iAtkos on Dell Inspiron 1750?

NikosM

2 posts in this topic

• 3 months later...
Hello,

I own a mac mini and recently bought a Dell Inspiron 1750. It comes with a Intel Pentium T4400, 3GB ram and 320GB HDD. I was wondering if someone has done a iAtkos installation with this, and if so, were you successful?

Thank you! :help:

I used the iAtkos s3 Snow Leopard DVD, using the Chameleon kernel, PS/2 patch and the Broadcom patch.. make sure you UN select 'RTC' (it's selected by default and causes kernel panics on reboot)

For the video, I tried all the different .kexts for the x4500 and ended up with black screen on reboot.. had to add the 'dsdt.asl' file in the root folder.

That got me to a desktop, but with pointer problems, and bad vertical lines on the laptops display, but crystal clear secondary monitor.

With .kexts removed, I was left with a 1024x768 (stretched) display.. which sucked. Bad.

I was able to use the boot file from the Deviato method to change the screen resolution, currently running at 1400x900, OpenGL Engine activated via EFI String. No QE.

Still looking for a way to enable secondary monitor AND give me a clear primary screen.

System is fast and stable.. my dell has the same specs as yours, but i've got 4gb of RAM