new to this place, staying a while

moleman2009

6 posts in this topic

Hi, im rather new to the hackintosh stage but am diving in head first, im a previous owner of a 2006 macbook that recently died and instead of shelling out another $1000 for a new one i figured why not use the spare laptop i have handy.

i hope to get a lot of help around here and thanks in advanced!

as well here seems to be my issue.

i purchased a copy of os x 10.6.3 to use for this as well i am using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to get it started, so far the only way i can even get close to the installation continueing is by using the commandline

-x32 -v -x -f

after using that it gets all the way to a grey screen and just sits there with the occasional spin up of the dvd-drive.

my system specs seem to be fine considering they are almost exact to my 2006 mac book, intel core 2 duo, 2 gb ram, intel 945m graphics set.

does anyone have any ideas why it would hang at this?

the model of laptop i am using is the toshiba satellite p105-s6114

if anyone has any clue please let me know it would be greatly appreciated

-moleman2009

When you are new to installing OS X on a PC, a distribution would give you a much better chance of succeeding than a vanilla install.

You could try Hazard or iAtkos S3.

after reading the reply i also gave iAtkos S3 v2 a try which installed fine but ended up once the install completed with a sign that told me i had to restart and thats all it ever does.

using iAtkos v7 it installs fine but then gives me a kernal panic , ran it after that with -v -x to get an image of the panic code (image is attached to the post)

using iDeneb 1.4 it installs fine however sound doesnt work and video is very glitchy shifting back anf forth from side to side very rapidly any ideas?

post-661116-1283278852_thumb.jpg

after reading the reply i also gave iAtkos S3 v2 a try which installed fine but ended up once the install completed with a sign that told me i had to restart and thats all it ever does.

using iAtkos v7 it installs fine but then gives me a kernal panic , ran it after that with -v -x to get an image of the panic code (image is attached to the post)

using iDeneb 1.4 it installs fine however sound doesnt work and video is very glitchy shifting back anf forth from side to side very rapidly any ideas?

Each of the issues you mention will have a different cause.

For instance no sound in iDeneb 1.4 means that you don't have a working driver: normally easy to solve once you know the exact name of your sound card (I can't find it, but for you it should be easy).

As to iAtkos S3 v2 try with cpus=1 (just a guess).

Each of the issues you mention will have a different cause.

For instance no sound in iDeneb 1.4 means that you don't have a working driver: normally easy to solve once you know the exact name of your sound card (I can't find it, but for you it should be easy).

As to iAtkos S3 v2 try with cpus=1 (just a guess).

as for the no sound i figured it was due to no driver which as you mentioned should be easy to find, the drivers that the laptop uses for normal windows os's is usualy the conexant hd audio

however before i can add those in right i need to fix my display issue first for ideneb 1.4, basicly it comes up but shortly after the grey screen with the apple logo it begins to flicker back and forth or for a better term quickly move left and right usualy about 1/3 to the side of the screen depending on the resolution, to me it sounds like refresh rate? or could i be wrong, i chose the correct driver to use for the display which wast the 950 which is supposed to also work for the 945 as well(base gfx card used on the macbook 2006 13.3inch model)

edit: alright so i did some browsing around and fixed the graphical glitch, i used "-v cpus=1" is there a way to make that a permanent command, and does anyone know of any audio drivers that are compatible with conexant hd audio. as well i am currently using an intel wireless adapter what driver would be best advised for that one hard line connection isnt really my concern at the moment

edit: alright so i did some browsing around and fixed the graphical glitch, i used "-v cpus=1" is there a way to make that a permanent command, and

If you are talking about Snow Leopard, update to 10.6.4 and then install the legacy kernel:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=221599

I also read of a new boot loader that makes cpus=1 unnecessary, but now I can't find it again.

does anyone know of any audio drivers that are compatible with conexant hd audio

Conexant hd audio is not a full denomination.

Try here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=208757

as well i am currently using an intel wireless adapter what driver would be best advised for that one hard line connection isnt really my concern at the moment

Same problem: intel wireless adapter is not a full denomination of your device. See here as an example of what I mean:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=84072