Dell Inspiron 14R E596 (N4010) with Intel HD graphics

Christoff

58 posts in this topic

i got 10.6.3 installed on my dell n4010 (i3 m350)

but it wont boot, at the chameleon bootloader, i get this:

312hglw.jpg

Im not sure what to do next/

Did you try typing busratio=17 before booting up? (just hit space bar at the bootloader prompt then type)

for I3 m350 i think is busratio=16 , anyone of you knows how to patch the intel HD Kexts ? you have to put your graphics card ID Number in intel HD Kext with Dsdt patcher also, i dont know how to but that should solve our problems!

Sorry, I'm at a loss there...also busratio=17 works for me and I have the 350m, not sure about 16, but if you say it works, that's good.

Thought I would throw in my device id's too if anyone has a similar setup (used lspci on a linux live cd)

linux:/home/linux # lspci

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Device 0044 (rev 12)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Device 0046 (rev 12)

00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak HECI Controller (rev 06)

00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak USB2 Enhanced Host Controller (rev 06)

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak High Definition Audio (rev 06)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev 06)

00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak PCI Express Root Port 2 (rev 06)

00:1c.5 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak PCI Express Root Port 6 (rev 06)

00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak USB2 Enhanced Host Controller (rev 06)

00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev a6)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak LPC Interface Controller (rev 06)

00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak 6 port SATA AHCI Controller (rev 06)

00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak SMBus Controller (rev 06)

00:1f.6 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak Thermal Subsystem (rev 06)

03:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation Device 4727 (rev 01)

04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Attansic Technology Corp. Device 2060 (rev c1)

ff:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Device 2c62 (rev 02)

ff:00.1 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Device 2d01 (rev 02)

ff:02.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Device 2d10 (rev 02)

ff:02.1 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Device 2d11 (rev 02)

ff:02.2 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Device 2d12 (rev 02)

ff:02.3 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Device 2d13 (rev 02)

Maybe someone can help us out????

• 2 weeks later...
im currently running 10.6.3 after using a retail DVD to install. Im just getting my kext's going now.

yes, please post detailed instructions on how you got this to work.

I tried the latest [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] ( both nvidia and supported ) and neither would even boot, they complained about some ACPI problem.

I have been able to get the iatkos s3 v2 disk boot and install, but when I try to boot off my new OSX installation the machine just resets, I tried doing a -v to get verbose output but it scrolls by to fast to see what is failing.

Any help on getting this to actually boot into a working 10.6.x system?

yes, please post detailed instructions on how you got this to work.

I tried the latest [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] ( both nvidia and supported ) and neither would even boot, they complained about some ACPI problem.

I have been able to get the iatkos s3 v2 disk boot and install, but when I try to boot off my new OSX installation the machine just resets, I tried doing a -v to get verbose output but it scrolls by to fast to see what is failing.

Any help on getting this to actually boot into a working 10.6.x system?

At the boot screen, select your install, hit the space bar, and type busratio=17 (if you have the core i3, 350m, or if you have a different processor you need to look up the busratio) ------- make sense? It works

At the boot screen, select your install, hit the space bar, and type busratio=17 (if you have the core i3, 350m, or if you have a different processor you need to look up the busratio) ------- make sense? It works

I did that, got it to install from the iaktos disk, but it still won't boot from the newly installed hard drive. Doesn't work for me and a couple of other people, it just dies and I can't see why it flashes by so quickly before it reboots and does it all over again.

I did that, got it to install from the iaktos disk, but it still won't boot from the newly installed hard drive. Doesn't work for me and a couple of other people, it just dies and I can't see why it flashes by so quickly before it reboots and does it all over again.

Same here, I managed to install vanilla but it keeps rebooting and I never managed to boot it after install.

Same here, I managed to install vanilla but it keeps rebooting and I never managed to boot it after install.

I disabled the sound and selected the Intel VGA drivers from "customize", I selected the 10.3 kernel and used the default bootloader.

when it reboots, hit the space bar and type -v -cpus=1 busratio=17

I was able to get it to boot, but then I had no keyboard nor trackpad, so it is kind of useless still at that point.

using an external usb keyboard and mouse works, but I am trying this on an external usb harddrive so I really need at least the native keyboard to function as this POS laptop only has 2 usb ports.

does anyone know what to select on install to get the native keyboard and or trackpad to work?

Please Help! i have a Dell 14R N4010 notebook have tried iatkos S3 , partially working (cant get graphics) with retail canoot boot without boot cd , and hazard cannot start Instalation busratio is 17 by the way.Anyone could get Intel HD graphics with Quartz extreme and full resolution? need it for Logic 9 mainly

Specs:

Dell 14R touchpad

Dell 14R features a Samsung screen.

camera

two 14R wireless antennas

Core i5 430M processor

N4010 HD 5470 discrete graphics

14R PCH chip

Dell Inspiron 14R Dual DDR3 memory slots (4 GB 1066)

card reader and Bluetooth module

hard disk and CD-ROM SATA Interface

N4010 ATHEROS AR8152 LAN chip

REALTEK ALC269 CODEC chip

N4010 Mini PCIE slot for the installation of wireless LAN equipment

Dell Page With drivers http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?spf ... srch=False

Please Help!

Thanks!

Christoff

PD:im aNewbie

Here is what I got to work so far with help from this thread

Installed from iAKTOS S3 V2 had to hit F8 and then space bar, typed busratio=17 to get it to install. I left it with the default bootloader, deselected sound and selected the Intel VGA drivers.

I also selected the 10.3 kernel ( which is supposed to be the default )

On first boot into the new installation I had to again hit the space bar and type cpus=1 busratio=17 to get it to successfully boot into OSX.

Once booted into the newly installed OSX 10.6.3 I get the no keyboard attached screen. I have no trackpad either.

I only have 2 USB ports and need one for my boot drive, I am not going to mess up my working Windows 7 partition until I get at least the built in keyboard and trackpad to work.

Can anyone tell what we need to select on install to get the built in keyboard and trackpad to work on boot, it works fine in the iAKTOS installer screens, so it has to work on the installed OSX as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Here is what I got to work so far with help from this thread

Installed from iAKTOS S3 V2 had to hit F8 and then space bar, typed busratio=17 to get it to install. I left it with the default bootloader, deselected sound and selected the Intel VGA drivers.

I also selected the 10.3 kernel ( which is supposed to be the default )

On first boot into the new installation I had to again hit the space bar and type cpus=1 busratio=17 to get it to successfully boot into OSX.

Once booted into the newly installed OSX 10.6.3 I get the no keyboard attached screen. I have no trackpad either.

I only have 2 USB ports and need one for my boot drive, I am not going to mess up my working Windows 7 partition until I get at least the built in keyboard and trackpad to work.

Can anyone tell what we need to select on install to get the built in keyboard and trackpad to work on boot, it works fine in the iAKTOS installer screens, so it has to work on the installed OSX as well.

The track pad and keyboard you mus install voodoo kexts .

It seems that www.tonymac.org have a booter with intel HD kext, any info on this?

I managed to install vanilla 10.6.3 but when I tried to update do 10.6.4 I broke my install and only got kernel panics since then.

I'll try it again, once I got all figured it out I'll post a guide for everybody.

One thing I must say in advance: get a DVD of the SL 10.6.3 because the DVD from 10.6.0 is harder to install. Also get the latest version of [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/Public/[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].zip), because it already contains the 10.4 kernel that support our i5 natively without the need for "cpus=1" or "busratio=17" thing.

I managed to make the trackpad, keyboard and the Ethernet work out of the box. Graphics and Wireless are still an issue (specially the first).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi,

kalyway 10.5.1 installed fine.

use mbr parttion and mbr efi to install

after install no qe/ci , no audio , no wifi but install is stable no kernel panic etc.....

working on snow leopard.... if it work i will post the tutorial :)

• 2 weeks later...

i have same laptop(with intel hd graphics) and tried to install mac os x (iaktos s3 v2) as u described, i used busratio=17. but when i restart i have boot error(i deselect sound and select VGA Intel). Can anyone help me this install, pls?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

N4010 + iAtkos S3 v2 + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] = WORKING!

I just bought N4010 (inspron 14r) computer for $399 and successfuly got OSX installed using iAtkos S3 v2 (10.6.3).

my N4010 specs:

i3 2.5GHZ m380 CPU

200GB HD (cant remember speed)

intel wifi

atheros ethernet

multitouch trackpad.

I was able to get the iAtkos cd to boot using busratio=19. From iAtkos I installed the chameleon bootloader, the qoopz 10.3.0 kernel, atheros ethernet driver. For video I just checked 'intel'.

After the install was complete I got 'boot0: error'. I resolved this by using an [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] DVD i had created earlier, but I dont see why I had to do this because i installed the chameleon bootloader but o well. So I have to keep the cd in my computer until i find an alternative.

I could not get it to boot without using cpus=1. What was weird though is that the first time i started the computer with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] I did not have to use any commands but when it was going through the setup process I told it to take a picture from my camera which locked up the setup process and when I rebooted I then had to use cpus=1. So if you get as far as i did, choose a picture from the selection provided.

ALSO.. when it first booted the mic was working because I could hear strong feedback starting at the apple logo and spinning gear.

whats working and whats not:

-Sound OUT = WORKING!

-Microphone = detected but not working?

-Multitouch trackpad = WORKING!!! both up and down and left to right (using two fingers). This is working better than it does in windows 7?! WTF?!

-Video = WORKING! no qe/ci yet

-RAM = FULLY RECOGNIZED (including proper speed)

-Ethernet = RECOGNIZED ( havnt tested yet)

-Wireless = NOT RECOGNIZED.

-Bluetooth = NOT RECOGNIZED.

-Camera = Detected BUT NOT WORKING (im guessing a driver is all that is needed.

-Battery = Status is at %0 all the time.

-Power Button = WORKS! provides shutdown sleep options

- Media Buttons (volume, play, skip) = WORKING.

- Battery = Recognized and provides pretty accurate battery readings. I believe i choose the intel power management or some other power management option from the iAtkos DVD.

-Sleep = will go to sleep kind of. The screen does not shut off even if you close the lid and the only way to wake it up appears to be to press the power button and release or just try pressing a bunch of keys but all in all I would avoid putting it to sleep.

-SD Card reader = WORKING

-estata = NOT TESTED

- HDMI = NOT WORKING (recognized as digital out?)

Ill keep you guys posted as I work on it more. All of the stuff above is working or not working with the default iAtkos DVD, no additional kexts were loaded after the install so its possible to get alot more stuff working.

N4010 + iAtkos S3 v2 + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] = WORKING!

I just bought N4010 (inspron 14r) computer for $399 and successfuly got OSX installed using iAtkos S3 v2 (10.6.3).

my N4010 specs:

i3 2.5GHZ m380 CPU

200GB HD (cant remember speed)

intel wifi

atheros ethernet

multitouch trackpad.

I was able to get the iAtkos cd to boot using busratio=19. From iAtkos I installed the chameleon bootloader, the qoopz 10.3.0 kernel, atheros ethernet driver. For video I just checked 'intel'.

After the install was complete I got 'boot0: error'. I resolved this by using an [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] DVD i had created earlier, but I dont see why I had to do this because i installed the chameleon bootloader but o well. So I have to keep the cd in my computer until i find an alternative.

I could not get it to boot without using cpus=1. What was weird though is that the first time i started the computer with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] I did not have to use any commands but when it was going through the setup process I told it to take a picture from my camera which locked up the setup process and when I rebooted I then had to use cpus=1. So if you get as far as i did, choose a picture from the selection provided.

ALSO.. when it first booted the mic was working because I could hear strong feedback starting at the apple logo and spinning gear.

whats working and whats not:

-Sound OUT = WORKING!

-Microphone = detected but not working?

-Multitouch trackpad = WORKING!!! both up and down and left to right (using two fingers). This is working better than it does in windows 7?! WTF?!

-Video = WORKING! no qe/ci yet

-RAM = FULLY RECOGNIZED (including proper speed)

-Ethernet = RECOGNIZED ( havnt tested yet)

-Wireless = NOT RECOGNIZED.

-Bluetooth = NOT RECOGNIZED.

-Camera = Detected BUT NOT WORKING.

-Battery = Status is at %0 all the time.

-Power Button = WORKS! provides shutdown sleep options

-Sleep = will go to sleep kind of. The screen does not shut off even if you close the lid and the only way to wake it up appears to be to press the power button and release or just try pressing a bunch of keys but all in all I would avoid putting it to sleep.

Ill keep you guys posted as I work on it more. All of the stuff above is working or not working with the default iAtkos DVD, no additional kexts were loaded after the install so its possible to get alot more stuff working.

I realized that person who created the post already had this working so I hope this just provides some further info. I also realized that after I installed iAtkos, my windows partition no longer booted and i would get a bluescreen of death. I think the bootloader for windows was wiped out so. I couldnt repair it so I had to reisntall windows and then OSX stopped booting so I reinstalled it without a bootloader this time which resolved the issue and I can boot into windows now with mac osx installed too.

Im updating the post from OSX using an airlink 101 usb card. Ill continue to update as I find more things out.

I realized that person who created the post already had this working so I hope this just provides some further info. I also realized that after I installed iAtkos, my windows partition no longer booted and i would get a bluescreen of death. I think the bootloader for windows was wiped out so. I couldnt repair it so I had to reisntall windows and then OSX stopped booting so I reinstalled it without a bootloader this time which resolved the issue and I can boot into windows now with mac osx installed too.

Im updating the post from OSX using an airlink 101 usb card. Ill continue to update as I find more things out.

Im able to boot with (busratio=19 cpus=2). Im hoping with that it is actually using both cores.

• 1 month later...

I didn´t have any luck, with graphics or ethernet, i think it was not very stable, any news on this?

i would like to use logic 9 at least have qe graphics and a little more resolution.

any news?

thanks

Christian

PD: im with windows 7 for now

• 2 months later...

First post I believe.

Bought this laptop 2 days ago.

So far, I have 10.6.3 installed successfully and booting from drive on r14 n4010 380m i3. busratio=19 if memory serves.

I used Iatkos v7 to install a booting mac osx leo on a usb, booted it, and installed Iatkos v3 from the running partition, with some basic kexts. Didn't have too much time to trouble shoot as I am still relentlessly trying to install 10.6.8. So far, Installed successfully over 10 times, haven't found a way to boot into it yet. I guess I would need to find an appropriate Intel HD kext, and insert proper hardware location. Or so I hope.

So far on 10.6.3 I go Battery working, but according to the calculations, power consumption is twice as as when on Windows or Linux. Sleep is halting, but a few taps on the power button unfreezes the computer. Sound is working, and ethernet is stable and working using athros. No damn wifi yet, or Q/E, though I didn't really run tests.

That's as much as I can recall so far. If anyone could give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it. I am quite new to hackintosh.

Edit:

I've forgot to mention, I've been trying to use auto patched DSDT file to boot into osx 10.6.8, but I'm afraid it constantly halts at some point during loading, no kernel panic presented in verbous mode. It is as if the video desktop failed to initialize, but without any errors displayed. I constantly get stuck in that stage on various bios settings and kext settings. With appropriate bios settings and some minimal kexts installed, I also get stuck on the same stage while loading dsdt-free.

I also tried installing lion so far without sucess.