.

I get ssdt with P-states for CPU0-3, but C-states are now generated for CPU1-3, so AppleLPC throws _CST eval error.

Tried on P35-DS3P with e6750 and on P5K with e6850, same problem. Lion 10.7.5.

Used enoch 2035, everything was great, tried 2060 - encountered problem. GeneratePStates generates everything ok, but GenerateCStates now works not as I expected.

I get ssdt with P-states for CPU0-3, but C-states are now generated for CPU1-3, so AppleLPC throws _CST eval error.

Tried on P35-DS3P with e6750 and on P5K with e6850, same problem. Lion 10.7.5.

Thank you! I noticed this error on my system a couple of days ago and couldn't figure out what was wrong. I had been using Chameleon 2061 but I switched to Enoch 2060 when I found that it fixed the "memory failed" error I was getting in the Diagnostics section of System Profiler. But I didn't notice that it had broken C-States in the process.

I just built Enoch 2062 and the C-States error has gone. The memory failed error still exists in Chameleon 2062.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

hi,dmazar

I have to say that the timeout is not working

it reboots as soon as kp happens

I boot from the Windows Boot menu. Place boot0hfs on the root of your C drive and run these bcdedit commands from an elevated command prompt in Windows to add an entry to your boot menu.

bcdedit /create /d "Mac OS X" /application bootsector
(This will return a {ID})
bcdedit /set {ID} device boot	
bcdedit /set {ID} path \boot0hfs
bcdedit /displayorder {ID} /addlast

Actually, single multi partitioned Windows/OS X hard disk requires Boot0hfs. Boot0 is reserved exclusively for the OS X.

thank you all so much

I am gonna try it out tonight

the thing is I am still trying to let windows os to see all the partitions that it does need to be seen

and one more thing

when I tried to erase the first logical partition in the extended partition when i lunch lion to make it hfs+ it fails but if I try to do that on another logical partition no problem

so I am going to make chameleon partition as the first logical partition in this mess

I am trying to let the mac os to be as vanilla as possible

question : how do I install chameleon on extended (logical) partition ??

if I want to use different chameleon settings with each mac os installation what should I do ( smbios , kexts ,,,, )??

ok guys just need some clarification on this :

1. Do i have to install chameleon to a PRIMARY partition or could it be done on a LOGICAL one ??

(i tried logical but nothing comes too clear about it ..... there is boot0hfs at the root directory of my primary windows partition (copied not installed !!) )

2. How to install boot1he , boot1hp to my os x logical partitions ?? no info found about that ....

3. I did what you write Riley Freeman but all what i had is an error (000x34 or something) ... so i tried EasyBCD to do a normal entry add but it didnt work either

the only thing that worked is adding the Mac OS X entry EFI from easybcd ..... that started an old version of chameleon from an nst_mac.iso located at C:\NST (and there is AutoNeoGrub0.mbr which i guess is some version of grub)

Chameleon starts but it doesnt see my os x installations (my usb mbr installer does see them) and hangs after selecting windows

4. i tried to edit the iso and replace the files but it didnt work so i dont know what should i do ??

I would prefer to make my chameleon directly boot from windows boot loader and to skip grub or not use it at all

Problem with c-states is gone in enoch 2064.

Tried new apci patcher - ACPICodec. Moved dsdt.aml to /Extra/Acpi. All other parameters are the same as without it.

While this module is enabled - I get error "incorrect acpi rsd ptr" after it generates MADT and SSDT. And then it tries to boot kernel, but freezes before kenel should write about ACPICPUs.

So it seems that this module somehow breaks acpi tables, so kernel is unable to load CPUs. Tried various combinations of ACPICodec's parameters - still nothing. Is it broken, or I should do something else about it?

Lion 10.7.5, P35-DS3P, no SSDTs from bios.

ok guys just need some clarification on this :

How are you installing OS X? Usually there'll be some Chameleon install routine in order to get the drive bootable. In my case I'm using an edited version of tseug's script. It installs Chameleon to the OS X partition. Failing that you can boot into OS X from your install source and use Chameleon Wizard. I use this when updating Chameleon.

You could also try boot0md in place of boot0hfs. I'm thinking it may still work as it's designed to search all attached disks for a Chameleon boot1h.

i get it now ....

chameleon bootloader have to be booted from an iso image every time i need it

so i have been experiencing a lot these days and found that i can boot chameleon but i am having issues related to kexts not fully recognized in the e/e folder in the iso image

Can chameleon read .mkext extension from the image file or where do i put it ??

i tried put .mkext cache inside extra folder but it seemed to cripple chameleon and i cannot see the selection box or keys or marks !!!

it does see all of my partitions and i successfully booted into my recovery and windows through it

still with this problem so far ......

any one got an idea ??

EDIT:

by the way : booting chameleon directly from windows boot loader gives me an error

so its a no go for me unless you can help me :)

EDIT 2 : Guys I did boot correctly this time using easybcd and chameleon hybird iso image completly built by myself

this is the best way to boot my mutiboot system so far

all files are inside the system reserved partition completly separated from all the oses

so far I have windows 7 , lion , mountain lion all can muti boot through windows boot loader

if there is any other way you can help me directly boot chemeleon then do tell

anyway I am very happy so far and I did update lion to 10.7.5 and ML to 10.8.2 with no problems so far.

I have this priticular problem if you can help :

when I start windows 7 and do my work on it then I shutdown or reboot to an os x installation then I have this sudden crash while booting either 10.7

or 10.8

this problem only occurs when I do boot osx after windows

does anyone have an idea to test on my system

Since the latest version I now get a boot.log and nvram.plist on the root of my boot drive. The nvram.plist contains the following.

<dict>

<key>EFIBluetoothDelay</key>

<data>

uAs=

</data>

<key>bluetoothActiveControllerInfo</key>

<data>

BYKsBQAZ4/a9rA==

</data>

</dict>

</plist>

Anybody else get these files, are they required?

Those files are from Clover bootloader. They are created on every boot (boot.log) or shutdown (nvram.plist). Created by /etc/rc.local and /etc/rc.shutdown.local scripts. Scripts are installed by Clover installer. You can remove those two scripts if not using Clover.

• Like 1

Those files are from Clover bootloader. They are created on every boot (boot.log) or shutdown (nvram.plist). Created by /etc/rc.local and /etc/rc.shutdown.local scripts. Scripts are installed by Clover installer. You can remove those two scripts if not using Clover.

Are they mandatory for CLOVER ?

Ive found out the best way to have a backup plan when things go wrong is to make two partitions on your hard drive. Make a small one the same size as your typical USB thumbdrive would be where you put your essential files like your kexts, cham, kext utility etc etc, OSX and any program you want availiable when it boots up the first time so you can edit the stuff you need to make it run ok.

Another way is to clone your existing working install and put on it the version of cham that usually works for your hardware to a spare hard drive. But a fresh install is better I guess so ......

Just a tips

• 3 weeks later...

A bit dump question but i wanted to move from iMac11,1 Model to MacPro3,1 and failed (systeminfo shows iMac11,1).

I changed a lot for MacPro3,1 in smbios.plist (and can see some of them in chameleons log) but maybe i missed something.

The only thing which i didnt changed was the serial number (stays iMac11,1 serial) - is that the reason?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMSKU</key>
<string>System SKU#</string>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>02/29/08</string>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>
<key>SMboardID</key>
<string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>  // tried also Mac-F42C88C8, no change
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F221BEC8</string> // tried also Mac-F42C88C8, no change
<key>SMchassisversion</key>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacPro</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C0945BJ35PJ</string> // thats "old" iMac11,1 serial - maybe if i change i must reactivate the App Store?
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Bildschirmfoto 2012-10-29 um 09.00.21.jpg

A bit dump question but i wanted to move from iMac11,1 Model to MacPro3,1 and failed (systeminfo shows iMac11,1).

I changed a lot for MacPro3,1 in smbios.plist (and can see some of them in chameleons log) but maybe i missed something.

The only thing which i didnt changed was the serial number (stays iMac11,1 serial) - is that the reason?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMSKU</key>
<string>System SKU#</string>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>02/29/08</string>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>
<key>SMboardID</key>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<key>SMchassisversion</key>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacPro</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C0945BJ35PJ</string> // thats "old" iMac11,1 serial - maybe if i change i must reactivate the App Store?
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Different models should have different serials.

Hava a try with the serial which chameleon wizard can generate.