Unable to boot after installing QE/CI exotic patch on 10.6.4

d43

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I run Mac Pro 3,1 with patched HD4890 (the "original" one, not Vapor-X or any other modification). I had 10.6.2 + QE/CI exotic working fine until recently I updated to 10.6.4. After installing the combo update, I booted normally — but without QE/CI. To fix that, I went to netkas.org and downloaded this patch: http://netkas.org/?p=515

Apparently that was the wrong patch, because after I rebooted, right before loading the desktop, there appeared loads of artifacts on screen (big black squares on white background) and the desktop didn't load afterwards.

I tried repairing permissions and placing my 2600XT EFI card back, but my OS X is still not working :)

Need help, any advice are appreciated! I'd love to get my system back working again, even on old kexts. I suppose I need to revert the changes the patch made to my system, but I have no idea what it changed.

Thank you!