MacDrive

37 posts in this topic

I need to know, it seems everybody is succesful at using macdrive 6.1.4. For me, I cant seem to see my OS X86 partition even if i click "view mac disk in my computer"

I'm not too sure about the HFS+ thing i've been reading about....just so anybody would know,

through partitionmagic, my OS X86 partition is labelled as TypeAF.

So, can anybody help me? Just want share my files between windows and mac without creating a new FAT32 partition.

Thank you

Do you have dameontools or something similar installed (used for mounting disk images in windows). It uses a SCSI pass-thorough driver that's incompatible with MacDrive. You can have one or the other, not both!

Uninstalling Alcohlol or Daemon Tools 4.x is not enough, the SPTD drivers will remain loaded. In the directory \Windows\System32\drivers\ find the files that beginn with sptd (e.g. sptd.sys & sptd2205.sys) and rename them to something else (like sptd.sys_) so they do not get loaded @ startup anymore.

Restart you machine.

If you did not have any sptd drivers in that directory, press your keyboard's Windows-key + R - the little RUN window will pop up. Type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter - the Disk Management console will come up. The console will see your HFS partition. Right mouse click onto it and assign a drive letter of your choice.

Thank you...for all the replies

It now works like a charm...with the SPTD remover.

So. just want to make it clear, with MacDrive installed...i cant use Alcohol 120% right? It's either one of them.

Alright...and if i want Alcohol, just uninstall MacDrive and reinstall alcohol..

Thank you!

no, you can reinstall Alcohol and then uninstall the SPTD-drivers. The only thing that does not work in Alcohol then is the virtual drive(s). If you start Alcohol with the SPTD drivers uninstalled Alcohol gives you a little message that the image drives won't work, that's all. I am running Alcohol + MacDrive on both of my machines :)

.. and Daemon Tools 3.x, as (I think) mentioned before (?), and the PowerISO image drive(s) .. all of these working alongside MacDrive and along each other absolutely fine on my desktop and my laptop.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watch out with MacDrive - it is not really compatible with our hackint0sh HFS+ partitions and has a tendancy to f*** up your HFS filesystem if writing to it. Copying out of HFS is fine, though.

I've done this and still can't get macdrive working. in dskmgmnt i can't select change drive letter. help!

Same prob like me....changin the drive letter is greyed out. I will have a look with the acronis dosk director if I can create a drive letter.

any other ideas?

Well, I gave the mac disk a drive letter with disk director but it's still not visible in the windows explorer...maybe after a restart? I will try......one moment please.

Finally, it works!

After my last restart my mac HD still wasn't visible for XP, only in the diskmgmt.msc and in Acronis Disk Director.

Because I can't chnage the drive letter in diskmgmt.msc, I've done it in the Disk Director. But - still dirive not visible.

Last solution - update MacDrive to the latest version. I had 6.0.5 running - now, with 6.1.5, my harddisk is visible and usable.

Great!