Little help please.

ni7ewing

6 posts in this topic

For the last couple days I've been trying to install Snow Leopard onto my machine and have run into a few different errors. Most of them I've been able to solve with a bit of research and trial and error.

I've been able to get into the install setup and moved onto DISK UTILITY. I have a 1T internal HD that I've formatted a couple different ways. As Mac OS Extended(Journaled) with two partitions and the second time as one giant partition. The two partition thing was an attempt to get a dual boot with Windows7, but I've moved past that idea.

So it seems to be all formatted and ready to go. I select my 953gig HD as the destination folder and it starts copying! (side note: I didn't go through the customizing options for the install)

I get to the INSTALL SUCCESS screen and the computer reboots to come back with:

System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

If I put [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] back into the machine and try to launch the Mac OS I get the screen included on the attached image.

dsc0012itg.jpg

The first line goes along the lines of: snow leopard version mis-match between kernel and cpu

I've heard a few different things surrounding the first error code but nothing specific about when it occurs and what the options are.

I've heard that i have to format and prepare the drive in 10.4.3 and then install 10.4.4.

I've heard that the OS partition isn't active and that I have to remove all the PCI devices.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this issue?

fail one: you didn't go through the install customisation options, install again and check the options that you need ONLY, and make sure you don't use sleepenabler.kext because according to you screenshot that is what is causing your kernel panic

fail one: you didn't go through the install customisation options, install again and check the options that you need ONLY, and make sure you don't use sleepenabler.kext because according to you screenshot that is what is causing your kernel panic

I don't even see a sleepenabler.kext option in my customization menu

well it must still be there if that is what is causing the error, using your own method (livecd) brows the disk to system/library/extensions

there, find and delete sleepenabler.kext, then try rebooting using -v -f, if should load all the kexts from scratch, if it works you will need to generate an mkext afterwards and repair permissions etc.