Dell Inspiron 14R E596 (N4010) with Intel HD graphics

Christoff

58 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am glad I found it here. I bought a broken Dell Inspiron N4010 for $50(SOLD AS IS) and just replaced a new screen, so my son can use it for his school. I have been trying for almost 6 hrs now to install Lion GM but no luck... always just hangs and never gets passed to the install part of it. I did try the 10.6.6i and got to the installation part but had to stop, because I didn't write down any hardware info. I will you know the result.

CHEERS!

Well, I finally have it. Mac OS x 10.6.8 Installed. Working sound, working ethernet, working graphics -- no native res.

I'm now stuck on trying to boot Lion Installer.

Can you share the DSDT.aml so I can try it with Lion?

Thanks

Hi all,

I am glad I found it here. I bought a broken Dell Inspiron N4010 for $50(SOLD AS IS) and just replaced a new screen, so my son can use it for his school. I have been trying for almost 6 hrs now to install Lion GM but no luck... always just hangs and never gets passed to the install part of it. I did try the 10.6.6i and got to the installation part but had to stop, because I didn't write down any hardware info. I will you know the result.

CHEERS!

Can you share the DSDT.aml so I can try it with Lion?

Thanks

I actually got into Mac OSX 10.6.8 without the DSDT.aml. I installed basic 10.6.3 with its core essential from Iatkos (smbios, evoreboot, etc), booted into 10.6.3, ran 10.6.8 update, removed all Video kexts, ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], and replaced the kernal with the stock 10.6.7 which boots up right away on my laptop. I got an Intel HD graphics Kext from this forum I believe, after a google search, and although it works the two bugs I noticed are that whenever I use Finder graphics are choppy, I assume some corrections to the file or my settings are in order. Perhaps it is the lack of FB kext.

I am stuck at the same point as you are, as the lion installer does not boot either. What boot disc did you use?

I have i3 380M busratio 19, 500 GB hd, Intel HD, 4 GIGA RAM. Will that be good for you? I don't mind uploading my DSDT for a chance to get into lion, but I got it via auto patcher on iatkos 7 (which was the only way I manged to boot into an install cd. Didn't try i10.6.6).

Here is my dsdt. Let me know if you ever manage to get on lion installer.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=616UG2YB

I actually got into Mac OSX 10.6.8 without the DSDT.aml. I installed basic 10.6.3 with its core essential from Iatkos (smbios, evoreboot, etc), booted into 10.6.3, ran 10.6.8 update, removed all Video kexts, ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], and replaced the kernal with the stock 10.6.7 which boots up right away on my laptop. I got an Intel HD graphics Kext from this forum I believe, after a google search, and although it works the two bugs I noticed are that whenever I use Finder graphics are choppy, I assume some corrections to the file or my settings are in order. Perhaps it is the lack of FB kext.

I am stuck at the same point as you are, as the lion installer does not boot either. What boot disc did you use?

I have i3 370M busratio 19, 500 GB hd, Intel HD, 4 GIGA RAM. Will that be good for you? I don't mind uploading my DSDT for a chance to get into lion, but I got it via auto patcher on iatkos 7 (which was the only way I manged to boot into an install cd. Didn't try i10.6.6).

Here is my dsdt. Let me know if you ever manage to get on lion installer.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=616UG2YB

I have i3 350M busratio 17(my best guess), 500GB hd, Intel HD, 6 GB RAM. I managed to successfully install the 10.6.6i, but the speaker keep buzzing every time boot into it. I then decided to install W7 just for now. I will try the Lion again with your DSDT file and will let you know the result. Have you ever successfully installed the Lion? Thank you for the DSDT file.

Quick update. With merdeanick's DSDT file... It did boot pass the "DMOS has arrived" which is normally hangs... and got the error that has to do with AppleHDA driver(sound issue.) I might try deleting the AppleHDA.kext to see what happens.

i have a DELL VOSTRO 330 ALL IN ONE PC. with similar specs as the dell 14r laptop in the post. specs are: core i3 2.53GHZ 380M, 4GB ram, hm57 intel 5 series chipset, intel R HD graphics, 500GB HDD. and i was wondering if i could get QE/CI running also. i installed IATKOS s3 v2 successully but i cant seem to update from the many videos i tried, i keep getting Kernel Panics. i figure ill just stay with this for now. anyone have any ideas how i could make QE/CI work? thanks

I have i3 350M busratio 17(my best guess), 500GB hd, Intel HD, 6 GB RAM. I managed to successfully install the 10.6.6i, but the speaker keep buzzing every time boot into it. I then decided to install W7 just for now. I will try the Lion again with your DSDT file and will let you know the result. Have you ever successfully installed the Lion? Thank you for the DSDT file.

go into the sound settings and lower ur mic volume. same thing happend for me also. that should stop it

Well, I finally have it. Mac OS x 10.6.8 Installed. Working sound, working ethernet, working graphics -- no native res.

I'm now stuck on trying to boot Lion Installer.

hey can you please tell me how you got urs working. i have similar specs on my dell vostro 330

The update portion was a pain at first. I kept on getting kernal panic with 10.6.7, 10.6.8 (for the most part) went smoothly. At any rate, there is an update helper with removes the problematic kexts, and enables you to update safely.

After the update, I erased all the graphic kexts, and installed the intel HD kext. It is still somewhat choppy. I am not sure, but i think it is because I didn't install the frame buffer kext.

At any rate, it is a very simple process.

Cliffs:

1. Install any retail version.

2. Run Update helper.

3. Update.

4. Remove all video kexts (nvidia, ati, intel, geforce)

5. Reboot into your new os (i used the 10.6.7 kernal to boot) -- remember to use busratio=

6. Install [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and intel HD kexts.

7. Find a way to get me on the damn Lion Installer.

Needless to say, I did all these steps with MINIMAL bios settings. Everything that was not required, was off.