Will Asus 1215n capable to install macosx

patpatng

27 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 1215N being shipped to me as I write this. One of the reasons I got it was because the 1201N was so successful in being turned into a hackintosh.

Shouldn't OSX basically just detect both video cards? If we can figure out how to have it just default to the nvidia card, and disable the intel one (via the OS, not BIOS), I can't see why this wouldn't work. Might even be able to just have a manual toggle in OSX for which card to use. The rest of the chipset and such should work well. Or so I hope! :(

I'll be testing this as soon as it arrives next week, will post what I find then if nobody's tried it yet.

I have a 1215N being shipped to me as I write this. One of the reasons I got it was because the 1201N was so successful in being turned into a hackintosh.

Shouldn't OSX basically just detect both video cards? If we can figure out how to have it just default to the nvidia card, and disable the intel one (via the OS, not BIOS), I can't see why this wouldn't work. Might even be able to just have a manual toggle in OSX for which card to use. The rest of the chipset and such should work well. Or so I hope! :)

I'll be testing this as soon as it arrives next week, will post what I find then if nobody's tried it yet.

Really looking forward to hearing the result. You will be the first to try this. Thank you!!

I didn't own 1215n at this moment. I am looking for a elite machine like 1201 which is a superb support on Mac installation.

Thanks

I think that it is a good plan to follow the 1201N-walkthrough. The wificard in that machine is not supported as far as i can see, but the wificard in 1215N is. In that area, it seems that the 1215N is a better hackintosh than the little brother.

I think that the problem will be the ION2 graphics, switching between the onboard graphics and the nVidia-card.

As soon as i am able to take a ghost-copy of my HDD i will make a new attemt.

I think that the 1215N will be a super Mac.

Hi every one 1st post so go easy :whistle: had my 1215n for about 3 weeks now nice machine :( got ubuntu and win 7 on it waiting to upgrade the memory as there seems to be some issue there. anywayz been trying to turn it into my first hackintosh. ive tryed using the 1201n netbook installer form the 1201 thread. ive also tryed the iportable relese but could never get this to boot from usb stick (i dont have a usb cddrive yet). i also tryed using chamelon to boot of the iportable stick which would allwasy say cannot find kernel even if i tryed specifying the path to the various kernels on disk. i also tryed booting of the vanila snow disk but would panic with a kernel error cant rember which 1 will try again and post back. this was also using netbook maker 0.83 ? i think . tryed .84 but was on vmware and said it wouldnt load on this version of the os (10.5.4? and i know it says in the 1201 thread to keep the host os the same as the install disk eg both 10.6 but havnt had access to 1 yet! so maybe thats throwing in problems ) borrowing a mac for an hour 2moz so i can try running the program on 10.6 and see if i can get it to post.

if any 1 can help any more or need me to try anything let me know.

(also b0rked my vmware install as tryed updating with out using the download(used software update which apparently kills it) gonna try getting it up and running again.

also as u can tell i registerd some time ago lol 2008 and this is my 1st post ha! been lurking for a while but allways had AMD systems so new there were more issues so never got on with it. came back recently looking at the 1201n for hackintosh, but waited for the 1215 as wanted the battery life :)

InoXio

I have now installed OSX on my 1215N, using the 1201N description. Most thing seems to be working just fine, with three "small" exeptions:

The two most worrying problems is that neither the ethernet-, nore the wifi-card is working. I have tried to get them to work in a lot of ways, without any luck. I am not going to open my pc to change the wificard to make it work.

The last problem is that the graphics is not working that good. I expect that the accelerated nVidia-part is not functioning.

I hope that someone can find a sollution for these problems soon.

Hey skog, depending on the the wireless card your 1215n came with you might be able to solve the problem.

There is a kext floating around for the artheros card extracted from the 10.6.5 update beta which is known to work with the artheros card that ships with the 1215n. Good luck with the venture!

ps. can you tell me the exact steps you took to get most parts working?

Hey skog, depending on the the wireless card your 1215n came with you might be able to solve the problem.

There is a kext floating around for the artheros card extracted from the 10.6.5 update beta which is known to work with the artheros card that ships with the 1215n. Good luck with the venture!

ps. can you tell me the exact steps you took to get most parts working?

I just followed the 1201N-walkthrough from this forum. Search and you will find.

Do you have a link for this kext? I would love to test it out.

Now the next problem is to find a way to make the graphics work 100%.

I just followed the 1201N-walkthrough from this forum. Search and you will find.

Do you have a link for this kext? I would love to test it out.

Now the next problem is to find a way to make the graphics work 100%.

http://www.kexts.com/view/462-atheros_ar9285.html <--- kext for ar9285(do not use with broadcom chip)

If you don't mind me asking what kext if any are you using for the graphics? If i understand correctly the 1201n ion differs from our 1215n since ours is bundled with an intel igp as well.

I've found some kext said to be partially working with the igp card however its said to be really slow and the mouse icon shows up as a garbled up sqaure.

Hey,

I just got my Asus 1215n,

After reading this post I tried to do some research to try and find a way to get that WIFI card to work. As for what Windows Device manager says, its called Boardcom 4727 and its compatable to BCM43XX. So I had alook in the thread for them, but didnt find a single piece of information.

I might we wrong in what I'm searching, but if someone can confirm the exact name of this card that would be very useful.

I'll try my best to find or (if possible) develop a ktext for this card.

In the mean time if anyone and any other information it would be very useful currently.

• 2 weeks later...
I have now installed OSX on my 1215N, using the 1201N description. Most thing seems to be working just fine, with three "small" exeptions:

The two most worrying problems is that neither the ethernet-, nore the wifi-card is working. I have tried to get them to work in a lot of ways, without any luck. I am not going to open my pc to change the wificard to make it work.

The last problem is that the graphics is not working that good. I expect that the accelerated nVidia-part is not functioning.

I hope that someone can find a sollution for these problems soon.

AR8152 Ethernet is work

http://mac-inul.com/viewtopic.php?p=20451&...c8d1714c291b0a3

I have an Asus EEE 1215N myselves, and have tried to install OSX on it without luck.

I got to install Snow Leopard, but it would not boot up after the install.

I would love to solve this problem too!

sorry, my english is poor

I bought it on sunday,

use chameleon with 10.6.3

drop DSDT.aml to Extra folder

com.apple.Boot.Plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

<key>Theme</key>

<string>Default</string>