Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

With Enoch rev.2060 Power On Self-Test: Passed- Memory.....sometimes at startup or reboot system Instant Reboot...

With Trunk rev.2059 Power On Self-Test: Failed - Memory..... sometimes at startup or reboot system Instant Reboot...Why?

Latop Hp cq60 200EP

Intel® Pentium® Processor T3400 (1M Cache, 2.16 GHz, 667 MHz FSB) Socket P

3GB memory

- BANK 0/DIMM0: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM 666 MHz

- BANK 2/DIMM2: 1GB DDR2 SDRAM 666 MHz

Enoch nor read SSDT.aml... i dont know why... install complete pakage its ok

Trunk read SSDT.aml...

I'm in Mountain Lion 10.8.1

What is problem...

Hi, ErmaC

days have passed. the trunk still does not get updates .

what's wrong ?

the flag truly works :)

The things are not so easy as you maybe hope.

I have write access at the Chameleon SVN, but the main trunk code is maintained by other admin developer.

So I prefer no add stuff to the main code.. Other things is the pkg stuff and Graphics ID, I can do it w/o problems

is not so critical as for other part of code.

In other word... I prefer not change the main code by myself.

Fabio

The things are not so easy as you maybe hope. I have write access at the Chameleon SVN, but the main trunk code is maintained by other admin developer. So I prefer no add stuff to the main code.. Other things is the pkg stuff and Graphics ID, I can do it w/o problems is not so critical as for other part of code. In other word... I prefer not change the main code by myself. Fabio

Thanks for explaining.

Sorry for my rudeness. :(

anyway, I will still be waiting for trunk updates :)

Hi ErmaC,

Latest 2060 boot file misidentifies my video card, ATI 5450 (Cedar, or Cypress) as an Eulemur, thus prompting OS X to load the wrong Framework The result is a black screen, no signal. I revert back to boot file of 2050 and it boots with the correct card. I am only saying so you know.

Thank you.

Hi ErmaC, Latest 2060 boot file misidentifies my video card, ATI 5450 (Cedar, or Cypress) as an Eulemur, thus prompting OS X to load the wrong Framework The result is a black screen, no signal. I revert back to boot file of 2050 and it boots with the correct card. I am only saying so you know. Thank you.

You can assign the framebuffer in boot.plist, can't u

Yes, since Chameleon 2.1 svn r1532 from September last year. From Boothelp.txt:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes|No Automatic device-properties generation for gfx cards.

AtiConfig= Use a different card config, e.g. AtiConfig=Megalodon.

AtiPorts= Specify the number of ports, e.g. AtiPorts=2.

UseAtiROM=Yes|No Use an alternate Ati ROM image

(path: /Extra/__.rom)

On Mountain Lion, using darkwake=0 disables the autosleep. When I use the darkwake=0, the system (almost) never automatically sleeps. And when I removed it, it sleep every time without a problem.

But, the reason I use the darkwake switch is, without 'darkwake=0', the lights&fans kick-in when I try to wake it from sleep, goes back to sleep in ~5 seconds. I've accidentally found that if I press the power button second time during that ~5 second period, it wakes up and monitors/system came online.

I'm not sure this can be fixed with the bootloader..

ErmaC, could you please pass this to devs. Or is there a official bug report method?

thanks!

General question about changing / updating Chameleon type (Chameleon + Chimera) boot loaders by .pkg install.

Is it sure + safe that ALL parts of the bootloaders (beside /boot file) get updated / reinstalled if i install chameleonpkg or chimera.pkg?

I ask because i am unsure if ALWAYS boot0hfs and boot1h got updated too, even if those files exist (but as older versions!).

EDIT: I looked at the last chameleon installer log.

Seems that some existing (but older/different files) didnt get updated.

Running Standard postinstall script

Target volume = /Volumes/OSX_Mountain_Lion on /dev/disk1s1

Target disk already has existing Chameleon stage 0 loader - boot0hfs

Detected a Windows installation on this volume.

======================================================

Stage 0 loader not written to /dev/disk1.

Written boot1h to /dev/rdisk1s1.

Written boot to /Volumes/OSX_Mountain_Lion on /dev/disk1s1.

Or got that boot0hfs perhaps never code changes (always same in older / newer chameleon/chimera trunks)?

I used new DarwinDumper DiskInfo to get informations about used bootloaders.

Bildschirmfoto 2012-09-17 um 11.11.18.jpg

With Enoch-i386-2060.zip I had to move the DSDT.aml back to /Extra from /Extra/ACPI for it to work, is that normal?

Hey Dan.

My previous post was referring to the trunk code base (as per this threads title).

I have not used the Enoch branch so I can't comment as to what code base is used and therefore what steps may or may not be required when setting up your /extra folder.

Is it sure + safe that ALL parts of the bootloaders (beside /boot file) get updated / reinstalled if i install chameleonpkg or chimera.pkg?

I ask because i am unsure if ALWAYS boot0hfs and boot1h got updated too, even if those files exist (but as older versions!).

../snip/..

Or got that boot0hfs perhaps never code changes (always same in older / newer chameleon/chimera trunks)?

Hi Mitch

The boot0 / boot1 files have not been updated for a while with the last change to any of the boot0 variants being over 10 months ago. And the last change to any of the boot1 variants being over 1 year ago. You can check for any recent changes by looking at the trunk source code here.

• Like 1

Have a look at the boot0 directory in the source code and you will see the code files and associated dates of the last change for each boot0 variant.

- boot0 and boot0hfs were last updated in rev1187

- boot0md was last updated in rev1674

So there's no need to change boot0hfs unless the version you're using was installed before August 2011.

Other than date, identifying different versions of boot0 files can be done only by comparing the hex code as due to the file size restrictions of these files, there are no ascii strings embedded for easy identification.

can anyone let me know if chameleon can boot from windows boot loader and how to do it please ??

because i need to keep my laptop as close to factory defaults as possible to let bios enter recovery mode in case of failure

I've already did partition a 1gb part Fat32 primary (not active) For chameleon and will try to install mac os x (MBR Method ) on a logical partition

can anyone let me know if chameleon can boot from windows boot loader and how to do it please ??

I boot from the Windows Boot menu. Place boot0hfs on the root of your C drive and run these bcdedit commands from an elevated command prompt in Windows to add an entry to your boot menu.

bcdedit /create /d "Mac OS X" /application bootsector
(This will return a {ID})
bcdedit /set {ID} device boot	  
bcdedit /set {ID} path \boot0hfs  
bcdedit /displayorder {ID} /addlast

• Like 1

I boot from the Windows Boot menu. Place boot0md* on the root of your C drive and follow these instructions to add an entry to your boot menu.

bcdedit /create /d "Mac OS X" /application bootsector
This will return a {ID}
bcdedit /set {ID} device boot	  
bcdedit /set {ID} path \boot0md	
bcdedit /displayorder {ID} /addlast

* boot0md is for multiple disks I think. If you only have one disk in your laptop you'll need another file. Someone should be able to say which one. I think it's boot0.

Actually, single multi partitioned Windows/OS X hard disk requires Boot0hfs. Boot0 is reserved exclusively for the OS X.

• Like 1

thank you all so much

I am gonna try it out tonight

the thing is I am still trying to let windows os to see all the partitions that it does need to be seen

and one more thing

when I tried to erase the first logical partition in the extended partition when i lunch lion to make it hfs+ it fails but if I try to do that on another logical partition no problem

so I am going to make chameleon partition as the first logical partition in this mess

I am trying to let the mac os to be as vanilla as possible

question : how do I install chameleon on extended (logical) partition ??

if I want to use different chameleon settings with each mac os installation what should I do ( smbios , kexts ,,,, )??

Actually, single multi partitioned Windows/OS X hard disk requires Boot0hfs. Boot0 is reserved exclusively for the OS X.

Thanks for clearing that up. I've always had a multi-disk setup so this is good to know for the future. I'll go back and edit my post so it has the correct info.

Hi, ErmaC

the flag RebootAfterKernelPanic worked.

But is it possible to assign a value to it ?

like wait 5 seconds then reboot ?

now, the hack rebooted as soon as kp happened which is not good for detecting problems.