Hp pavilion dv2312us..., failing to install

cynosure1023

21 posts in this topic

Hello. Ive been seaching this forum and others for a long time now for some answers to my questions. Im just simply not finding anything. So, if anyone can help me out at all, Id greatly appreciate it!

I m having a HP Pavilion dv2000 (the dv2312us to be specific). The specs are as follows:

Processor: AMD turion 64x2, 1600 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 logical Processor(s)

Graphic card: Nvidia GeForce Go 6150

Ram: 3GB

GSA-4084N ATA Device

HDAUDIO

HL_DT-ST DVD RAM

Nvidia NForce networking controller

Broadcom 802.11 a/b/g wlan

80 Gb(5400RPM) Hard Drive (SATA) (80gb two partition[C & M] installing mac on m{15GB}).

(anything else you may need to know, just ask, im not great at finding specs out...)

I've tried Snow_Leopard_10.6.1-10.6.2_SSE2_SSE3_Intel_AMD_by_Hazard & iATKOS_v7.x86 Intel_AMD with no luck. With Snow_Leopard_10.6.1-10.6.2_SSE2_SSE3_Intel_AMD_by_Hazard disc I was able to boot up into the disk and installed. But, upon reboot and the first run, it came up with black screen with the flashing cursor and nothing else. I never got the os running. The things i installed were: Mac_OS_X 10.6.2, Mobdin kernel 10.0, Rosetta, AMD, AHCI_SATA_FIX, NVinject, AppleAzaliaAudio.

And with iATKOS_v7.x86 Intel_AMD it never passes the installation process as i insert the disk and then type -v and then it stucks on the black screen for hours. Could somebody please advise what to do. Thanks.

Hello. Ive been seaching this forum and others for a long time now for some answers to my questions. Im just simply not finding anything. So, if anyone can help me out at all, Id greatly appreciate it!

I m having a HP Pavilion dv2000 (the dv2312us to be specific). The specs are as follows:

Processor: AMD turion 64x2, 1600 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 logical Processor(s)

Graphic card: Nvidia GeForce Go 6150

Ram: 3GB

GSA-4084N ATA Device

HDAUDIO

HL_DT-ST DVD RAM

Nvidia NForce networking controller

Broadcom 802.11 a/b/g wlan

80 Gb(5400RPM) Hard Drive (SATA) (80gb two partition[C & M] installing mac on m{15GB}).

(anything else you may need to know, just ask, im not great at finding specs out...)

I've tried Snow_Leopard_10.6.1-10.6.2_SSE2_SSE3_Intel_AMD_by_Hazard & iATKOS_v7.x86 Intel_AMD with no luck. With Snow_Leopard_10.6.1-10.6.2_SSE2_SSE3_Intel_AMD_by_Hazard disc I was able to boot up into the disk and installed. But, upon reboot and the first run, it came up with black screen with the flashing cursor and nothing else. I never got the os running. The things i installed were: Mac_OS_X 10.6.2, Mobdin kernel 10.0, Rosetta, AMD, AHCI_SATA_FIX, NVinject, AppleAzaliaAudio.

And with iATKOS_v7.x86 Intel_AMD it never passes the installation process as i insert the disk and then type -v and then it stucks on the black screen for hours. Could somebody please advise what to do. Thanks.

Your Nvidia GeForce Go 6150is an integrated GPU sharing RAM..........this is not supported by OS X, so do not choose any video option in the Installer Customise menu unless you get a PCI-e graphics card supported by OS X..........

Tnx verdant for your reply. so u mean i should not be using the NVinject option in customize menu, m i correct. One more thing i want to ask you is that about the Installer Customise options I have chosen are they fine instead of the Graphics one and what about the "Chameleon_RC3_PCEFI 10.3 or 10.5 this option i dont have to choose, m I correct.

Tnx verdant for your reply. so u mean i should not be using the NVinject option in customize menu, m i correct. One more thing i want to ask you is that about the Installer Customise options I have chosen are they fine instead of the Graphics one and what about the "Chameleon_RC3_PCEFI 10.3 or 10.5 this option i dont have to choose, m I correct.

Yes, chooose no NVidia video options........

No, you should choose a bootloader option.........try Chameleon RC3

Thanks once again for your reply. Ok so does it matter which Chameleon_RC3_PCEFI 10.3 or Chameleon_RC3_PCEFI 10.5 version?

I really appreciate your help.

Not really but I suggest you initially use Chameleon_RC3_PCEFI 10.3........

It's still not working :). This time after installation it went onto the blank screen and nothing happened for 10 min, so i rebooted the laptop and booted into windows and set up mac boot option with easyBCD and then it came up with a message to restart when i booted into Mac OSX.

94582559178847137911.jpg

Any advise plz!!!!!!!!!

It's still not working ;) . This time after installation it went onto the blank screen and nothing happened for 10 min, so i rebooted the laptop and booted into windows and set up mac boot option with easyBCD and then it came up with a message to restart when i booted into Mac OSX.

94582559178847137911.jpg

Any advise plz!!!!!!!!!

Using TransMac or MacDrive in Windows, start by removing SleepEnabler.kext from wherever it is installed, in /E/E/ or /S/L/E/ and also remove from /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/, the Extensions.mkext and kernelcache files......then reboot OS X with -v -f........

Using TransMac or MacDrive in Windows, start by removing SleepEnabler.kext from wherever it is installed, in /E/E/ or /S/L/E/ and also remove from /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/, the Extensions.mkext and kernelcache files......then reboot OS X with -v -f........

Verdant THANKS once again for your help.

I have installed MacDrive 8 and then deleted SleepEnabler.kext, Extensions.mkext but was unable to find kernelcache.

Verdant you are a "Genius". M able to install now. I'll test it tomorrow and let you know the results.

I dont mean to be a pain now, but can I ask u few things which I read somewhere i.e.

"AMD user - right after installation go to folder "Programs", we find there a utility Marvin's AMD Utility, open, select the very last option (Patch all binaries), select the folder / System and click Run. Without this step will not work with the program to bind CPU ID (eg iTunes). " Shall i dio this as well???

Also the mouse and keyboard on the laptop is not working??

Verdant you are a "Genius". M able to install now. I'll test it tomorrow and let you know the results.

I dont mean to be a pain now, but can I ask u few things which I read somewhere i.e.

"AMD user - right after installation go to folder "Programs", we find there a utility Marvin's AMD Utility, open, select the very last option (Patch all binaries), select the folder / System and click Run. Without this step will not work with the program to bind CPU ID (eg iTunes). " Shall i dio this as well???

Also the mouse and keyboard on the laptop is not working??

Re CPUID patching see here and here.....

Re mouse and keyboard on the laptop.........choose Apple PS/2 or Voodoo PS/2 option.........

Re CPUID patching see here and here.....

Re mouse and keyboard on the laptop.........choose Apple PS/2 or Voodoo PS/2 option.........

Hey 'verdant' tnx once again for your help. i didnt got chance today. So will try tomorrow and let u know. Tnx once again. You been very helpful.

Re mouse and keyboard on the laptop.........choose Apple PS/2 or Voodoo PS/2 option.........- Sorry dont want to sount stupid but Where do i choose these options from???

Hey 'verdant' tnx once again for your help. i didnt got chance today. So will try tomorrow and let u know. Tnx once again. You been very helpful.

Re mouse and keyboard on the laptop.........choose Apple PS/2 or Voodoo PS/2 option.........- Sorry dont want to sount stupid but Where do i choose these options from???

One or the other, or both, will be a Customise selection in the distro Installer you are using.......

Hi verdant, Today I started my laptop and it started perfectly fine and even the keyboard and mouse were working fine. So i didnt choose the options as ye advised (choose Apple PS/2 or Voodoo PS/2 option). But now i got another problem i.e. my wireless is not working anymore. I am attaching the screenshots below. When i click on Airport icon on desktop it keeps saying that searching for but nothing happens. i even tried to configure it manually but still no joy.

78467627849176523614.jpg

74542139717362532020.jpg

93586219269758196697.jpg

71265513162389201653.jpg

One more thing i wanna ask u is about the display is there ny way making display more fine as i checked there was only 1 option. Like 1024x or something like dat.

Thanks once again.

Hi verdant, Today I started my laptop and it started perfectly fine and even the keyboard and mouse were working fine. So i didnt choose the options as ye advised (choose Apple PS/2 or Voodoo PS/2 option). But now i got another problem i.e. my wireless is not working anymore. I am attaching the screenshots below. When i click on Airport icon on desktop it keeps saying that searching for but nothing happens. i even tried to configure it manually but still no joy.

One more thing i wanna ask u is about the display is there ny way making display more fine as i checked there was only 1 option. Like 1024x or something like dat.

Thanks once again.

For video display resolution, modify your com.apple.Boot.plist in /E/E/ by inserting this line just above <key>Kernel</key>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>HxVx32</string>

"Replace H and V with your display values"

For wireless, first try repairing the ownership/permissions of the kexts in /S/L/E/ and then use Disk Utility to repair OS X permissions as follows..........

Go to Terminal and type

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo kextcache -v 1 -t -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions/

Reboot with -v -f and then use Disk Utility to repair OS X permissions............

Hi verdant, TNX ONCE AGAIN FOR YOUR REPLY.

Ok so for video display. I found the file com.apple.Boot.plist in /E/E but cant understand where to insert the code. As i tried doing but diddnt worked. I am attaching the files below.

The default one:

http://rapidshare.com/files/418316590/com.apple.Boot.plist

Altered one:

http://rapidshare.com/files/418316876/com.apple.Boot.plist

The resolution i am looking is 1024x800. Please advise if i am doing something wrong.

For wireless: how can i repair the ownership/permissions of kexts and also i cannot find Terminal??

PS I am a bit lost sorry ;)

Hi verdant, TNX ONCE AGAIN FOR YOUR REPLY.

Ok so for video display. I found the file com.apple.Boot.plist in /E/E but cant understand where to insert the code. As i tried doing but diddnt worked. I am attaching the files below.

The default one:

http://rapidshare.com/files/418316590/com.apple.Boot.plist

Altered one:

http://rapidshare.com/files/418316876/com.apple.Boot.plist

The resolution i am looking is 1024x800. Please advise if i am doing something wrong.

For wireless: how can i repair the ownership/permissions of kexts and also i cannot find Terminal??

PS I am a bit lost sorry ;)

Assuming you are using Chameleon 2.0 and Snow Leopard, then in /Extra/ put this com.apple.Boot.plist file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x800x32</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v arch=i386</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
</dict>
</plist>

To get to Terminal: /Applications/Utilities/Terminal

To repair /S/L/E/ kext permissions and ownership, go to Terminal and type

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo kextcache -v 1 -t -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions/

Reboot with -v -f and then use Disk Utility to repair OS X permissions......

Assuming you are using Chameleon 2.0 and Snow Leopard, then in /Extra/ put this com.apple.Boot.plist file:

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Thanks Verdant. i tried this but still no joy. but i guess i can live without it. Thanks for all your help. YOU BEEN VERY HELPFUL NOW. I really appreciate your help.

<plist version="1.0">
  <dict>
   <key>Graphics Mode</key>
   <key>Kernel</key>
   <key>Kernel Flags</key>
   <key>Timeout</key>
   <string>5</string>
  </dict>
  </plist>

Thanks Verdant. i tried this but still no joy. but i guess i can live without it. Thanks for all your help. YOU BEEN VERY HELPFUL NOW. I really appreciate your help.

Glad to help........ :(