Frustrated, Confused, and Slightly Hysterical

FakeSteez

1 post in this topic

I've had to, like most people, learn on my own, but I don't even know where to start! I'm completely clueless on bootloaders and how to install them. The last bootloader I tried to install made my EmpireEFI almost unbootable. None of the kexts I downloaded/installed are working, and if they are, I don't even know how to check them. Can anyone point me to a few basic guides? Such as how to install bootloaders, edit the com.apple.plist, work with strings (EFI), installing and checking for working kexts, utilities to help with the job, debugging, dealing with kernal panics, DSDT editing (REALLY lost on that one), ect?

Also, if you could be so kind as to take a look at my hardware and recommend me some kexts to try out, that'd be great.

Even with my incredibly ignorant knowledge, I've somehow managed to get OS X installed on my computer, thanks to a guide written around the G41-ES2L version of my motherboard with a 9series GFX card.

Here are my Specs:

Snow Leopard 10.6.3

Gigabyte G41M - ES2H

Dual Screen, HDMI Primary, VGA secondary

1.5TB SATA Hard Drive - Running SL 10.6.4, OOB

320TB SATA Hard Drive - Running XP SP3

4GB x 1 G-Skill - Recognized by SL, OOB

Wolfdale Intel P4 Dual Core OC'd to 2.8Ghz - Recognized by SL (after RidgeLine Install Package)

Nvidia GeForce MSI 9400GT (VGA+HDMI): VGA working, OOB. HDMI NOT working, maybe due to me not putting "Graphicsenabler=Yes" in the bootlist. NvidiaEnabler, NvidiaInject causes black screens on boot, again, may be due to lack of "graphicsenabler=Yes."

Onboard Video Intel GMA X4500: Recognized by SL 10.6.4, OOB

Realtek ALC888B: NOT Recognized by SL 10.6.4, NOT working with AppleHDA, VoodooHDA.

Realtek 8110SC: NOT recognized, NOT working.

Booting with EmpireEFI CD + USB Combo.

EDIT: Audio, Built-in Ethernet are working, thanks to VoodooHDA.kext and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].