Deep Sleep Reboot Loop

Marko Polo

2 posts in this topic

I decided to enable deep sleep on my osx86 box (SL Installed) in order to be able to boot into Windows without having to lose my work in OSX. It worked for a while (a couple glitches here and there, like the mouse moving lightning fast on wake up), but it just completely died on me and is going in an infinite reboot cycle. ;)

I have a little technical knowledge (A+ cert) and I've tried everything I can think of: unplug power from the motherboard for a few minutes, detach the IDE DVD drive (supposedly that can cause problems), tried sleeping in Windows to flush it out, and sleep in Windows doesn't even work anymore.

I'm at a complete loss of what to do. I've tried -x, -f and -s also. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks a bunch for any help; it's all appreciated!

Specs: GA-G31-ES2L mobo, IDE DVD, SATA HDD, Nvidia 9500 GT, Intel Dual Core E6300, vanilla SL install

EDIT: I don't know what happened but I can boot to the SL DVD so I have access to the terminal. :) Is there a command I can use to ditch this deep sleep?

I figured it out! :) For anyone who is having this problem this is what I did:

1) boot into the SL install disk

2) open the terminal

3) go to /Volumes/{your drive name}/private/var/vm

4) delete the file "sleepimage" via

rm sleepimage

5) reboot and wait for the aurora to come up ;)