I only have to thank you

slackx

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I only want to say, great work here in this forum!

At work, I got infected with Mac OSX, but at the moment, I don't have the money to buy an original Apple. So I tried OSX inside a virtual Machine, VMware Workstation 7 and perform a little hack, which was able to recognize OSX and was wondering - it works. With VMware-Tools for Mac and exclusive mode - even fast. Native resolution was my first adventure to solve, which I did here ;) - no problem.

So I tried a native OSX-installation at my laptop, an older Samsung P50 (R65) with i945m and Nvidia 7600go and was surprised, a Kalyway 10.5.2 works nearly perfect - but no LAN oder WLAN available. Then I was searching here and found a solution for my (prior to that unknown) Broadcom 5751 and it works! Great. But for my Atheros WLAN exist no solution or not in my league of understanding. But for other reasons, I need Win7 on my laptop, so I tried a native installation on my little box.

It's a Lian-Li Q07 with standard components, a Zotac G43-ITX (Intel G43, C2D 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, Intel "postville" and gma4500). After reading here, I choose iAtkos-v3-sl 10.6.2, change Controller to AHCI, choose Realtek 1000 Driver - and (nearly) everthing works! And fast - my iMac@work was slower, ok - no SSD :D

The one and only thing that didn't match my expectations was the resolution, I only get 1280x1024 at my 1680x1050 Monitor and QE doesn't work, but I'd like to buy a ATI5670 and a Dell U2410, so this problem will solve itself.

And yes, my next Computer will be a MacBook pro - great work from Apple and great work from this forum, I never assume, that these things are possible.

Sorry for my bad english, I'am not native speaker,

thank you!