iAtkos vs { Empire EFI, iBoot, MyHack }

Montechristos

2 posts in this topic

I've been fighting days to start an installation on my Lenovo T60.

All of Empire EFI, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], MyHack give me a kernel panic (see http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=230631)

I finally managed to start using iAtkos. It is the only one that goes through the installation. (I'll post more results as I configure more and more)

What is so different from all the above installations that make it not even start and iAtkos works?

TIA

• 5 months later...

Because iAtkos has all the patches built in, and will automatically select the ones needed.

In fact, even if you're doing a retail install, you could boot iAtkos with -v just to see the drivers and patches it loads, which will tell you pretty much all you need. For example I needed the nForce 4 chipset driver, apple PS/2 and a few others, and iAtkos automatically loaded them, so all I had to do was write them down whilst it was booting, then select them. Alternatively I could've done a retail install, and installed them afterwards. However the reason this may not work is because a few of the patches are essential just to boot, such as the chipset one.

Hope I helped!

Ed