DellMini10V Hackintosh has just started crashing - bad blocks!

El Furd

1 post in this topic

I have been using my Hackintoshed Dell Mini 10V for about three months, and it's worked beautifully. All of the sudden, yesterday, after getting back from a long international trip (where it worked fine), it has started crashing. The gray box that says SHUT DOWN YOUR COMPUTER NOW. Three times in the last 24 hours. Not sure if I am doing something to cause it, but nothing I can identify. The HD is pretty full up - about 13 gigs free, out of 160. But I don't think that should cause random crashes...

Any help?

I tried repairng permissions, but there weren't even any that needed repairing... so I did hardware check, and it said I had bad blocks. To repair them, I need to boot from the install disk. So I recreated the usb install disk, complete with netbook booter, but for some reason I can't get it to boot from that, even though I moved it to the top of the queue in the boot-up f2 stage. Not even sure if that would be the right thing to do- hoping i didn't erase my machine...

Anyway, what should I do? Specific instructions much appreciated.