• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Danneman

Danneman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
My friend has a HP 311 mini which dualboots mac os x with win 7 according to the darwin project here on the forum.

In mac os x, using an external monitor both in vga and hdmi is flawless, but in win 7 the external monitor is simply not recognized by either output.

Any ideas what the problem is and how it can be solved?

jfally

jfally

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 108 posts
Make sure you have your ION drivers set up and you monitor is able to accept the appropriate resolution.

Danneman

Danneman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Ive downloaded and installed this driver:
258.96_notebook_winvista_win7_32bit_international_whql.exe

Its the newest version for ion on notebooks, downloaded from nvidia.

The install seemed to complete successfully.

However, when opening the device manager > Display Adapters, it says "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" instead of anything related to "Nvidia". Trying to update the driver directly from here pressing the "Update Driver.."-button just shows that the driver is up to date.

And still not capable to identify external monitor.

Very strange - the drivers should be up and running after having installed them, right?

jfally

jfally

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 108 posts
What I suggest that you do is go to HP's website and enter your specific model and get the driver from there. Nvidia tends to create all-in-one driver packages which may cause some issues.

Danneman

Danneman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
I have also tried installing the vga-driver from hp, but as with when installing the other vga-drivers, the only option that it lets me install is "NVIDIA audiodriver for high definition". The list contains no other driver, despite the fact that this is a vga-driver.

It's as if the ion graphicscard isn't active, or isn't recognized by windows.

Ive even tried to update the vga-drivers via the device manager by searching the nvidia-vga-drivers folder, but all I get is a statement that the best drivers are those already installed, which ofcourse is bs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy