Can't boot from CD in boot options (F12)

mushcroom

9 posts in this topic

I really need help with this urgently!

I've managed to install iATKOS S3 on my PC and it is the only OS I have, when I boot up my PC and go in to boot options I select boot using CD but this doesn't work so can someone please explain how I can install Windows 7 on a separate partition?

Thanks!

Hmmm a tricky one that, have you tried

you may need to complete format, reinstall win7 then install iAtkos on top of that

Hope this helps

Blue!

Thanks so much for the reply :D

I have my Windows disc in my CD drive and I've tried moving my cd drive to the top of my boot list but I cannot get the disc to boot first. I don't mind formatting my hard drive because I'll be doing that anyway when I get windows installed, any advice on how to do it?

Thanks again!

Thanks so much for the reply :D

I have my Windows disc in my CD drive and I've tried moving my cd drive to the top of my boot list but I cannot get the disc to boot first. I don't mind formatting my hard drive because I'll be doing that anyway when I get windows installed, any advice on how to do it?

Thanks again!

You've got me there, as you can't format it unless you have a second harddrive in there so that you can use fdisk to determine which drive to format.

Have you tried hitting f8 when you boot up to pull up the other partition or the cd?

Let us know :-)

Blue

You've got me there, as you can't format it unless you have a second harddrive in there so that you can use fdisk to determine which drive to format.

Have you tried hitting f8 when you boot up to pull up the other partition or the cd?

Let us know :-)

Blue

:( F8 isn't an option for me, I have F2 to open the BIOS and F12 to choose what to boot from, I try booting from the CD but it just ignores the CD and takes me through to Chameleon! I was thinking is there a way which I could plug the laptop hard drive in to my main computer?

Thanks very much (:

Try your Windows 7 DVD in another PC first.

If you can't boot from it it's probably because it's scratched or the burn is bad.

Whatever is installed on your hard drive can not possibly affect your ability to boot your PC from a DVD. :D

I'll try that now then edit this post with the results :)

I love you guys.

EDIT:

Turns out that the disc was scratched. I'm currently installing XP for now and it looks like it is working. If it doesn't work I'll post/start a new thread :)

To both of you, thank you very very much!

:D