• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

cactusjack901

cactusjack901

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Alright, so I got OS X installed using the guide from maceee.blogspot.com for Snow Leopard and I used Kext Helper to get the new drivers for the Wifi card working. I just have a few remaining questions

1) I installed NBI, and it's corresponding Chameleon, Is there any way I can put the timeout like the one from MyHackInstaller, because I am going to dual-boot from an external HDD soon

2) What are the steps I have to go through for using NBI to update (the reason I installed it), and keeping everything working

3) Is it possible to get the Battery Meter working?

VFR_Pilot

VFR_Pilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Alright, so I got OS X installed using the guide from maceee.blogspot.com for Snow Leopard and I used Kext Helper to get the new drivers for the Wifi card working. I just have a few remaining questions

1) I installed NBI, and it's corresponding Chameleon, Is there any way I can put the timeout like the one from MyHackInstaller, because I am going to dual-boot from an external HDD soon

2) What are the steps I have to go through for using NBI to update (the reason I installed it), and keeping everything working

3) Is it possible to get the Battery Meter working?

Answers for everything you have asked are available in the comments section on the MacEee blog for SL. Use your browser to search the comments for the issues you face and follow the advise given.

There are also tutorials here on InsanelyMac that will help you, so don't feel reluctant to use the search facilities here to research your problems if you feel that the MacEee site is unable to help.

Hopefully that is of some assistance.

cactusjack901

cactusjack901

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Thanks, I think I have everything figured out now. I have but one final question that I can't seem to find help on. I installed iTunes 10, and now MP3 playback seems very choppy. I doubt it's related to iTunes 10 though, since it happens in everything I play MP3s with. I'm going to try again after I update to 10.6.4, then I'll update this post with more details

UPDATE: Well, 10.6.4 is up and running, and I still had audio issues, but I updated my VoodooHDA.kext to 0.2.62 and it seems to be running BEAUTIFULLY now.

Only thing left is to figure out how to edit Chameleon's settings... And the Battery meter, but that's not essential right now, my Eee is rarely unplugged

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy