Need Help for Sound and Internet!

Killiam

8 posts in this topic

I've been doing research and cannot find for the life of me how to make my audio and internet working... I have an EVGA x58 132-BL-e758-A1 mobo and I am so close on finishing my hackintosh. Currently I am running 10.6.0 and want to see the outcome once I update to 10.6.4. Please can ANYONE help me!!! Greatly Appreciated :D

Everything should be working except sleep.

EVGA X58 758

We have the same board so if you need my kext's? PM me

It's most likely your DSDT it has to be patched or you need the KEXT's

Audio HERE:

Legacy889HDA.kext.zip Go's in the Extra/Extensions

Depending on the AppleHDA 10.6.0 - 10.6.5 they must be patched also go to Here and look

Audio AppleHDA for your SL Go's in System/Library/Extensions

Use Terminal or To install AppleHDA

Im running SL Beta 10.6.5

Ethernet both working 100%

All is working. Digital 5.1 works

Wireless workin in 64bit or 32bit works well !

I have the kext for 64 bit... recommend, It works natively in 32bit but remember to turn the PCI-E X 4 port ON/OFF in the BIOS

And get yourself the bluetooth

Works great, natively recognized SL10.6.0 -10.6.5

Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad and Keyboard are easy and eye pleasing

I dled the kext and used kext helper and I also dled the AppleHDA, but still no success... Anyway you could show me a quick step by step because I feel like I'm missing something... BTW I greatly appreciate your help.

Everything should be working except sleep.

EVGA X58 758

We have the same board so if you need my kext's? PM me

It's most likely your DSDT it has to be patched or you need the KEXT's

Audio HERE:

Legacy889HDA.kext.zip Go's in the Extra/Extensions

Depending on the AppleHDA 10.6.0 - 10.6.5 they must be patched also go to Here and look

Audio AppleHDA for your SL Go's in System/Library/Extensions

Use Terminal or To install AppleHDA

Im running SL Beta 10.6.5

Ethernet both working 100%

All is working. Digital 5.1 works

Wireless workin in 64bit or 32bit works well !

I have the kext for 64 bit... recommend, It works natively in 32bit but remember to turn the PCI-E X 4 port ON/OFF in the BIOS

And get yourself the bluetooth

Works great, natively recognized SL10.6.0 -10.6.5

Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad and Keyboard are easy and eye pleasing

Here, this has the patch:

EVGA X58, 132-BL-E758-A1 DSDT DSDT.aml.zip

pic.gif

Place the DSDT in the root or whats known a C: or primary; replace yours with this but move your DSDT to a Folder, I keep a spare in my Extra's to work on if I want to tinker.

AppleHDA in the S/L/E folder

SL 10.6.4

Run this too

Edited by Hangten

Okay, so I did forget to tell you that this is my first time building a hackintosh. I'm having the most frustrating time trying to understand how the DSDT works and how to patch it. I know it's probably simple, but I am getting no luck... If there is any way you can give me more steps so I know I am doing this properly because at the moment I feel like I've done so many different attempts that I don't know if I've messed anything up I'd greatly appreciate it. If it's too much to ask, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT, I'm grateful that you've helped me this far... hopefully I'll figure it out because this is actually the ONLY thing that's keeping my hackintosh from being COMPLETE. I was successful on my ethernet which didn't take me too long, but for some reason AUDIO IS BEING THE BIGGEST PAIN! I have 10.6.4 now and it's running great. Let me know when you can. Thanks again.

Here, this has the patch:

EVGA X58, 132-BL-E758-A1 DSDT DSDT.aml.zip

pic.gif

Place the DSDT in the root or whats known a C: or primary; replace yours with this but move you DSDT to a Folder, I keep a spare in my Extra's to work on if I want to tinker.

AppleHDA in the S/L/E folder

SL 10.6.4

Run this too

I used Kalway to install SL, installed Chameleon, and installed OSX project tools which helped run my videocard and followed the instructions on infinite mac. Whatever it told me to do I did, but I wasn't fully knowledgeable on what it all meant. So I dled the kexts that you posted up previously and the DSDT. Now putting the DSDT in the root of my system was where I felt was the issue. I was trying to find the instructions on how to replace the dsdt in the root of my system, but no luck or I am definitely having a difficult time performing it properly. I don't want to use the beta just yet I just want to play it safe and have the necessary kexts for the audio to run.

Hey, what method of install did you use?

The DSDT is in a zip so unzip and drag it to replace but copy yours first to another folder for backup. Thats it.

The DSDT talks to the BIOS and translates the boards I/O so your kext's communicate to your HARDWARE so its motherboard specific so you can't or shouldn't use another board unless its the same model and make. This also how your CPU tells your Mac OSX its parameters. Sometimes the issue is with the BIOS if there is drastic revisions made to updates. EVGA is always trying to update that stuff and i constantly do. I am sure your board should run fine.

Its most likely because your not all vanilla that your having issues, I would say most EVGA owner's with our board did a Vanilla install. I use SL retail disc and used Mac OSX in VM running in Windows 7 to configure my SSD. I would make multiple patricians and Carbon Copy Cloner to backup my OSX. This way you can repair different updates if they go wrong.

You can use this method for a totally clean install without a Mac