Installing iAtkos S3 v2 10.6.3 on a Acer Aspire 5810

Jim-Panse

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I've recently downloaded iAtkos S3 v2 10.6.3 and wanted to install it on my Acer Aspire 5810. First I tried out VirtualBox which works great. There were no problems before, while and after installation. But when I burned the image to DVD (I've patched the original image to v2 before burning it to a DVD) and tried to boot it I get the bootloader screen and then for seconds the apple bootscreen appears and then my computers just restarts. I've tried every possible flags like -v, -x, -busratio=21, -cpus=1, cpus=8, maxmem=2048, graphicsmode=1024x768x32, but still no chance. So I wanted to know where the problem is and I booted several times in verbose mode. It was hard to read the log before my computer restarted, but I could read the following two lines:

No SMBIOS found

Patched DMI table

(or similar)

I've tried every single BIOS settings and boot flags but still there's no solution. Here are my BIOS options and my system configuration:

- Intel Core i7 860

- P55 Express OEM Mainboad with OEM BIOS

- 6144 MB DDR3 RAM

- NVIDIA GeForce GTS240 2048 MB VRAM

- 320 GB Samsung HD

- 1 TB Seagate HD

- memory hole remapping = off

- SATA AHCI mode = on

I hope someone of you guys encountered the same problem and knows a solution. Are there any other possible ways to install Snow Leopard on a PC? My brother has a Snow Leopard Retail DVD so I could get it and install a bootloader. Or maybe I need to buy a new mainboard?