OS X on the HP dv6-3019wm ?

GazaIan

2 posts in this topic

hello to all at InsanelyMac. i have an HP Pavilion dv6-3019wm notebook, and i was wondering what distro should i use to install, since Leo4all seems to stop loading after the Darwin bootloader.

Here are the specs according to CPU-Z and GPU-Z

Capture.png

Cpu.png

gpu.png

Please note, i have a recovery partition that i dont want to lose, and my computer also came with Splashtop Linux [ HP QuickWeb and HP calls it ], and i really want to keep both. if i have to lose Splashtop, fine, but i NEED the recovery partition.

So what distro should i use? i DO have the Original Snow Leopard disc so if anyone wants to throw in instructions for that, thats fine.

Also i must mention, i can only boot from a USB. if i absolutely need to use the DVD discs, fine, but as of now im only working with an 8 Gig USB Flash drive.

I must also mention, i have tried Leo4all v4 and iDeneb 10.5.6. Both seem to fail at bootup. iDeneb tells me i need to restart as soon as the Apple logo came, so i supposed it had a kernel panic. also i tried Leo4all, and i ended up going to verbose mode where the system hanged from there. all it showed was the _ and that was it.

So again, what distro is the best for me ?