Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

ErmaC has committed these changes in the svn, but not for the installer.

For the installer is better to wait someone that have made a test with it.

Yep.

later I will commit your sets of utils (sectorSize and configs...) and the needed stuff to compile it during the build process...

ErmaC

EDIT: added sectorSize to the project.

Edited by ErmaC
  • Like 2

@wartomato can you try Enoch 2530 from dowload section to see if all goes well now? Thanks

Aehm, already done this.

Everything worked, except for FileNVRAM (with is definitely not your fault).

But I will do further testing, when I have got the time this weekend. (Man, I need another USB stick... there are all full of Clover and Chameleon branches...)

Ok we must thanks Zenith432 for this.

Have you tried the new FileNVRAM?

Hi,

yep, we should definitely thank Zenith432:  :yes:

Hmm, sorry, but you are right. I did try FileNVRAM from i386 folder and my downloaded version 1.1.4 (77), which leaded to a SYSTEM HALTED during boot.

Just tried out 1.1.4 (81) which (at least) lets my system boot up, but does not do it's job like creating a nvram.UUID.plist file...

Ups, I forgot to mention that I use to download the module from xZenue LLC. directly...

Did test kernelpatcher module now, but that does the same as FileNVRAM. I think Micky had that either.

I made a photo of the error (Memory Alloc error) that accures when my system reaches AppleKextExclude.plist at boot...

post-804732-0-21926200-1420979952_thumb.png

So right now I am trying r2534 and will test Bungo's branch afterwards...

..we also must thank you to find where the problem was reside :)

will do...

correction: just did.

System boots "normal" (like before), but not using any of the dylibs (kernelpatcher nor FileNVRAM).

But the "memory allocation error" is gone? I understand well?

..and the module was on the boot partition? EDIT (this was the purpose making the test, to see if the memory error gone with modules installed..)

Thanks

..we also must thank you to find where the problem was reside :)

But the "memory allocation error" is gone? I understand well?

..and the module was on the boot partition? EDIT (this was the purpose making the test, to see if the memory error gone with modules installed..)

Thanks

Hi,

memory alloc error is strange with 16GB installed.

As I wrote: Nope, the error is not gone. I'll try a different config now (bought another USB stick, hihi).

• Like 1

thanks to try wartomato, anyway chameleon does not care about your 16gb allocating the space memory that he needed. I was referring at memory.c memory.h as Pike said some time ago (page 128)...

thanks to try wartomato, anyway chameleon does not care about your 16gb allocating the space memory that he needed. I was referring at memory.c memory.h as Pike said some time ago (page 128)...

Ups, sorry again for the misunderstanding.

Had to say that I am still trying out here. As of using the USB-stick... well, again my fault: installed flieNVRAM with the chameleon installer and deleted the FileNVRAM.kext.

This way it could not/would not load and the result were the memory alloc errors.

I forgot aout the kernelpatcher module till now and try this one out tomorrow.

Silly me.  :blush:

P.S.: FileNVRAM is now working (again)

Edited by wartomato
  • Like 1

P.S.: FileNVRAM is now working (again)

:thumbsup_anim:

THX you to try, THX Piker Alpha and obviously THX meklort & co

EDIT

FileNVRAM Is working for me too :lol:, although not yet know if for all, but at least the memory error is bypassed (this would not show up for me)!

Guys need help, i'm desperate !
The system worked perfectly until I replaced the graphics card and i think something has changed in my DSDT.aml because can not boot anymore and when I remove DSDT from Extra, the system boot. Secondary problem is QE/Ci. The new graphics card is nvidia GTX 275. With old graphic card nvidia GT220 system worked perfectly. Please help. I can not return to Windows. I'll kill myself.
Here is my old dsdt. What i need to change in DSDT? Please help me. Thanks.

Old DSDT - https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4408sicewy05my/dsdt.dsl?dl=0

New Untached DSDT - https://www.dropbox.com/s/pifhbrabbgqc39g/new%20dsdt%20-%20untouched%20.dsl?dl=0

:thumbsup_anim:

THX you to try, THX Piker Alpha and obviously THX meklort & co

EDIT

FileNVRAM Is working for me too :lol:, although not yet know if for all, but at least the memory error is bypassed (this would not show up for me)!

so is the imessage an ichat work now with this new version ??????????????

Guys here is where all the builds reside:https://public.xzenue.com/downloads/?dir=FileNVRAM/trunk

in each sub folders you can find a build of FileNVRAM.dylib, a major number suppose a new build, and xzeune has a bugs reporting (so please use that instead of posting here...ok knowing the result here is appreciated but Devs are olnly peoples that can help Us).

this is the usage:

===================

= FileNVRAM.dylib =
===================

FileNVRAM copyright © 2013-2014 xZenue LLC.
FileNVRAM is licensed under the Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported license.
Please see the license file for details

===================
=      Bugs       =
===================

Please report any bugs at https://public.xzenue.com/bugzilla/

===================
=   Requirements  =
===================

- Chameleon r2181 or newer

===================
=      Usage      =
===================

- Install the FileNVRAM.dylib to /Extra/modules/
- Reboot

Use the nvram command to manipulate variables

Enoch 2530 from the download section is actually the best build of Chameleon testing the FileNVRAM (I suppose, because contain all the latest patches from Zenith432). If you receive the "memory allocation error" please use the stage 2 from the post             #2666          (copy/replace the one installed from the installer).

please help making tests :), and use a USB stick..
  • Like 1

Yeah,

please help making tests :), and use a USB stick..

these damn USB-Sticks... :D

I think I should mention one or two things:

1. One might try the attached one. It contains a kext and a dylib-file. For those not wanting to change their bootloader flavour - install both. Rebuilt cache and reboot.

2. The generated nvram.plist might not work for you, so: save your old working one or you might have to chenge the values inside the plist to working ones. Try it out.

3. This is still meklorts' work in progress, so like Micky1979 said: help him test this little module.  ^_^

Now now on for testing "kernelpatcher.dylib" (although I do not use it, I'll test it anyway).

Short question aside: must I enable klibc.dylib during the test?...

FileNVRAM 1.1.4 (81).zip

Edited by wartomato
  • Like 1