EBIOS Error: Error 0x09 AHCI/EIDE Question

hannerii

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I have an Asus P5QL/EPU motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @2.5GHz, and nVidia 9800GT. I have been trying to install from the retail disc using the EmpireEFI discs and i keep getting an error "Ebios read error: error 0x09 ... Block 0x0 sectors 0" I've seen some people say that P5Q mobos need to a patched bios yet others say you don't and to patch dsdt. Does anyone have any advice on how best to go about installing from the 10.6.0 disc, ideally without having to flash a patched bios? Any and all information and advice would be greatly appreciated. I currently only have a Windows7 install.

Note: I have indeed searched the forums for P5QL and none of them seemed to answer my questions. Also would it be better to install an iDeneb 10.5.5 disc then upgrade to 10.6, or install straight to 10.6?

I tried both of those to no avail. It shows the apple logo for a few brief seconds then poof, restarts the computer. I also tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and got the same "EBIOS read error: Error 0x09 Block 0x1ee938 Sectors 0" error. I have AHCI turned on, jmicron turned off, ACPI 2.0 is turned on, and only one drive is plugged in.

I Turned off AHCI and set my computer back to Enhanced IDE and now I can run the EmpireEFI disc and boot into a retail 10.6.3 just fine so far. In the process of installing. Anyone know if running in Enhanched IDE will cause any issues since I can't seem to get AHCI working without EBIOS error 0x09?

I Turned off AHCI and set my computer back to Enhanced IDE and now I can run the EmpireEFI disc and boot into a retail 10.6.3 just fine so far. In the process of installing. Anyone know if running in Enhanched IDE will cause any issues since I can't seem to get AHCI working without EBIOS error 0x09?

I am not sure if you will be able to boot into 10.6.3 after installing.... You need to enable C-State in the Bios and also ACPI 2.0 ....

Just let me know if you are successful in installing the Mac without patching the Bios............. Because I am tired of trying...

I always flash my Bios with the Patched one and it works like a charm.....Even I used to be reluctant at first to patch the bios and tried to install all kind of distros but none helped....and once I patched my Bios everything worked like a charm..... I have some guides on how to install Mac...See my Signature...